UIL game play question

Just asking cause i have heard it both ways..
What is UIL rules about playing games the night of school being canceled?

In the 1a district to the north they have a 3 way tie for first between West Sabine, Zavalla and Broaddus. They had flipped and came up with West Sabine playing Zavalla tonight in Colmesneil. Then the Winner playing Broaddus Saturday at TBA..
With the weather Zavalla and Broaddus canceled school today. I know that it won't effect Broaddus cause they had the bye for tonight. But what , if anything does it do to the first game. Can Zavalla play a game tonight after no school today. Heard it both ways. Is there a ruleing here???

[quote name="BucketSitR" post="758990" timestamp="1265986027"]
Just asking cause i have heard it both ways..
What is UIL rules about playing games the night of school being canceled?

In the 1a district to the north they have a 3 way tie for first between West Sabine, Zavalla and Broaddus. They had flipped and came up with West Sabine playing Zavalla tonight in Colmesneil. Then the Winner playing Broaddus Saturday at TBA..
With the weather Zavalla and Broaddus canceled school today. I know that it won't effect Broaddus cause they had the bye for tonight. But what , if anything does it do to the first game. Can Zavalla play a game tonight after no school today. Heard it both ways. Is there a ruleing here???

[/quote]

Hey Bucksitr,

The rules are different for playoffs than for the regular season. In the regular season you can only play on one school night except for a certain amount of tournaments. That is why they play on Fridays. It is after school. A play in game uses the playoff rules. At least that is the way it is to the best of my knowledge.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124