3. Brenham
4. Waco Midway
5. Friendswood
6. Humble Kingwood Park
7. Houston Lee
8. Nacogdoches
9. Willis
10. Angleton

2 local girls teams are on the 4a list, no 4a boys, 5a girls, or 5a boys.  Discuss!

#1 These polls are only voted on by the coaches who attended the General Meeting on Friday evening of the Coaches Clinic in San Antonio.  SE Texas has been NOTORIOUSLY under-represented at this meeting (for very good reasons such as time and money).

#2  To add a team from SE Texas to this list, you'd have to eliminate a team who is already on it.  All of the ten on the guys side at least made it to the third round last year I believe.  No one from SE Texas did.  In fact, I think Lumberton in '08 and Nederland in '06 (?) have made it that far over the past few years.
I watched Lumberton go toe-to-toe with the Brenham team that won the region last year, and I was a part of the Nederland team who beat Kingwood Park in a tune-up game the week before the play-offs that saw KP make it to the Regional Tourney.  But the bottom line is the bottom line.  A SE Texas team needs to make a deeper run in the play-offs to get some respect sent to the area.

My thoughts:
The 3A schools need their own district.  Nederland, PNG, and LCM don't get any better playing WOS, BC, and HF.  And Lumberton and Vidor don't get any better playing Silsbee, Jasper, or HJ.  The two teams that knocked Lumberton and Nederland out last year (Brenham and Waller) had a BATTLE every game in district except for the 2 games against Navasota.  Imagine this district: LCM, Vidor, PNG, Nederland, Lumberton, Ozen, Central, and Livingston.  Where's the easy game there?

Also, I'm not really in the know here, but I wish that the club system could consolidate in Beaumont somehow.  I really belive that this would benefit the entire area.  If somehow there could be one club with one team who could consistently compete at the top level in the state, a couple at the next level under that, and a few more under that, it would help so much.  Instead we have a bunch of teams made up of players within a five to ten mile radius of their high school that get their backsides handed to them when they travel to Houston usually - OR>>>the two or three really, really good players from the area go to Houston to play with the Texans.  If somehow the top 40 players in SE Texas played at ONE CLUB, I believe that three extremely competetive teams could be formed.

Just my two cents...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83