*West Brook vs. Katy Cinco Ranch Updates/Katy Cinco Ranch Advances!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SgtRey" post="721198" timestamp="1259633453"]
OMG!!! you guys are going to ruin my rep!!!
[/quote]
If your going to be a public figure---you need us to polish you up a tad bit.  Thats how its done in the big leagues.  Just stay cool and we'll help you get there.  You be representing Da Brook.  You da 2009 - 2010 poster kid.  (Pun intended.) 8)

The guys had a GREAT season and it was a lot of fun being on the sidelines shooting the games.  One thing is for sure,  all season long I never heard even a hint of a bad attitude or poor sportsmanship.  These young men have a TON of pride and are a CLASS act.  I can't wait til next season.  Feel free to checkout all of the pics @ www.exclusiveimaging.net  Great job BRUINS!!!

This is a week late, but great season Bruins.  You surpassed my expectations, and I know I'm not the only one on the board that feels this way.  West Brook continued to get better and better every week, and earned my respect by having two huge wins late in the year.  The rest of the state has taken notice too.  Like I've said for the last several weeks, next year is gonna be scary.  I hope they can start off the year as hot as they finished this one.  If they can continue to shore up the defense the Golden Triangle may have the 5A champs right in out own back yard.

On a side note, I don't think yall were the better team against CR.  They came out and played for 48 minutes, WB only for 24.  To be the better team you have to show up all game.  Congrats again though.

[quote name="WBbear" post="726844" timestamp="1260359637"]
WB will have 3 running backs next year with more talent than Cooper IMO. Just have to replace the two DT. Justin Jackson will return next year from injury to replace the lone senior safety.
[/quote]
Nick Bryant was also hurt that game...I think he played 4-5 plays...we're going to have to put some beef on that
D-line....maybe convert a couple of our soon to be Jr OT's to DT's, Bruce can run, lol. 

I believe Caleb Bluett is suppose to move inside and we have Dequanne's back up too.

Justin Jackson, by far will be a name you will hear a lot!!

[quote name="westend1" post="727207" timestamp="1260396423"]
The Cothen kid will be back next year on the OLine.  Maybe we can afford to move one of the sophs to DLIne.
[/quote]
You just reminded me...there's a thick kid that started on JV and got moved up I think before the Northshore game....he looked pretty good....a good off season and we may not miss a beat....there is also two freshman that may start as sophmores...a LB(6' 185) and possibly a OT (6'2" 250),  Jaron Green.

Westbrook is plenty good enough on offense to afford to  move some kids to the defensive side of the ball.  Offense at Westbrook hasn't been the problem in the Stump era, but to be able to win like they want to, their are gonna have to do something defensively.  They should be as good as they have been for a long while, but until they play defense like Katy's, North Shore's, or Lufkin's on a yearly basis they will never get out of the region. 

Most of yall see more West Brook games than me, so maybe yall can confirm this.  It seems like WB plays well against spread teams (because WB is usually undersized, but fast), but the pro-style, and power teams usually give them the most trouble?  Just an observation.

Regardless, they should be really tough to beat.  Find a consistent defense and watch out!!!

[quote name="SgtRey" post="727301" timestamp="1260408538"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=63076.msg727299#msg727299 date=1260408481]
I think Jr's spot is secure for another year.   And, you know he is scared of contact.      ;D
[/quote]
:D :D who...Jr?
[/quote]

Yes.  And I'll tell him to his face next time I see him.          :o ;) :D

[quote name="westend1" post="727303" timestamp="1260408621"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=63076.msg727301#msg727301 date=1260408538]
I think Jr's spot is secure for another year.   And, you know he is scared of contact.      ;D
[/quote]
:D :D who...Jr?
[/quote]

Yes.  And I'll tell him to his face next time I see him.           :o ;) :D
[/quote]
I'll make sure you sign a waiver before meeting him.. ;D

[quote name="westend1" post="727299" timestamp="1260408481"]
I think Jr's spot is secure for another year.  [/quote]
I agree.  It's nice to know we have options though.  ;D

[quote name="Newbie" post="727369" timestamp="1260415083"]
I think Jr's spot is secure for another year.  [/quote]
I agree.  It's nice to know we have options though.  ;D
[/quote]
I know Jr well enough to know, he'll play nose guard if he's asked to.  I think there will be some games where Stump has to develope Stump jr.  I think this year he hits the field in the lopsided games starting from week zero(if it's a lopsided game of course).  You may even find Jr at WR/RB in packages....or on defense....maybe on the bench taking pics.... ;)

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="728015" timestamp="1260541477"]
JR playing nose guard won't fix their defensive woes!!!!!!!!!

He's a good QB, but would be a even better reciever IMO.
[/quote]
Yes...I believe he'd be a really good receiver...IF he has the opportunity to play at the next level it will be at receiver or safety...I think safety would be his best position on the field...he understands what QBs and receivers think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder