District 22-2A The Toughest District In Class 2A

Last week all 3 teams, (Kirbyville, Newton, Woodville), of district 22 beat up district 21 like a drummer. I wanted to know your opinion on the toughest district in 2A. Many thought it would be district 21 with Corrigan and New Waverly but Woodville and Kirbyville brought that to a hault. This week all of district 22 is matched up with district 23 and I predict all 3 of district 22 teams to come out with a dominating victory. Let me know what you guys think?

Kirbyville and Newton should take care of business pretty easily.  The Woodville EC matchup should be a good one.  I like EC by less than a TD in that game but it could easily go the other way. 

As far as 22-2A being the toughest district it has to be in serious consideration as one of the toughest if not the toughest.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="710829" timestamp="1258485448"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62554.msg710802#msg710802 date=1258484266]
Is there any other 2A district that has all 3 teams still playing? Just curious.

GO WILDCATS!!!
[/quote]

Districts 8, 13, 17, 19, 27, 31 and of course 23 with the bye.
[/quote]

Knowing who 23 would play the UIL felt sorry and gave them a bye ;D

[quote name="uknowit2" post="710857" timestamp="1258487818"]
And Friday, Woodville will get the bye-bye.
[/quote]

Easy lil fella!  If you care to look at the playoff pick ems you'll see that I picked EC to win that game but I can promise you that it will be closer than you think.  If EC doesn't control the ball they may very well lose that game.

Justsaying, no one here is above the other so don't start that stuff on here.  I moderate the boards not rule them with an iron fist.  Check the definition of moderate before you make another ridiculous comment.  Uknowit2 and I were having a debate over the better district.  Nothing to it so don't make it more than it is.

Uknowit2, let me rephrase what I said.  It will be closer than most think and yes a win is a win by 1 or 50.

Does your district year end and year out have a top 10 contender whether it is in basketball or baseball and guess what, Kountze and Buna used to be in our district as well as HJ and Orangefield when were were 3a and used to be tough. Your district is made up of our old district who is not very good now, but still beat you in basketball and baseball. Now you do the math!!! LOL.

So why does our district have 2 teams in the top ten now? Everyone may lose in your district. You may beat Woodville but we know for a fact 2 of our teams will still be playing while all of yours will be shooting hoops after next week regardless and if you do win Daingerfield is gonna throw basketballs on the field like they did against Newton last year. LOL. And o yea. Go lady Eagles, Beat the Bucs!!!!

[quote name="Bobby Light" post="710971" timestamp="1258499237"]
Maybe the toughest district to get 3rd in, cuz everyone knows who will get 1st and 2nd.  Yes it has 2 of the top teams in the state, but thats it.  [u][i][b]In no way am I saying that district 23 is better, or anything like that[/b][/i][/u]. But i am gonna say it is more competitive for all 3 playoff spots.
[/quote]

[quote author=Aiden1 link=topic=62554.msg711003#msg711003 date=1258501751]
So why does our district have 2 teams in the top ten now? Everyone will lose in your district. You may beat Woodville but we know for a fact 2 of our teams will still be playing while all of yours will be shooting hoops and if you do win Daingerfield is gonna throw basketball on the field like they done Newton last year. LOL.
[/quote]

You really dont read stuff all the way through before u speak, do you?  I said that yall have 2 of the top teams in the state, and i clearly said that in no way am i saying our district is better. I am just saying our district is more competitive for all 3 playoff spots, which means INSIDE our district, not with district 22. We all know where we stand against Newton and Kirbyville.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Aiden1" post="711003" timestamp="1258501751"]
regardless and if you do win Daingerfield is gonna throw basketballs on the field like they did against Newton last year. LOL.
[/quote]

Oh ain't you cool.  ::)  We have seen pathetically bad behavior before, and whether or not we see it a week from now, it really doesn't matter. It reflects badly on them (and those sad people who think its funny, Aiden), not us.  

Guest rykerx144
I think what bobby meant and I agree with him on this is this.  The question was ask which is the toughest district in the state?  Not which district has the most talent!  I definitely agree that district 23 is a tougher district to compete in.  The district is pretty even match and you have to win games each week with no let downs just to make the playoffs.  In district 22, I mean realistically how hard was it for Newton and Kirbyville to make the playoffs??  Now I'm not saying it cant and never will happen but realistically Newton and Kirbyville should have no problems making the playoffs in this district for the next couple of years at least if it stays the same or similar! 

[quote name="uknowit2" post="710829" timestamp="1258485448"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62554.msg710802#msg710802 date=1258484266]
Is there any other 2A district that has all 3 teams still playing? Just curious.

GO WILDCATS!!!
[/quote]

Districts 8, 13, 17, 19, 27, 31 and of course 23 with the bye.
[/quote]

It doesnt count if you get a BYE...I meant who have actually played in the first round, and moving to the second! But thanks for the info

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics