Kirbyville vs. Anahuac Prediction's

brianmcd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what kind of speed Anahuac has, but I do know that Corrigan Camden won the 2A State Track Meet last year. #22 could fly for CC last week but Kville adjusted their pursuit angles after the 1st quarter and contained him nicely the rest of the game. Also #3 for CC caught Ford early, I guess Ford used his Turbo later because he didn't get caught again.

Kville  60
AP      13

The Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs had an answer for almost every team they faced this season on their way to another playoff berth. But on Friday night, Corrigan-Camden had absolutely no answer for Kirbyville running back LeFredrick Ford.

Ford shredded the Bulldogs' defense for 272 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries as the Wildcats eliminated Corrigan-Camden in Class 2A Division I Region II bi-district action at Lufkin's Abe Martin Stadium, 51-28.

Corrigan-Camden's Eric Durham did his part as he ran for 192 yards and two touchdowns on 23 carries. That included 198 yards and two touchdowns on just nine carries in the first quarter.
But in the end, Ford and the Wildcats simply had too much offense for Corrigan-Camden.

For the night, Kirbyville racked up 629 yards of total offense as it overcame a five-turnover night. Corrigan-Camden was also efficient on offense as it gained 379 total yards.

Kirbyville will take on Anahuac in the next round of the playoffs.

A wild first half saw Kirbyville with 425 total yards of offense and Ford doing most of the damage. He had 239 yards and two touchdowns on nine carries and added a 24-yard reception.

Corrigan-Camden held its own for much of the half as Durham had 194 yards on 13 carries and the Bulldogs racked up 252 total yards of offense.

The Wildcats needed just two plays to get on the board as Fred Rhodes scored on a 30-yard touchdown for an early 7-0 lead.

Corrigan-Camden took two plays to answer as Durham broke off a 74-yard run that tied it at 7-7.

Kirbyville muffed the following kickoff and the Bulldogs took over at the 35 yard line. Four plays later, Greg Nobles scored on a 3-yard run that gave Corrigan-Camden a 14-7 lead.

Kirbyville tied the game on a Kael Jones 1-yard run to make it 14-14.

The Bulldogs took the lead back on their next offensive play as Durham broke free for an 85-yard score. The extra point failed, leaving the game at 20-14.

Kirbyville continued the barrage of big plays as Ford scored on a 64-yard run to take a 21-20 lead with 1:46 still left in the first quarter.

The Wildcats extended that lead as Caleb Cucancic scored on a 65-yard pass from Jones to make it 28-20.

Kirbyville delivered an appropriate end to an exciting first half as Ford scored on an 80-yard run on the final play of the second quarter. Cucancic ran in the two-point conversion for a 36-20 lead.

Kirbyville got on the board midway through the third quarter as JaMichael Ervine scored on a 40-yard run to make it 43-20. A safety made the score 45-20 with 8:05 remaining.

Kirbyville added its final score on a one-yard touchdown run by Burman Ervine that made it 51-20.

Corrigan-Camden got on the board with 22 seconds remaining as JoCourtney Johnson scored on an eight-yard touchdown run and Greg Nobles found Roberto DeJesus on the two-point conversion to make the final 51-28.

Corrigan-Camden finishes the season with an 8-3 record.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="708762" timestamp="1258298986"]
yea because they havent played a great team yet this year!  ;)  you said you hope their speed can keep them in the game?  How would you compare Anahuac's speed to Newtons, Jaspers, WOS, or Silsbee?  Just curious?
[/quote]

Since you asked...I'd say individually we have players on our team that are just as fast, or faster than the fastest on your squad -and the other teams listed above.  I think where ya'll are better is overall "team speed," if you understand what I mean by that - I'm sure you do.  Maybe everything will come together for us Friday night, stranger things have happened and how crazy it would be to win!

Go AP!  Execution on offense and contain, contain, contain on defense

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="dray2002" post="709703" timestamp="1258388910"]
Hope Anahuac doesn't play dirty this year!
[/quote]

And I am sure Anahuac hopes Kirbyville doesn't play dirty this year, either.  ::)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="709860" timestamp="1258397967"]
[quote author=dray2002 link=topic=62367.msg709703#msg709703 date=1258388910]
[/quote]

And I am sure Anahuac hopes Kirbyville doesn't play dirty this year, either.   ::)
[/quote]

Clean this up before it gets out of hand.  No need in all that nonsense.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="709876" timestamp="1258398574"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=62367.msg709860#msg709860 date=1258397967]
[/quote]

And I am sure Anahuac hopes Kirbyville doesn't play dirty this year, either.   ::)
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm just saying last year Anahuac was losing toward the end of the game game decided to illegal cut block #15 Jamicheal Ervine in which we lost him for the rest of the state title run

[quote name="dray2002" post="709881" timestamp="1258398849"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=62367.msg709876#msg709876 date=1258398574]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=62367.msg709860#msg709860 date=1258397967]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm just saying last year Anahuac was losing toward the end of the game game decided to illegal cut block #15 Jamicheal Ervine in which we lost him for the rest of the state title run
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying but leave it at that.  No more of this they played dirty stuff.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="709860" timestamp="1258397967"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

ECBucFan, Kirbyville is too big and too strong of a team for Anahuac. Anahuac will come out ready to play just like last year, but they fixing to get the business my friend!

Guest ECBucFan
My response to dray2002 had nothing to do with the eventual outcome of the game. Common knowledge KV is favored here. I simply challenged an statement about the style of Anahuacs play I felt was waaaay unnecessary.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="709999" timestamp="1258404978"]
My response to dray2002 had nothing to do with the eventual outcome of the game. Common knowledge KV is favored here. I simply challenged an statement about the style of Anahuacs play I felt was waaaay unnecessary.
[/quote]
No hard feeling ECBucFan I hope its clean ball from both teams come friday night

Guest ECBucFan
Yeah, me too. I am not from Anahuac, but our neighbors (as far as I can tell) don't have a rep as that type of team.
It's all cool, dray, and I hope for a good clean game, too.  :)

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="709851" timestamp="1258397530"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=62367.msg708762#msg708762 date=1258298986]
yea because they havent played a great team yet this year!  ;)  you said you hope their speed can keep them in the game?  How would you compare Anahuac's speed to Newtons, Jaspers, WOS, or Silsbee?  Just curious?
[/quote]

Since you asked...I'd say individually we have players on our team that are just as fast, or faster than the fastest on your squad -and the other teams listed above.  I think where ya'll are better is overall "team speed," if you understand what I mean by that - I'm sure you do.  Maybe everything will come together for us Friday night, stranger things have happened and how crazy it would be to win!

[/quote]

Um im sorry sir but Anahuac's speed is not even near the same level as Silsbee or WOS speed and i say K-Ville is just as fast as both of those teams i know your an Anahuac fan but im from Liberty i could care less who wins so having watches Silsbee play HJ, WOS play Coldspring, K-Ville play LIB and Anahuac play Hardin, Anahuac's team is not even close to any of these guys in speed

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Anafanatic" post="709851" timestamp="1258397530"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes that is what I was referring to is team speed, not track speed.  I was just trying to make a point that Kirbyville has speed and has seen speed all year so I dont think that Anahuac's speed alone will be enought to win this one.

[quote name="LTpanthers7" post="710210" timestamp="1258418095"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=62367.msg709851#msg709851 date=1258397530]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Um im sorry sir but Anahuac's speed is not even near the same level as Silsbee or WOS speed and i say K-Ville is just as fast as both of those teams i know your an Anahuac fan but im from Liberty i could care less who wins so having watches Silsbee play HJ, WOS play Coldspring, K-Ville play LIB and Anahuac play Hardin, Anahuac's team is not even close to any of these guys in speed
[/quote]

I guess you didn't read what I said...figures!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder