Moderator Suggestion

bh89-2

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695363" timestamp="1257220268"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=61753.msg695233#msg695233 date=1257214653]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=61753.msg694398#msg694398 date=1257178372]
I have a suggestion for the Moderators to make this board more user friendly

If someone post something that is innappropriate, delete it and send them a private message explaining why.  I have watched and even been involved with a number of public forum exhanges this year that have no place in open forum.  I experienced it when I questioned how the SETXSPORTS ranking votes were geographically obtained, PNG fan got it when he developed an open fan ranking system using WOSGRAD's format, and RANGER83 is getting it now in the GCM vs. KP thread.  This adds no value to this site and takes away from the fun and interaction that makes it so successful.

My two pennies, a moderator calling a user's mouth a "pie hole" and threatning him in open forum is a bit out of line.    
[/quote]

bh-2, usually how you have suggested it is how I do it.  However, more and more, instead of showing contrition for failure to follow board rule, my pms were met with indignence and complaints about "selective moderation."  In fact, you have been one of the very few exceptions to the rule.  

But let's take the different situations that you put up.  First, you "getting it" when you questioned how the SETXSPORTS rankings votes were obtained.  As I recall there was no exchange there....you had suggested that the staff give information about their geographic info and bias' and I obliged.  That was met with basically "I was only kiddin'."

Second, I don't recall PNG1992 getting heat from moderators about his fan poll.  I recall that the heat came from the same place that heat about the staff poll....other posters.

And finally the situation yesterday.  Ranger83 made a remark in a thread which targeted a school's graduates as "thugs."  Now, my style of moderation is that if I can edit out a portion of a thread that violates board rules and still preserve the post, I will do that.  I don't like deleting posts...someone put some time and at least some thought into it.  That is what I did with Ranger 83's post...I did not change any words, just deleted the offending portion.  Ranger83, not I, wished to make this public by demanding to know why the thread had been edited.  After I told him why, he DEMANDED that I never edit his posts but delete them outright...such a post would have bought many folks a vacation, I chose to warn him in public.

The moral of the story, if you don't want the dirty laundry aired in public, then don't put it in public.
[/quote]

[u][b]That is not true.  The moderators are the ones that was mocking the fan rankings.  If my memory serves me correctly AggiesAreWe, Adminbaberuth, Bmtsouja, and your all might KFDMCOOP all had fun mocking the rankings and being disrespectful.  Once again you use lies to justify your actions.  [/b][/u]
[/quote]

Wow...You have 40 total post on this board and you act like you have seen it all.  Spend a little more time posting quality material and less time complaining and name dropping!

[quote name="SETXsports Broadcaster" post="695605" timestamp="1257258608"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=61753.msg695564#msg695564 date=1257256711]
It must not be any of those. I have never worried about Crisco routing and usually stick with canola oil.
[/quote]

I enjoy the cotten seed oil.  It cost more but because I get a hefty pay check from this site every week I can afford it :D
[/quote]

Same here... ;)

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="695640" timestamp="1257260824"]
LOL!  I've heard the song lots of times, but I can't sing along.  You don't get to hear that one on the radio to be able to memorize it like the newer songs.  Ol' Tex Ritter made those places famous though.  My parents are from Teneha (actually Paxton), but like everyone else had moved down this way to make a living.  We still have the old family place up there though, on HWY 84.
[/quote]

here you go:
On the HE--WT line,
Old East Texas sure looks fine
Drop me off just anywhere (near)
Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo, and Blair

Here those drivers pound the rails,
Takin' me back to Texas trails,
Bought my ticket, paid my fair,
Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo, and Blair

Whooooo, waiting for the whistle,
Whooooo, when you hear the whistle,
It means that the stations not so far,
From where we are,

Let'er highball, engineer,
Pull that throttle, track is clear,
There's a gal just waitin' there,
Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo, and Blair.

gotta love it

;D

The sign is still there, between Timpson and Teneha.

Speaking of unlevel fields, I think the San Augustine field is still unlevel.  Anyone who has been there lately maybe able to speak for that.  I remember the fields runs downhill away from the concession stands and fieldhouse all 100 yards.  When your standing in the far endzone and look back towards the fieldhouses it looks like it drops about 3 feet.

[quote name="westend1" post="695609" timestamp="1257258927"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61753.msg695545#msg695545 date=1257254076]
Political correctness, blah, blah, blah.  Its called an opinion, and just because you may not agree with it, it don't make it wrong.

The bottom line is, don't criticize WOS and West Brook and you willl be ok.
[/quote]

Westbrook?  are you kidding?  Nobody on here defends Westbrook.   But you do seem to attack them every chance you get.  What is your issue with Brook Bobo?   Who do you support?
[/quote]

"Hey thake it e-c,  okah?" Tony Montana(scarface)...I defend WB.... >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed