My hats off to the Lumberton coaches!!!

I have to say that this weekend delivered some great football, there were some hard hits, some great runs and parents were there to support the kids which makes the games even more exciting! I have read some posts on here, that I did not really understand so therefore I will not bring this all back up, but first I would like to say congrats to all of the teams that even reached the playoffs this year.

I know that some teams were eliminated yesterday, and that some have moved on to the next round but first things first I am great friends with the Lumberton coaches and they did a great job this year with their kids as well as all of the other teams in this league. I am a coach and I think that sometimes people who are not coaching can lose sight of just how hard it is to do this job and yet make everyone happy, somehow though you never can satisfy everybody, and I understand that, but please don't disrespect these coaches and or volunteers. They have an awesome organization and these guys are jam up. After our game yesterday they told my kids how good they played and we did the same. What else is funny is that during the game they scored first and when we were close at mid field watching the extra point take place , their head coach and I hugged and then went to our own sidelines now what did that show my kids? I will tell you what it did it showed them that both of there coaches had class and that we were grown up enough to have a friendly rivalry/competition. I am taking up for them because if I didn't then I would feel as if I have done an injustice to them as a friend.

My head coach and I have so much respect for everyone in this league, that we were very upset as to what was being said on here, I just wonder how would the people who make accusations like that feel if we did that to them! Pointed them out for all to see at a time when this is so not needed. We will be headed to the Super Bowl next weekend to represent WEST ORANGE STARK and we will also be there rooting for the pro bowl team I hope that we can all move forward from silly things like this and learn to respect and appreciate each other in this league, because it is the best league around. I would also like to wish good luck to Mustangs98 and Mustangs92 next week as they are my brothers and we can't wait to see you guys there. May GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

IT was me that made a comment , that was wrong ,  it's was me that said someting without thinking !!!  I've taken down the comments and said what a great guy LR33 is and how much the kids love him !!!  From my understanding you all are "" Good Christians ""  and good men !!! People make mistakes every day ,, I made on yesterday with the original post and I am trying to appologize , yet for some reason , that just is not good enough ,,, !!! 

I do find it funny , that one of this crew has DIRECTLY insulted a kid (mine)  and Im the one trying to admit I was wrong ,, and yet  , every one is attacking me !!!! 

It was a great game and all of the kids played great ,, I also am glad that you all can get along and be friendly !!  CONGRATS WOS

So there you go Ive appologized , I've taken down all the posts ,, that pretty much all I can do !!!

I am happy that you have reconciled that situation. I could not see what all was said  so I was not attacking you just taking up for my friend, now if one of their coaches did insult you or your son then they should also apologize. This league should be fun everyone including the coaches  and I hope that we can all learn from this season, there seems to have been more controversy this year than last  and I would hate to see it continue to escalate. See you all Saturday.

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="693599" timestamp="1257102561"]
I am happy that you have reconciled that situation. I could not see what all was said  so I was not attacking you just taking up for my friend, now if one of their coaches did insult you or your son then they should also apologize. This league should be fun everyone including the coaches  and I hope that we can all learn from this season, there seems to have been more controversy this year than last  and I would hate to see it continue to escalate. See you all Saturday.
[/quote]

It wouldve been great to meet you all  for myself ,,  I thought I would have a chance after the game when I was waiting for my DVD , but all the coaches were talking so , I decided not to interupt!!!  GREAT GAME ,,
I HOPE WOS wins it all !!! GOOD LUCK SAT.

[quote name="raider20/7" post="693886" timestamp="1257123465"]
All I have to say is the peewee white coaches did a GREAT job this year.  My son had a great season. He made alot of good memories and learned alot from Coach Chris and the other coaches.  I am just sad it's over I enjoyed every bit of it. 
[/quote]

I completely agree!  This was my son's first year to play football, so he had a really hard time in the beginning, but Coach Chris was so patient with him and taught him to LOVE the game.  He cannot wait to play next year!  He's just sad that Coach Chris will not be his coach.  So thanks Lumberton White PeeWee coaches.  You were ALL the best and help our boys experience a great season and make great memories!

If you get the right coach on a team then they have the ability to make the kids want to bust their rear ends on the field and win.  If the coach motivates them in a "nice" but "firm" way, I think the kids learn a lot more then if the coach is constantly hollering and at times cursing at them.  Save that stuff for middle and high school .. we are talking about Elementary and 6th grade kids .. no need to be mean about it.  Teach them right but teach them in a manner that is appropriate.

I don't know about the Lumberton coaches, but the kids that came up to my son after they beat us in the playoffs (Sr. league - Lumberton White) really impressed me with their "good game" and "your're a good player!".  It made the loss a little easier to swallow AND my son remembers those comments and talks about it a lot.

So yeah, if the coaches hadn't taught their kids respect then they would not have shown respect to my Lil Mustang!

Thank you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23