Bay Lee Vs North Shore

North Shore was going to win this game either way, but the Ganders just gift wrapped it for them.
It should have been 7-0 North Shore at the half.
A horrible pass by Lee's qb gave NS a gift6 interception return for a td.
Lee stopped NS the first four times the Mustangs had the ball in the first half.
On NS'sfirst punt, you could see the way they were lined up, with their three gunners on one side of the field, they had all of Lee's speed on the punt return over there inexplicably lining up across from these guys.  NS should have faked that first time, and it would have been an easy run for Denby around the corner where Lee had their slow footed middle linebacker as the contain.  NS had mercy on us that time, but of course the second punt for NS comes and Lee's coaches failed to see the flaw in their punt return scheme.  So, this time NS took the easy fake punt that Lee's coaches handed to them and Denby ran around right end for a 50 yard touchdown.

Lee's best running back is running second string.  #21 is a pure running back.  #1, while he is serviceable, is more of a safety type.  He plays a lot at safety, but he plays at running back too, which limits him in both areas.  He should be strictly a safety and #21 should be the full time running back. 

Lee is driving on a possession early in the game....moving the ball pretty well.
The coaches decide to put in #19 and then...of course,...they put him in motion, everyone on NS's defense starts running towards where he is motioning to for his patented receiver sweep that thhey give him every time he comes in the game.  Me...I'm holding out hopebecause the whol eNS defense is over there waiting on him, and a Pop Warner coach would have the forethought to realize NS would be coached to know that he is going to get the ball on a receiver sweep when he goes in motion, so I just KNEW that the quarterback was going to keep it and do some misdirection off of it.  But, nope...5 NS defenders were over there waiting on him 7 yards deep in the backfield.  That made it 2nd and 17 and stopped all hopes for that drive.

Next time around they let #35 go for the receiver sweep.  well, it's not #19, so what do you know, the NS defense doesn't believe the fake...they fake it to #35 and give it instead to the running back.
IOt goes no where of course, because the NS defenders have been taught already that if it's not #19 it's not going to be the receiver sweep.

The tendencies are just TOO, TOO easy to figure out with Lee.

It's like thir playbook is the original Tecmo Bowl playbook.  Except that Tecmo Bowl playbook had four plays, which is twice as many as Lee has.

I'm not saying that Lee had a prayer of winning this game, but the coaches just aren't contributing right now.

The third NS score was after #1 came in at running back and fumbled the first play after Lee had recovered a NS fumble on the Mustangs' side of the field.  I just knew they were going to try and get a quick strike to #14, who is leaps and bounds better than any other offensive player Lee has...but no, they run the ball with #1, who fumbles and NS takes it back about 60 yards to the Lee 10, setting up an easy td.
The 4th NS td was the first legitimate drive they had in the first half and that was with about 5 minutes to go in the half.  At that point Lee had mailed it in.  Can't say I blame them.  they are a decent group of players that have no guidance.

I left with 5 minutes to go in the first half as my anger was making a dull ache in the pit of my stomach turn into a stabbing knife piercing my kidney.

There is no way that NS is 40+ points better than Lee.
I didn't see the WB game, but I'm certain that WB is better than NS.

NS is there for the taking this year.
It was mind boggling to see Lee stop NS's offense 4 straight times to start the game, as horrible as Lee's defense is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476