*High Island @ Evadale predictions*

6 MANDAD

So I guess that the Cards weren't real competition for your guys (12 pt difference), or for West Hardin (8 pt difference).  And when you look at it, High Island beat themeselves in both games (turnovers).  People are really underestimating High Island.  That's fine, better for the Cards to be overlooked and not worried about, because they have surprised alot of people this year, and will surprise a few more.

The Cardinals are always underestimated! And you are so right. Let all of them come out to play and not worry about High Island or think they are no competition. The Cardinals will continue to surprise people and maybe, just maybe, earn a little respect from these posters!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!  ;D

Conside this poster someone with great respect for the HI Cards. I have stated many times that there is plenty of tough stock in the players from HI and I will add SP. I love my Rebels and of course I believe that they will win tomorrow night. But every team better come out ready to play against every team in 23A. Some have posted on SETX calling this the weakest 1A district in the state. I don't think so and here is my reasoning.

District 23A has great kids. Girls and guys, so I take offense when people call our district weak. I am sure we will hear it next year about both the districts that emerge once we divide into D1 and D2. Well you know what I will stack our schools, teams, coaches and kids against any other 1A in the state. We not knot come out on top but they will know they have been in a fight.

Let me write it for all to read. I think the kids in Burkeville, Colmesneil, Chester, High Island, Hull-Daisetta, Sabine Pass, West Hardin and Evadale are great athletes, students and most importantly young men and women that we all can be proud of.

I wish the Cards well even though I don't wish them a victory against us. 

So I guess that the Cards weren't real competition for your guys (12 pt difference), or for West Hardin (8 pt difference).  And when you look at it, High Island beat themeselves in both games (turnovers).  People are really underestimating High Island.  That's fine, better for the Cards to be overlooked and not worried about, because they have surprised alot of people this year, and will surprise a few more.

The Cardinals are always underestimated! And you are so right. Let all of them come out to play and not worry about High Island or think they are no competition. The Cardinals will continue to surprise people and maybe, just maybe, earn a little respect from these posters!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!  ;D

Conside this poster someone with great respect for the HI Cards. I have stated many times that there is plenty of tough stock in the players from HI and I will add SP. I love my Rebels and of course I believe that they will win tomorrow night. But every team better come out ready to play against every team in 23A. Some have posted on SETX calling this the weakest 1A district in the state. I don't think so and here is my reasoning.

District 23A has great kids. Girls and guys, so I take offense when people call our district weak. I am sure we will hear it next year about both the districts that emerge once we divide into D1 and D2. Well you know what I will stack our schools, teams, coaches and kids against any other 1A in the state. We not knot come out on top but they will know they have been in a fight.

Let me write it for all to read. I think the kids in Burkeville, Colmesneil, Chester, High Island, Hull-Daisetta, Sabine Pass, West Hardin and Evadale are great athletes, students and most importantly young men and women that we all can be proud of.

Comment was directed to someone who thinks that his team can do no wrong.  Yet here they are looking up at the top once agian this year.  And he still lives in the past instead of the present.  Time to throw away your glory days and accept the fact that his team is now equal with everyone else.

GO CARDINALS!!!  ;D

Comment was directed to someone who thinks that his team can do no wrong.  Yet here they are looking up at the top once agian this year.  And he still lives in the past instead of the present.  Time to throw away your glory days and accept the fact that his team is now equal with everyone else.

hey 1880, why dont you read this post by yellar again with your glasses on .. he is doing nothing but showing respect towards all the teams in the district, giving them compliments.. get your feelings off your shoulders and support his comment

So I guess that the Cards weren't real competition for your guys (12 pt difference), or for West Hardin (8 pt difference).  And when you look at it, High Island beat themeselves in both games (turnovers).  People are really underestimating High Island.  That's fine, better for the Cards to be overlooked and not worried about, because they have surprised a lot of people this year, and will surprise a few more.

GO CARDINALS!!!  ;D

Rebelyeller, you are very correct in your assessment of the student/student athletes of District 23A.  This District, like most small districts (3A and Under) in the state watch these kids grow up on the playing fields and courts from JR High through High School.  Every parent and some of the posters on SETXsports know the respectable players from the opposing teams.  When I say respectable players I am not saying that some are not respectable, but that you see certain kids that hold themselves tall, with good poise and always show good sportsmanship on and off the field.  This can be attributed to the small town atmosphere and or family atmosphere that a small district can still afford to give their community.  The Teachers and Coaches that become a part of the lives of the students and push each one to be their very best will always be remembered by these young men and women.  The ones that do not strive to make each student better are remembered as well. :'(

District 23A athletics has been competitive for many years and will continue to do so.  Cycles, it is the one thing that keeps going.  Just as the seasons change, so do communities and school districts.  Yes, it is fun to post and boast about your team on this board, but reading the last few posts on this thread shows the real camaraderie of This District.  I have personally loved, hated, respected and in due time loved again each school in our District.  I have talked to each coach in the Football, Basketball and Baseball teams over the past years and I tip my hat to each one of you guys.  I truly feel that each one of these men and women are doing there part to make the Students productive people in society.

I have enjoyed your penmanship Rebelyeller and look forward to your updates.

Good Luck all teams Friday night.

Go Cardinals.

i don't think coach takes any team for granted he repects all competitors  but he will not intentionally try and run up the score on anyone

and thats why our scores or no runaways lots of the time .last year when we played burkeville it could have been much worse

glad to see the mustangs coming around

GO CARDINALS!!!  ;D

hey 1880, why dont you read this post by yellar again with your glasses on .. he is doing nothing but showing respect towards all the teams in the district, giving them compliments.. get your feelings off your shoulders and support his comment

Comment was not directed at Rebel Yeller, but at someone (55) who feels that everybody in the world doesn't compare to his beloved bobcats.

TheCardinalFan has such a voice of reason. :-) We sure are going to miss you...wait, we already do!  :'(

I try not to engage in the trash talking, but the pride I have in the Cardinals sometimes overtakes my reasonable thinking. I can't stand it when they are shown so little respect. These boys are still overcoming so much from last year; yet, they are out there every Friday night putting their hearts and souls into the game. Win or lose - this game or ANY game - I am just so proud of them - every single one of them.

HI Cards, go out there tonight and, once again, give it your all. That's all we - parents, coaches, friends and your community - expect from you. We are all so proud of all of you - no matter what the outcome of the game.

Having said that...

GO CARDINALS!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Funny how “MAGA” is considered a bad thing…. The MAGA crowd….etc…. Whoever doesn’t want to make America Great should leave. 
    • That's an interesting take, but considering that an incumbent enjoys a HUGE advantage historically, I think Covey came pretty close to an upset. I don't care one way or the other - the biggest reason being that I live in Hardin County. But I have to think the Trump endorsement got Covey that close in the first place. His only recognition was on a very local level, virtually unheard of before the Trump endorsement. Otherwise, he probably would've lost by thousands of votes instead of a few hundred. Just my observation.
    • I think the interesting point is this… Trump backed candidates do better when Trump is on the ballot. Back in March Covey was up by 3%, and that skirt from Jasper pulled about 10%… and most people believed that her voters would go directly to Covey. Conventional wisdom was that Covey would be up by 10-12 points if all things went according to the pattern from March. That just didn’t happen. Typically turnout is lower in runoffs than in the primaries, and my guess is that Phelan had fewer votes this time around than last, but covey had WAY fewer votes. A friend of mine has been watching a similar runoff in central texas, and the results were similar. The MAGA guy just didn’t turn out the votes this May.    My opinion is that a large portion of the support these Trump guys are just that…. Trump supporters. They’ll vote down ticket according to MAGA directives when Trump is on the ballot, but when they can’t vote Trump, they just don’t show up at all. 
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • Then you should have known lots of people said the exact same thing when the alcoholic Democrat Ann Richards was elected way way back in the day. Texas has become redder and redder ever since. People, especially blacks, are waking up and realizing the Marxist Democrats are destroying them. Feel free to hold your breath waiting on your dream to happen though. That would be fun to watch, LOL.  
  • Topics