Lumberton Scoop

thescoop

before the school year started and most of you didnt know who he was and why the other coach was being replaced.....i was the first to tell each and everyone of you that he was a man that could go anywhere and maek a winning team...some of you are still doubting....you go right ahead and each week on saturday morning after your team has lost to the Raiders you should think to yourself...why didnt we respect this team and there coach

Very smart statement!!!!!! Maybe, just maybe, Vidor, PN-G and LC-M individuals might want to sit back in their lazy boys, read the Beaumont Enterprise and drink a big cup of be quiet and listen to what has been said. All you doubters need to stop talking crap and lat these boys, along with the rest of the teams in southeast texas, play their games and let it all be decided on the field instead of parents, adults, and students not playing the game run their mouths and start more crap for others ( piratefan ) to respond to!!!!!!!!!!

before the school year started and most of you didnt know who he was and why the other coach was being replaced.....i was the first to tell each and everyone of you that he was a man that could go anywhere and maek a winning team...some of you are still doubting....you go right ahead and each week on saturday morning after your team has lost to the Raiders you should think to yourself...why didnt we respect this team and there coach

Where did this Coach come from? I know I read that he went to HS in Lumberton, but where else has he coached?

In high school, rankings mean NOTHING. West Brook started its first year in existence by going 0-5. They then started district play and won the 5A state championship

Not thread jacking but WB was 1-4 first 5 games but yes they did win state finishing 2nd behind TJ

Agreed on the polls for college, but LHS can gain expirence winning games something they are not used to. This builds confidence in the program which they have right now, and interest which is as high as it has ever been. What good does it do them to play team they know will beat them 48-6, when they can play winnable games early build confidence then carry that into district where anything can happen.

BTW I'll take Dayton 31-14, but LHS will scare either Ned, PNG, or Ozen this season.

Agreed on the polls for college' date=' but LHS can gain expirence winning games something they are not used to. This builds confidence in the program which they have right now, and interest which is as high as it has ever been. What good does it do them to play team they know will beat them 48-6, when they can play winnable games early build confidence then carry that into district where anything can happen.

BTW I'll take Dayton 31-14, but LHS will scare either Ned, PNG, or Ozen this season.[/quote']

The team that beat you 48-6 will give you a lot more experience than a smaller school that you plastered by the same score. I understand the desire to win all games and Lumberton probably needs a mental boost of confidence so it might help them. It sure has the fans fired up.

I have been doing high school bulletin boards and forums for a few years. It never fails that some team will play a weak schedule and go 3-0, 3-1, 2-1 in preseason. Then the fans start in with predictions of a new begining and a long playoff run. They often point out that other so called top teams are not winning before district. Then district starts and they again end up near the bottom of the pack. Often I have seen those same fans then come out bashing their schedule saying that next year they needed to play tougher teams for the experience.

At some point there needs to be a compromise. Maybe one really good team and a couple of decent teams. You have to play good competition at some time to get ready for a tough district schedule.

BUT, that is not a knock against Lumberton. The players had nothing to do with scheduling and they think they are on the right track. They have played good football up to this point. Now is the time to see what develops.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124