Hup's Poll

Having seen the teams Dayton has played over the last few years, as the playoff rounds advance the teams you play have more and more speed.

Purple, have you ever seen Katy play. They aren't very fast either, but they execute to perfection. I'm not calling us Katy BTW, but I'm just giving another side of speed doesn't always equal wins.

Katy is fast.

This year they might have the speed, but I lived in Katy for several years and my wife taught there. While I was there they won several state championships and runner up, and those years they had only a couple of fast kids. Next time, I'll be more specific for you Sgt. Rey.

Your always yelling at me.... :D :D ;D

Hard to get a true read on PNG because I don't think they have played a quality team to date.  The Livingston game will clear the picture, but a game against Vidor or Central will show everyone what PNG has to offer.  The may win out, the may lose 4 district games.  I haven't a clue at this point.

Hard to get a true read on PNG because I don't think they have played a quality team to date.  The Livingston game will clear the picture, but a game against Vidor or Central will show everyone what PNG has to offer.  The may win out, the may lose 4 district games.  I haven't a clue at this point.

They WILL lose 3 and maybe 4.  Absolutely no doubt.  And yes, they have not played a really good team yet.  ;)

They WILL lose 3 and maybe 4.  Absolutely no doubt.   And yes, they have not played a really good team yet.   ;)

So has BH played any really good teams yet?  I know you are going to say Lumberton, but they haven't beaten a "really good" team yet.

They WILL lose 3 and maybe 4.  Absolutely no doubt.   And yes, they have not played a really good team yet.   ;)

So has BH played any really good teams yet?  I know you are going to say Lumberton, but they haven't beaten a "really good" team yet.

Absolutely.  We beat Katy week 2, North Shore week 3, and Friendswood yesterday as a scrimmage........  ;D  OH, and don't forget State Ranked Galena Park...... ;D 

Indians go down tonight...... ;D

PNG didn't exactly impress against a banged up Nederland team.  All in all it was a good win against a bitter rival though.  PNG beats vidor or central and then they will have me convinced.  JMHO.

What was the weakness though?  Your poll specifically mentions PNG has a weakness?  So what is it?  Is it the fact that PNG threw the ball for 270 yds?  Is it the fact that they wore the Ned. Defense down in the 2nd half with hard nose, north and south running by Harmon?  Is it the fact that PNG is now +12 in turnover margin?  

If you are going to make a blanket statement like that, you got to support it with some factual basis.

1/2 half nederland controlled the game that is essentially what I was referring too.

I wasn't at the game and had to rely on what I read about it.

PNG and Ned posters were saying things like:

"Who said a deep playoff team? I just hope we get to the playoffs" PNG fan

"Dogs did outplay PNG. Turnovers hurt. Hopefully the bring the same intensity to the 2nd half.  Defense held Harmon to around 40 yards, including long run"

"IMO they've been wishy washy"  PNG fan

"We must play better all around if we expect to make the playoffs. I believe Faircloth knows that as he said we must play better...I was really disappointed by how undisciplined we played as a team. Must play better from here on out."  PNG fan

"This game could've turned ugly but PNG made several bone head mistakes." PNG fan

"The Indians will have to step it up to make the playoffs, they have the talent."  Ned fan

"If not for turnovers who knows what might happened..

Indians must stop killing ourself with penalties..."   PNG fan

I believe all of those statements to be honest assessments of PNG.  They are a solid team with work to do.  They have played a weak schedule to date and weren't overly impressive against a very short handed Nederland team.  Maybe my opinion is harsh but I will be the first to change it once PNG beats Central or Vidor.

Don't worry about it.  It's just the hup poll.  All the triangle gurus will have you ranked 2nd.

Hup, I'm not worried.  I know this is just your opinions.  It just seems like NO ONE in this area is giving PNG any credit whatsoever.

Which seems to always be the case.  When the Indians win.... people always are quick to jump on the "refs were slanted towards PN-G", or "They have played a weak schedule".  It has happened every year I can remember.  

In 1999, everyone was quick to point out that as good as Long was... he wouldn't be able to carry a weak team deep in to the playoffs. Yet, they made it to the big dance. Even after hard fought wins, people said they didn't deserve to be there, were "Lucky" to be there and would be dismantled by Stephenville. The Indians have always been the team that people love to hate.    

IMO - PN-G needs to continue to execute the plays and improve on the penalties.  Focus on the task of winning a district title and not get drawn in to the hype (or lack thereof).

Well I guess Stephenville and PNG have more in common than I thought....We are definitely the team people love to hate in North Texas.  Heck, I'm sure your head coach even hates us :)....Anyways, PNG has a great coach, even if he is from Brownwood.. ;), and he will keep the program headed in the right direction.  

PNG didn't exactly impress against a banged up Nederland team.  All in all it was a good win against a bitter rival though.  PNG beats vidor or central and then they will have me convinced.  JMHO.

What was the weakness though?  Your poll specifically mentions PNG has a weakness?  So what is it?  Is it the fact that PNG threw the ball for 270 yds?  Is it the fact that they wore the Ned. Defense down in the 2nd half with hard nose, north and south running by Harmon?  Is it the fact that PNG is now +12 in turnover margin?  

If you are going to make a blanket statement like that, you got to support it with some factual basis.

1/2 half nederland controlled the game that is essentially what I was referring too.

"Dogs did outplay PNG. Turnovers hurt. Hopefully the bring the same intensity to the 2nd half.  Defense held Harmon to around 40 yards, including long run"

"We must play better all around if we expect to make the playoffs. I believe Faircloth knows that as he said we must play better...I was really disappointed by how undisciplined we played as a team. Must play better from here on out."  PNG fan

"This game could've turned ugly but PNG made several bone head mistakes." PNG fan

"The Indians will have to step it up to make the playoffs, they have the talent."  Ned fan

I believe all of those statements to be honest assessments of PNG.  They are a solid team with work to do.  They have played a weak schedule to date and weren't overly impressive against a very short handed Nederland team.  Maybe my opinion is harsh but I will be the first to change it once PNG beats Central or Vidor.

Don't worry about it.  It's just the hup poll.  All the triangle gurus will have you ranked 2nd.

Hup, I'm not worried.  I know this is just your opinions.  It just seems like NO ONE in this area is giving PNG any credit whatsoever.

Which seems to always be the case.  When the Indians win.... people always are quick to jump on the "refs were slanted towards PN-G", or "They have played a weak schedule".  It has happened every year I can remember.  

In 1999, everyone was quick to point out that as good as Long was... he wouldn't be able to carry a weak team deep in to the playoffs. Yet, they made it to the big dance. Even after hard fought wins, people said they didn't deserve to be there, were "Lucky" to be there and would be dismantled by Stephenville. The Indians have always been the team that people love to hate.    

IMO - PN-G needs to continue to execute the plays and improve on the penalties.  Focus on the task of winning a district title and not get drawn in to the hype (or lack thereof).

Well I guess Stephenville and PNG have more in common than I thought....We are definitely the team people love to hate in North Texas.  Heck, I'm sure your head coach even hates us :)....Anyways, PNG has a great coach, even if he is from Brownwood.. ;), and he will keep the program headed in the right direction.  

They are always well coached.  It's a quality program, always has been. 

They are always well coached.  It's a quality program, always has been. 

I know that they are a quality program and always well coached....That's why I said he will keep the program headed in the right direction

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124