Buna vs. Hull-Daisetta Final..Comments

HDBobcats9

Buna - 34

HD - 0

Woa, didnt' see this one coming, or didnt' see it being this lopsided of a score. Buna's offensive and defensive line was the difference. They dominated the line of scrimage all night long. HD played without one of their top offensive/defensive lineman tonight, but it really wouldnt' have mattered. Skills positions, I felt like both teams were pretty even as far as QB/RB's/WR's, but the lines were the difference. This was a good 'ole smashmouth butt kickin put on the Bobcats by the Cougars. Buna took the opening drive 68yards down for a score. The ensuing drive for the Bobcats resulted in an interception deep in their own territory that the Cougars were able to capitalize on, making it 14-0 and Buna never looked back. I dont' know the actual time of possesion but it must have favored Buna at least 3-1. HD came out flat and was never able to get their athletes in space to make plays. The nasty slot/wing offense overpowered HD all night and it seemed like every other running play resulted in a back being untouched for the first 10 yards. I didnt' like the fact that HD actually took starters out in the 2nd half to avoid injuries late in the game, and Buna never took out thier starters and were passing the ball when the game was well out of reach. They also had at least 4 or 5 personal foul/unsportmanlike conduct penalites called on them as well, including taunting and late hit penalties and acted like they'd never won a game big before. Overall good job by the Buna Cougars tonight as the Bobcats were out hustled, out coached and flat out played.

Great ball game for the cougars. About the 15 yarders, Hull had a kid ejected for 2(TWO) personal fouls. And as far as the starters still in, well you need to check the roster, because the interior of the defense played 1-2 series in the second half. 451 yards rushing and 38 yards passing, wow thats what i call airing it out late. Buna got in the power eye (A SHORT YARDAGE OFFENSE) and moved down the field. Hull-Daisetta is a darn good football team and will be in the playoffs but tonight the cougars were more physical and in better shape than the bobcats. Good luck the rest of the way bobcats. Your a class act and are well coached.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont