best coaching?

Guest airitout123

Hook and Barbay are proven.  Credeur has done a great job at Lumberton.  Who would think they could be where they are. Alvarez does a great job at Kirbyville.  For the longest they were a small school in a large district yet they continued to compete.  I am glad to see LCM doing so well with the new coach Crouch. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great topic. My personal opinion is that coaching is always overated. Meaning they get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. Hooks, Barbay, and Roy harper of Burkeville are easily the cream of the crop in the wins catagory. But I would bet any amount of money that you could not pay them any amount of money to take an Orangefield, Bridge City, Warren,LCM...etc. type job. Like another poster stated these programs have next level players year in and year out and if you believe that is due to coaching I have some ocean front property in Arizona to talk to you about. Jimmy Johnson was the savior of the Cowboys in the early nineties, went to Miami and what happened, nothing he didn't have the players (I personally love the Cowboys and JJ). Oh well it's still fun to talk about.

best coaching history  :  wos-dan hooks & staff    a +

newton-  curtis barbay    a +

dayton - stewart & staff  a +

nederland- neuman          a-

best coaching past 4 years  : lumberton -creduer & staff   a +

hottest coaches              ; kville    - alvarez & staff       a

& first 3 above- history is truth

honourable mention         stump probably shoul have been in  last 4 years group ,my bad

png coaching staff has good history but want go there

up & coming ,maybe sooner than we think  : new png staff

:lcm  new staff  ???? still out to lunch on this one.

I would hope PAM would have made that list......they have new staff and are showing great potential they are 2-1

This is a great topic. My personal opinion is that coaching is always overrated. Meaning they get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. Hooks, Barbay, and Roy harper of Burkeville are easily the cream of the crop in the wins catagory. But I would bet any amount of money that you could not pay them any amount of money to take an Orangefield, Bridge City, Warren,LCM...etc. type job. Like another poster stated these programs have next level players year in and year out and if you believe that is due to coaching I have some ocean front property in Arizona to talk to you about. Jimmy Johnson was the savior of the Cowboys in the early nineties, went to Miami and what happened, nothing he didn't have the players (I personally love the Cowboys and JJ). Oh well it's still fun to talk about.

Don't agree.  If coaches are overrated at the high school level your wrong.  They have a direct effect on how their teams perform each and every Fri.

Look at Orangefield......I dare you to go up to any parent or student and tell them their new coach isn't worth every penny they are paying him.  He is turning Orangefield around.  The spark he has given is starting to flow through their comunity.  That spark wasn't there last year. He will have them compete in District play this year.  

Look at PNG.....Their new coach has done nothing but good.  If you want to know how you should start a program up look at what he is doing.  He knows it all starts when they turn 8 years old....from the ground - up.  New grade standards.....want more?

A good coach wants a challenge.  It is proof that he is making a difference on the field and off the field.  

Thats my point exactly. We measure "the best coaches" on winning. Is O'field going to win state or go deep in the playoffs? That is how everyone from the outside is going to measure your coach. Did Hooks or Barbay build a program, or did they inherit a program loades with size and speed (mostly speed). I agree with you on your coach and I wish everyone would have your view, everytime the coaching debate appears there are not enough people like you that speak up on what real coaching is about.

Barbay and Hooks both have over 30 years of "inherited" players and success? This is not even worth thinking about. The only thing for sure is their year in and year out success. Football programs are not only ran during the fall season. They are year round. They start at an early age and continue until they are seniors. Knowing the x's and o's counts, but getting kids to put their heart into playing for you counts more. If you cannot get that play from them, all the x's and o's in the world won't help you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124