Evadale 2009 team to beat

[quote name="Hookem17" post="732503" timestamp="1261142402"]
Evadale will be very competative this year mr johnson.  they can play with anyone around here in 3a down. trust me
[/quote]
From 3A down?????  That is a pretty tall statement to make in December.  No doubt Evadale has good players returning and should make plenty of noise in the 1A playoffs and with a playoff experienced coach in the dugout.  I am also quite sure they would not fare well playing the Orangefields, Jaspers, and Bridge Citys "around here".  This is not a shot at the Rebels, just questioning such a bold statement.  We have some pretty salty 3A baseball teams around here, but they also would be hard pressed to take on the top echelon 5A teams.

Guest Orangeboy
[quote name="swampdude" post="732916" timestamp="1261191830"]
[quote author=Hookem17 link=topic=59069.msg732503#msg732503 date=1261142402]
Evadale will be very competative this year mr johnson.  they can play with anyone around here in 3a down. trust me
[/quote]
From 3A down?????  That is a pretty tall statement to make in December.  No doubt Evadale has good players returning and should make plenty of noise in the 1A playoffs and with a playoff experienced coach in the dugout.  I am also quite sure they would not fare well playing the Orangefields, Jaspers, and Bridge Citys "around here".  This is not a shot at the Rebels, just questioning such a bold statement.  We have some pretty salty 3A baseball teams around here, but they also would be hard pressed to take on the top echelon 5A teams.
[/quote]

True. Very True. Good Luck to Coach Bryant and his boys this season.

Guest checkmate
LMAO..I would love to see Evadale play Jasper or Bridge City..can you say 10 run rule in the 1st????? Lord have mercy..I thought the bragging was just in football but I guess it crosses over into baseball as well.

there maybe some exceptions to the 3a and down comment but i dont think in any way there would be a ten run rule involved in the first.  how many 3a teams are there in this area.  alot.  i still stand by my words though.  these boys are going to be pretty salty themselves.  maybe checkmate is right. only time will tell though. i wouldnt bet against them

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="checkmate" post="732960" timestamp="1261195700"]
LMAO..I would love to see Evadale play Jasper or Bridge City..can you say 10 run rule in the 1st????? Lord have mercy..I thought the bragging was just in football but I guess it crosses over into baseball as well.
[/quote]

And Evadale is the only team to brag a little? Or are they just the only team that you call out?  Every school on here brags some about their game.  Evadale is no worse than anyone else at that. 

Besides, didn't you say many times on the football board to "just win one playoff game" and then you can talk.  Well Evadale has more than done that in baseball. 

Now, please follow your own high school team and find something better to do than lurking like some child predator on the Evadale threads.

Guest checkmate
LMAO typical.....yes other schools do brag but anyone who reads these posts will tell you that Evadale is in a class by themselves. The Rebs have a great baseball program from what I hear..I wish them well...but why is it that when someone says something about Evadale they are called names..EX: now I am a child predator....believe me, if you read the other posts on here I criticize many schools...but it seems that only Evadale wants to call names....it does not bother me, in fact it makes me laugh...so I think that I will keep expressing my opinion on things....like these posts are meant for people to do.

What does it take to be called a team to beat?

[b]Is it winning a district championship?[/b] - Well the Rebels have done it two stright years without losing a single game in district play.

[b]Is it playoff experence?[/b] - Well the Rebels made it three rounds to the regional semi's before losing to Maud who was state ranked all of last season.

[b]Is it a veteran roster?[/b] - Well the Rebels lost two seniors off of last years squad a pitcher and an outfielder. The roster also includes last years All State DH in Tyler Tucker.

[b]Is it committed players?[/b] - Most of the team played summer league in Kountze last summer having good seasons and competing against talent that attends larger schools. They held their own and even some have commented earlier in this thread that they played very well.

[b]Is it quality replacements for players lost from last year?[/b] - Well the Rebels have at least 4 pitchers this year that have varsity experience and most of they all pitched in the playoffs last season. Several players will be competing for playing time in the outfield. Again with only two seniors there is not too much to replace, but with the addition of Chase Franklin who transfered to Evadale at the start of the year from Chester (an All District player) with a couple of players who will move up from JV the roster is pretty well set.

[b]Is it game expereince?[/b] - Well in 1A the Rebels have one of the only JV teams in this area so they have been playing 2A and 3A teams to get better and last year they did well against those teams.

[b]Is it coaching?[/b] Well this season Mark Williams steps down to the JV to work on developing talent for the varsity squad (how many other schools in any classification have a coach that has a State Title coaching the JV?) Coach Billy Bryant steps into the 3rd base coaching box after many years of leading a very succesful program at Bridge City with several trip to the State tournament.

[b]Do any of these facts qualify in a discussion for a team to beat?[/b] - Well you might think not, but then again you might agree that there is at least enough evidence to warrant a discussion.

Just for everyones information this years Rebel team will likely have fewer than five seniors and that includes only 3 starters from last years team. So the point could already be dicussed that the Rebels are not only the team to beat in 2010, but in 2011 too! 

Guest checkmate
If they won their district last year and got far into the playoffs then they are the team to beat. Nothing else needs to be said. Good luck. BTW...funny post B Johnson lmao

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="749153" timestamp="1264392507"]
[quote author=Mr. B Johnson link=topic=59069.msg749148#msg749148 date=1264391651]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=59069.msg742753#msg742753 date=1263324892]
Sorry if you are confounded by facts!
[/quote]im confounded that you put so much effort into your posts. lol.
[/quote]

Just making a point!
[/quote]don't worry, your point was clearly made. . . . .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01