Friendswood at Dayton

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First team history on this site is unavailable at this time;I can't speak for Friendswood's history.Dayton in the past 13 yrs.w/Coach Stewart has won the dist.title 9 times w/13 straight playoff years w/ the latter 2 yrs.back to back semi-finalist and 1 state appearance last year.Broncos have seasoned 3 year veterans on defense.Hope this answers part of what your seeking.

Ohhh Franks. That place was dang good. You can still get food there. (if you are a horse or cow), Well FW fans the Branding Iron is dang good but my favorite Dayton food is the "Rooster" at the Cow Palace. (BBQ chicken baked tater)

Where is the Cow Palace, flipper?  Are either of them on the main drag?  (Cow Palace and Branding Iron).  I don't recall seeing either of these when I've gone through Dayton. 

Because you blinked!  ;D

Branding Iron is easy to find. At the intersection of 146 and hwy 90. (walking distance from the stadium) The Cow Palace is on 321. Coming into Dayton from the West you turn left between the Burger King and McD's and its about a mile on the right. Personally I only suggest baked taters at that place. I have never actually tried anything else.

I predict the Horses to win this weekend!

Branding Iron is easy to find. At the intersection of 146 and hwy 90. (walking distance from the stadium) The Cow Palace is on 321. Coming into Dayton from the West you turn left between the Burger King and McD's and its about a mile on the right. Personally I only suggest baked taters at that place. I have never actually tried anything else.

I predict the Horses to win this weekend!

which horses?  ???"the bronx i hope. going to be a knockdown dragout" excitement at bronco stadium.  ;D ;D ::) ::)

Places to eat in Dayton--- When you get to Dayton on 146 --- Right turn will take you to fast food land --- Left on 90 and right turn at RR tracks til you get to Waco & 1960  wil be JOSES mexican resturant {my fav } or you can keep going west on 90 and there will be a BESTWESTERN steak&seafood resturant on the left--  GO BRONCOS---

Since there is a bit of pregame competition, what are the all time records, state and district titles for each team, and records against one another?

Hate to quote myself, but i am curious to have my question considered. Can anyone help with this?

Here is Complete team history .

This is the hidden content, please

Friendswood went to 11 man in 1952. Played in a state title game in 1973, beat Hooks with Billy Sims. Since the Mid 90's have been consistently good, and occasionally great.  Coach Van Meter is one of the great innovators in the Houston area of the Spread Offense.  Figured out that we probably could not toe to toe with La Marque and Texas City, and tried something different. By the way, Van Meter played on the state title team in 1973. He really does have a clue to what he is doing, it just depends on the group of kids he has as to how successfull we are from year to year.

Also, we have beaten Dayton three years in a row. Got a good feeling about this year.

Go Mustangs!!!

And by the way,  'Dude Abides', How do you like crow served? fried or raw on the wing?

I will take some oven roasted if we lose, but you get a heaping platefull if Dayton goes down!

Places to eat in Dayton--- When you get to Dayton on 146 --- Right turn will take you to fast food land --- Left on 90 and right turn at RR tracks til you get to Waco & 1960  wil be JOSES mexican resturant {my fav } or you can keep going west on 90 and there will be a BESTWESTERN steak&seafood resturant on the left--   GO BRONCOS---

Jose's is good but I wouldnt eat there if I lived all the way in FW.. Thats way too far to drive for a bathroom.

Hey fat daddy, I prefer my crow wrapped in bacon and cooked over an open flame with some jalapenos and a can of bronco brew to wash it down.  You do know that a mustang is just a broken bronco right?  It's good to see that you guys are holding on to beating the broncos for three years in a row, i'm sure it helps when you are watching the broncos in the playoffs every year after your season ends. 

No long change for me yet, just the three day weekend, but I'll take it! Labor Day weekend has always been my favorite time of year. The end of a long hot summer and the start of another great Bronco football season. Gotta love it!

You guys don't worry too much about how your gonna eat your crow. The new freshman kicker is gonna come up big this weekend and keep your diets "feather free".  :D

[move]UNLEASH THE HORSEPOWER!!![/move]

Hey guys, just for the record, it is very refreshing to have Friendswood fans join us for some chit chat without all the belligerent hype.  I have really enjoyed reading y'alls posts.  IMO you guys (txcanes, Fat Daddy, etc.) are welcome to join us for the rest of the season.  It would make for very good conversation and insight!  Good luck to both teams!  

AND BY THE WAY.......FRANKS????!!!!! MAN THAT WAS JUST SO WRONG mentioning Franks!  I do miss that CHOCOLATE CREME PIE!!!!

GO BRONCOS!

Hey guys, just for the record, it is very refreshing to have Friendswood fans join us for some chit chat without all the belligerent hype.  I have really enjoyed reading y'alls posts.  IMO you guys (txcanes, Fat Daddy, etc.) are welcome to join us for the rest of the season.  It would make for very good conversation and insight!  Good luck to both teams!  

AND BY THE WAY.......FRANKS????!!!!! MAN THAT WAS JUST SO WRONG mentioning Franks!  I do miss that CHOCOLATE CREME PIE!!!!

GO BRONCOS!

I have enjoyed it also, it is High School Football!! Good luck , no one gets hurt and your team wins, oh well 2 outta three aint bad.

Friendswood played a game like scrimmage against Galveston Ball last night, and it was a huge blowout.  The offense, which has to replace a great QB and 2 great receivers, was humming along like always -- although a bit more balanced than during the JK years.  The defense, which returns 8 starters, was absolutely dominant and lights out!

I was expecting a lot more from Dayton against a pretty miserable Bay City squad.  Given that result, and what I hear about the Broncos scrimmages, I expect a TYPICAL Mustang romp by 20 points or more!

all i can say is this friendswood fan, welcome to bronco stadium, home of the the state finalist '' DAYTON BRONCOS" ::) ::) ::)

Enjoyed your stadium and hospitality. Looking forward to hosting yall next year!

I can imagine what Dayton vs. Friendswood will be like this friday night.  Bronco fans celebrating. Friendswood fans pouting and making excuses as to why they got blasted.  

Good game dude abides. I am stretching out my cramps from practicing the fetal position, wasted my time. Seriously - both teams have good seasons ahead of them, good luck and stay safe. Always fun to play Dayton!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami