will evadale make the playoffs if so how long will evadale last?

Kids and adults need to layoff Chase Franklin. I do not know him personally, but have seen him play. He is a kid. He is in a unique and awkward situation with a dad that coaches in Chester and a mom that teaches elsewhere. Either way, he is a teenager that should be allowed to play without being ostracized on some website. He has played hard and will help any team. That said, Chester is a team with talent and should go play hard and him being gone should not break there season. Sturrock, Neal, Barnes(if he can play past his injury), Hubert, Johnson and others are good enough to keep them in the hunt if they play well.

On the question, Evadale will make the playoffs. They are good and their district is not very good. They are realistically very talented 1A team.     

Good luck to both teams. Remember, love the game for the game and don't play to spite others, but to enjoy the game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="Jbdfan" post="748784" timestamp="1264308197"]
Kids and adults need to layoff Chase Franklin. I do not know him personally, but have seen him play. He is a kid. He is in a unique and awkward situation with a dad that coaches in Chester and a mom that teaches elsewhere. Either way, he is a teenager that should be allowed to play without being ostracized on some website. He has played hard and will help any team. That said, Chester is a team with talent and should go play hard and him being gone should not break there season. Sturrock, Neal, Barnes(if he can play past his injury), Hubert, Johnson and others are good enough to keep them in the hunt if they play well.

On the question, Evadale will make the playoffs. They are good and their district is not very good. They are realistically very talented 1A team.       

Good luck to both teams. Remember, love the game for the game and don't play to spite others, but to enjoy the game.
[/quote]

Barnes is playing pretty well despite his injury. Literally batting .1000, 6 for 6 with 7 rbis....in one game. :-)

Evadel will have a great team this year, but unfortunately they will have some problems on the mound. They dont have any dominating pitchers and the ones they have will not be enough. For a deep playoff run. This team will win some games but i promise you it won't be because the pitching. Evadel has some sticks, i look for the potts kid to lead off, leaving one of the more dominating catchers in the district to be in the number 2 spot, with tucker batting third, batting clean up probably the new move in the franklin kid. Next would probably be anthony. They have five solid sticks in there line up. i know the rest of the line up has a hard time hitting. The nichols kid will lead the team with the help of tucker and franklin. good luck guys    ;)

Yall are making this kid out to be like some kind of superstar, i just find it odd that i have not heard of him till now..... i think chase and his mom and dad need to lay off the internet for a while... o and his dads coaching buddies. Yall are giving this kid shoes he can't feel... i have seen the kid play and he is a good ball player but he is no where near the level yall make him out to be... the only potential college players on that team (and when i say college i mean juco) are Tyler Tucker, and Billy Nichols. Good luck to all have a good baseball season!!!

Guest Dwight
Im tired of people even bringin my name up on here. And dude i can assure u that my parents never get on here and post anything, cuz theyve always griped at me for even lookin at it. BTW nobody has said anything to make me out to be a superstar. I wanna know what ur reading.

[quote name="strosfan" post="769608" timestamp="1267552455"]
Yall are making this kid out to be like some kind of superstar, i just find it odd that i have not heard of him till now..... i think chase and his mom and dad need to lay off the internet for a while... o and his dads coaching buddies. Yall are giving this kid shoes he can't feel... i have seen the kid play and he is a good ball player but he is no where near the level yall make him out to be... the only potential college players on that team (and when i say college i mean juco) are Tyler Tucker, and Billy Nichols. Good luck to all have a good baseball season!!!
[/quote]

This is the reason America is going down the drain. You talk about the kid, his parents and their friends; sounds like you are jealous your name or your kids name is not on here. Just one question because you say that he does not have the talent to play college baseball, what do you do for a living or are you a high school kid? I believe you are a highschooler, if not you need to stop worrying about little kids. Although you're typing reveals your age and education. I said the kid has talent and have been involved in the game for 20+ years. I have seen talent and what scouts look for and he has it. You may say he doesn't; you never played college baseball then. When you have a valid opinion and not one based upon what you dream up in your head come talk to me. I love the game of baseball and love the kids. I give credit to where credit is due and you need to as well.

I stopped in at practice today in Evadale. Just like in football the Rebels have numbers! 16 on varsity and 12 on the JV. Not sure if any one was missing today or not.

DuBose was on the mound early in practice and his velosity looks good. When you put both squads together during fielding practice they are three deep at every position including catcher. It will be interesting to get things started on Thursday with the tournament. I believe that the team will be ahead of where you might think they would be considering having to wait for the start of practice due to the basketball playoffs.

Hope folks are ready for the Green Monster in left to left center. It should make for some interesting plays off of it during games.

Look i did not mean to offend anyone  ;D, but that is my opinion mr. baseball so dont get jumpy. this is a blog i said nothing bad about this kid. i stated he was good. I do have a ? if you are such a jam up know it all about baseball where do you coach. lol Are better yet where did you play college ball mr. baseball :o

[quote name="strosfan" post="769608" timestamp="1267552455"]
[/quote]

Read your post, you have not heard of him till now but have seen him play???? You do what I call belittle someone little by little which is talking him down not saying anything bad and I apologize. People ask a question and a lot of them have gave them an opinion and we see yours makes no sense. That is the reason I stuck up for him because to never hear of someone and see them play is an amazing feat, only way that is possible is if you are deaf. Now you want to know where I coach and played ball, not going to happen because I will not allow you to attack my kids. Who said I was a coach though lol? You answer my question with a question, just stick to school and if you play baseball good luck to your team.

Yeah he is hitting the ball well early this season. He is a special kid with a great work ethic. BIGMO where have you been, I have not seen you on the board lately. Evadale has looked well seasoned real early, if they continue to get better they have a good shot at making a run.

Yeah, I've been out of the line up for a while...You're correct about the Rebs looking good early.  I want to be careful concerning counting unhatched chickens and all that, but this team looks special.  I'd say they look better with only 3 games under their belt than they did at the end of the season last year.  We'll see, Just Saying...

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats to strosfan for being idiot of the year. You make no sense at all and all you do is talk trash about people. One question for you do you just wish you were good at baseball? How jealous of other kids are you? Who is your kid and how horribble is he that you talk trash about others? Hey strosfan, I tell you this much if he continues to improve he will play D1 baseball. You can say no but trust me I have been there you haven't. We were talking about the kid as a hitter now you talk about him as a pitcher. Ok everyone has a rough outtinng but he also has not pitched a whole lot. Give it time, next year at the end of the season talk to me.

Guest Big-D
No doubt evadale has a good team. It is just lik football if you want to be the best you gotta play the best. and teams lik hardin and anahuac arent gonna do it. yeah they had a awesome 11 run last inning to win the game against cleveland. but come on a team that can blow a lead lik that. really? i am not takin anything away from evadale they are a good team. but the only way to play at your best is to play teams better than you.

Oh really mr. baseball where did you play? Just for the record i wouldnt put my months salary on having more scholarship offers when i was in high school. Years ago.... I never said he was a bad baseball player or that he wouldnt progress to be a d1 player , but right now he is not... period ... he is only a junior and has alot of room for improvement... but thanks for showing us all that your a kid. Its funny how you can take someone opinion and call them an idiot for it... grow up... gametime 23 Ive coached the game and i have played it... pick your arguements this one , you have no chance winning.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami