A lil something for the nay-sayers

UNLV

Joe Aillet Stadium Facts

Capacity: 30,600

Largest Crowd: 28,714, Tech defeated UL-Monroe 17-16 on Sept. 13, 1997

All-Time Record: 109-42-2

Playing Surface: Natural Grass

Lighting: Eight banks of lights with 1,500-watt metal halite bulbs in the middle and incandescent bulbs on the outside of each set suspended on poles 150 feet above the field's surface.

Scoreboards: Two modern computerized scoreboards complete with message centers located in both the north and south end zones.

Press Box: A three-level structure with 67 seats on two seating platforms for the print media on the lower level, and eight radio/scouting booths and camera deck on the second level. Facility includes concessions service and lavatories. Levels one and two are served by a private elevator.

Skybox: Located on the third level of the press box, it features plush theater-type seating for more than 200 fans. Fully air-conditioned and heated, it is accessible by private elevator. Has two kitchen areas and lavatories. Guests are provided parking downstairs and are served a delicious catered meal.

And a few teams that played in Ruston

UAB

Colorado st

Boise st

Hawaii

UNLV

SMU

UTEP

Utah st

Southern miss.

Fresno st

UCF

If La-tech can get those schools in Ruston, a I-A LU can get those and more into Beaumont. ofcourse with a new stadium or huge upgrade to cardinal stadium.

toss out the teams that are conference games they HAVE to go to Ruston, that would be

UAB

Colorado st

Boise st --- conference

Hawaii ---- conference

UNLV

SMU

UTEP

Utah st --- conference

Southern miss.

Fresno st ---- conference

UCF

the 2 best football schools on that list would be SoMiss and Colo St, SoMiss is famous for their Anywhere, Anytime, Anyplace motto used to be stenciled on the field there. And youre still talking about a stadium that SEATS 30,000..Cardinal Stadium seats 17,000

Not only do you ignore facts, you want to toss out facts. Playing I-A ball means playing in a conference with I-A teams. So no, you can't toss out those teams.

You ignore the facts that early Central/West Brook games averaged over 20,000 at Cardinal stadium.

You ignore the fact that 30,000 was at LU/Baylor game.

You ignore the call by everyone that a new stadium is needed for I-A.

Have you ever attended a LU football game?

the posts I had made about the subject referred to what teams LU could bring in as non conference opponents, I dont think even with football LU would get an invite to join the WAC. So my concern as far as crowd support then has to turn to who they can bring in here to sell tickets for.

I didnt ignore 30,000 at the Baylor game I said I wanted proof in the form of a box score or something from that game because I cant imagine putting 13,000 on the hills when the stadium itself only seats 17,000.

I didnt ignore the new stadium issue I said they need to build it next to Vincent Beck put it right there on the highway. A new stadium is needed ... badly... regardless if they play I-A or I-AA.

Yes I attended every LU football game from 85- until the programmed was dropped, since I was working sports with KLVI at the time so I was in the booth running stats for Hofferth and Caldwell.

Can't you get the stat from klvi? Remember, the Montagne wasn't there when LU played Baylor. Both hills were used.

If La-tech got the invite, why not LU?

WAC has 9 teams. 2 might leave in 3 years. LA-tech might leave the WAC too. WAC will need to create an east division around LA-tech, or La-tech leave and WAC find regional school. WAC has troubles. CUSA will lose 4 schools in the future;Memphis, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall. CUSA will fold or go after Sunbelt schools. Sunbelt will fold or go after Southland schools. Southland will go after Delta st, Tar, Pan-am, Cen.

Will the public support LU playing Delta st or Tarlinton?

LU chance will come to jump into a Conference on current WAC level. LU needs to be ready.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124