Little League Playing UP

Just wanted to get some thoughts on Kids playing up (baseball) with older kids.

My son will be 8 next spring and I'm considering letting him play up with the 9 and 10yr olds. I have heard pros and cons and wanted to get some more input.  :-\ Thanks

Guest Ranger83

I think it's and individual preference. We felt our son would not benefit by playing in the "minors" when he was 9. He played in the "Majors" for 4 years and we feel it made him a better player. It all depends on the level of competition of your league. If the kid can play. let him play.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on Kids playing up (baseball) with older kids.

My son will be 8 next spring and I'm considering letting him play up with the 9 and 10yr olds. I have heard pros and cons and wanted to get some more input.  :-\ Thanks

Let him play up, we'll take care of him ;) I went through that dilemma this past year, but I didn't know about the 10 year old pitching. It's kind of a big difference, but I think your son will adjust. The positive side is the 10's will be more accurate with pitching than the 8's are, and I think he would get some better strikes to hit, instead of four balls and the coach coming out to throw three pitches. I hate that about our league.

That's kinda how i look @ it Scalp'em. The kids figure out real quick that if they get 4 balls the coach comes out instead of looking for a good pitch. My son isn't an elite player but I do think the older kids and the competitiveness of the next league will make him better. I'm not gonna lie I do worry about him getting hit by a pitch and never wanting to step back in the box. I've seen him become a much better player playing with kids on his select team that are really good ball players. He is going to play Rookie this Fall and hopefully he will be ready for Texas next spring. Maybe he will grow some by then as well. Thanks for your input.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami