**Most O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D team in SETX**

PNG1992

OK since I created the thread Ill throw the first one out....

No disrespect but :shock: Nederland :shock:

I know I know I know that they are a very good football team so dont come with me with all the venom, but heres my reasons...

Sure they played an excellent game vs a good LaMarque squad, but take away the Mosley runs in the 1st half and the had four 1st downs. They didnt move the ball at all. I know LaMarque is tough, but 4 1st downs?? Then they play a team in Forrest Brook who just hired their coach a few months ago, and were really overmatched. The Dogs put a beating on them that was to be expected at home and everyone is on the wagon. Nederland is a good team that most likely will make the playoffs, but after the Forrest Brook game everyone thinks they are better than they are...overrated... They are an injury away from having some problems. We may see a better test for them Friday Night @ Waller (but I know really nothing about Waller). We will see if they prove me wrong by the time district is up......

I know I know I know that they are a very good football team so dont come with me with all the venom' date=' but heres my reasons...

Sure they played an excellent game vs a good LaMarque squad, but take away the Mosley runs in the 1st half and the had four 1st downs. They didnt move the ball at all. I know LaMarque is tough, but 4 1st downs?? Then they play a team in Forrest Brook who just hired their coach a few months ago, and were really overmatched. The Dogs put a beating on them that was to be expected at home and everyone is on the wagon. Nederland is a good team that most likely will make the playoffs, but after the Forrest Brook game everyone thinks they are better than they are...overrated... They are an injury away from having some problems. We may see a better test for them Friday Night @ Waller (but I know really nothing about Waller). We will see if they prove me wrong by the time district is up......[/color']

I can't imagine a PNG fan not giving Nederland their due respect :lol:

This should make for a good game again this year. I have a feeling that PNG will need to beat Nederland to have a shot at a playoff spot.

I know I know I know that they are a very good football team so dont come with me with all the venom' date=' but heres my reasons...

............ [b']Nederland is a good team that most likely will make the playoffs, but after the Forrest Brook game everyone thinks they are better than they are...overrated...

Quite the opposite of venom, I think it is funny. You started a forum so that you could let everyone know your thoughts on Nederland. No big deal on that but you wanted someone else to start the ball rolling. Seven posts into the thread and no one has come up with any teams, especially the one you wanted to start the thread about. So now you are stuck with doing it yourself.

My curiosity is just where is Nederland overrated. Before the season most people (probably around 98%) have said that Central would win the district and Nederland probably be in the playoffs as either the second or third place team. Going three weeks into the season, I see exactly the same responses. Central is still predicted by almost everyone to win the district with Nederland having a good shot at the playoffs, either second or third place. Nothing has changed. Your own post says "Nederland is a good team that most likely will make the playoffs".

You mention that after the Forest Brook game, people think Nederland is better than they are. Figure this, here are some of the predictions on the FB game in this forum:

41-12, 42-14, 51-0, 42-14, 42-7, 42-10, 42-0, 35-7.

Yep, I can see where Nederland did much better against FB than expect. :) Obviously that is being sarcastic since those pre-game predicitons looked right on target.

So if Nederland before the season was predicted to be in the playoffs, after two games the predictions remain the same, they played against FB about as expected and your own post says that they are a good team and will likely be in the playoffs, where is the overrating?

take a deep breath and count to 10 tvc.... :shock:

ok :D

If I wanted to just state my opinion on the Dogs I would have started a thread on them and done it. I dont need someone else to "start it for me". I am a big boy who doesnt need his hand held to state his opinion. This was just a topic starter. They have an underrated topic started on here, now we have an overrated one. Based on your long passionate response I see why now noone wanted to reply. The fact remains the Dogs are an average team with a superstar player that makes them look better than they are,,,hince the word overrated. If Mosley was to miss any significant time do you think they would be rated as high as they are? The offense defense and special teams would all suffer. Thats the reason I stated they are overrated. Not a disrepectful thing its just the truth.

The big test this weekend is for Big Ned in Waller. I didn't expect them to hang with Lamarque, and aside form a few busted plays (which is all you need I'll grant you that) they didn't. Lamarque ran almost twice as many plays as Big Ned, and ran out the final 9:13 of the game. Sounds like there is still a gap between the two programs. I'll still take Nederland to win district. Ozen showed me nothing against them so I'm still waiting on Ozen to step up.

1 more thing...i think as of right now we are overrated as well. If we cannot get better play from either of our QB's we will have a hard time beating most anyone in our district. Our offense is so predictable its scary. I think (& hope) it will get better, but as of what I saw last Friday it has to improve. Yet we are still the favorites in alot of peoples books to win tonight, and challenge for a playoff spot in district.

There as I said before its just a topic starter, give me a 3 page ad defending the NDNS now... :lol:

Wouldn't it have been better to just start a thread that stated... "Nederland is overrated... Who Agrees?" You didn't disguise your intent too well 92 when you didn't get any takers and then had to give your spill. Just put it out there and let the board do with it what they will.

Wouldn't it have been better to just start a thread that stated... "Nederland is overrated... Who Agrees?" You didn't disguise your intent too well 92 when you didn't get any takers and then had to give your spill. Just put it out there and let the board do with it what they will.

maybe you didnt read my reply...that wasnt the intent. But Im glad you psychics know what I am feeling inside...lol :roll:

In my opinion the most overrated team in SeTexas is Lumberton. To hear this much blah blah blah from a team that has never shown anything is disgusting.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?:

GOT ANOTHER NEWBY THAT IS READING ALL THE GARBAGE BEING SAID BETWEEN THE PROS AND CONS OF THIS SUBJECT!!!!!!!

PLEASE TELL US ALL HOW TALKING ABOUT ONE TEAM MAKES THEM OVERRATED!!!!!!!

DO BELIEVE YOU MISSED THE POINT OF THIS TOPIC!!!!

Overrated team .....I would have to say is Ozen. They are not performing nearly up to the caliber expected of them. I know that they played 2 tough 5-A teams....but this is supposed to be the most TALENTED team in Beaumont. For a team that was supposed to challenge for the district title they are off to a bad start...maybe they can turn it around, but right now it looks like they were overrated coming into the season.

.............The fact remains the Dogs are an average team with a superstar player that makes them look better than they are' date=',,hince the word overrated. If Mosley was to miss any significant time do you think they would be rated as high as they are?[/quote']

No, they wouldn't be the same team without Mosley.

I wonder how PN-G would have done in 1999 had they not had Dustin Long. Would they have been in the state final? I am also wondering how WO-S would be this year without Earl Thomas or how Waller would be this Friday without Cody Johnson.

It is true that Mosely carries quite a load for Nederland. Before him Ryan Butler carried it for a couple of years, before him was Sean Yoder winning the Smith Award for best offensive player, before him was Eric Cammack and before him........

Most high school teams that have a good season have a player or two that stand out in the stats and tend to carry the team. They might have a good team around them but there are obviously players that would severly damage a team's potential if they could not play. I don't see this year as being any different. If Mosely gets hurt, it will sure slow the team. Just as the '99 Indians would have been without Dustin Long, just as last year's WO-S team needed Deon Beasley, etc.

If that is your standard for overrated, then Nederland is overrated. I would bet quite a few other teams (if not most) are in the same position.

In my opinion the most overrated team in SeTexas is Lumberton. To hear this much blah blah blah from a team that has never shown anything is disgusting.

But who is doing the overrating? I haven't seen anything that rates Lumberton as anything other than a bottom of the pack team. Not in the statewide predictions, not in the coaches polls, not in fan polls, etc. Their fans are excited but so are the fans from all the teams. Most people think Central is going to win 22-4A and that is not just Jag fans but fans across the district. If they do not have a good season, they will have been overrated.

I don't see anyone jumping on the Lumberton bandwagon other than their own fans and I suspect that most of them on this board are parents of players or the players themselves. When a team's own fans think they will do well, in my opinion that is not being overrated. That is being good fans.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami