Newton Coach W.T. Johnson Headed To Kirbyville

Guest EagleFan01

W.T. has been shopping around for a while. He put his name in at Jasper and withdrew. He has also talked to other coaches in the area looking for an assistant job. He must want to leave Newton for whatever reason. Only he probably knows for sure, but moving from a coordinator to an assistant is not even a lateral move, it could only be viewed as a step backward career wise. Must have plenty reason to make that kind of move.

I doubt that seriously. Kville has beat Newton 1 time in 20 years I don't think that is why he went there.

If you ask me there is more to this story than being told!

ya how many times has newton played kville in the last 20 years

Isn't that like asking if the Pope is Catholic?

W.T. has been shopping around for a while. He put his name in at Jasper and withdrew. He has also talked to other coaches in the area looking for an assistant job. He must want to leave Newton for whatever reason. Only he probably knows for sure, but moving from a coordinator to an assistant is not even a lateral move, it could only be viewed as a step backward career wise. Must have plenty reason to make that kind of move.

I am sure that his title is more than assistant(part of the fine print in the contract)....I'd be willing to bet that he is working hand in hand with Vanya as DC....just my .02

I doubt that seriously. Kville has beat Newton 1 time in 20 years I don't think that is why he went there.

If you ask me there is more to this story than being told!

ya how many times has newton played kville in the last 20 years

how about this can newton beat kirbyville next year doubt it aint that right lefty 99

Isn't that like asking if the Pope is Catholic?

You won't get an arguement from me on that, but don't sleep on them this year.  Kirbyville will still be tough as nails.  They are returning alot on defense along with 2 very good RB's.  Though, as long as Newton stays healthy they will be tough.

But there defense wasn't that good last year either... And what they did lose is gonna hurt them pretty bad...

Though they may not have won the title, their defense was good enough to make it there and that is something worth noting.  Walters, Jackson, and Hughey are big shoes to fill, but the majority of them were sophs and Jrs.  They have bigger shoes to fill on offense.  That is where they will have to make something happen even though they return 2 very good backs as I stated in an earlier post.  Just don't expect then to be a slouch of a team.  They have alot of experience.

• 2 weeks later...

But there defense wasn't that good last year either... And what they did lose is gonna hurt them pretty bad...

Though they may not have won the title, their defense was good enough to make it there and that is something worth noting.  Walters, Jackson, and Hughey are big shoes to fill, but the majority of them were sophs and Jrs.  They have bigger shoes to fill on offense.  That is where they will have to make something happen even though they return 2 very good backs as I stated in an earlier post.  Just don't expect then to be a slouch of a team.  They have alot of experience.

our defense should be strong this year wasnt that your defensive coordinator that came to Kirbyville

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23