*Evadale vs. Douglass Series Updates..Evadale Advances!!*

Dustin Potts pitched the first game.He also started and pitched the 2nd game all the way up till the 6th inning and Garrett Landis closed it out

WOW did a 15 year old kid really pitch back to back games?  Were the games Friday then Sat.?  That is unbelievable.  Someone must be crazy!!!!

He's 16 and yes he pitched back to back games.... Great job Rebels!!!!!!!!!

16??  Oh well that changes everything.  Maybe they won't need him when he is a SR.

Guest beat-em_deep

He didn't throw that many pitches the first game as the Rebels 10 run ruled them in 5! It does not matter that he pitched back to back games. Its all about the number of pitches thrown and how his arm felt and apparently he felt pretty dang good.

He didn't throw that many pitches the first game as the Rebels 10 run ruled them in 5! It does not matter that he pitched back to back games. Its all about the number of pitches thrown and how his arm felt and apparently he felt pretty dang good.

You are right, number of pitches is the thing.  It will be interesting to see how many he throws this weekend against Maud. 

You are right, number of pitches is the thing.  It will be interesting to see how many he throws this weekend against Maud. 

One thing you can hang your hat on...Coach Will knows his pitchers!!  Being an X pitcher himself, he watches them closely and he's very careful with his guys on the mound and I kid you not, I believe he would loose the State Championship game rather than injure any of his kids!!  JMO

I have known Coach Will for a long time and coached with him for several years.  I can assure you that he would NEVER do anything to jeopardize a players health.  He was without a doubt keeping a close eye on the young man to make sure he was ok.  Good Luck Rebs from Buna land!!!

OK Just for sake of arguement.  Lets say he pitched 5 innings 15 pitches per inning, which is way low,  thats 75 pitches.  Then he came back in game 2 and threw in to the 6th.  75 or more, probably more, thats 150 min. in two/three days.  Pros throw 100 to 130 and wait 3 to 4 days.  All I am saying is, this kid is 16.  All the watching in the world won't help if he can't pitch when he is a SR.  But what do I know?

I'm sure coach knows his kids, but come on, he wants to win as badly as anybody.

Pitchers typically dont start games but every 4 days or so, however, they do work between starts.  It is not uncommon for a pitcher to throw a couple of bullpen sessions between starts just to keep sharp.  I feel it is alot worse on a pitcher to start on one day and then start another game a couple days later than it is to pitch in a double header where you can stay loose during the 30 minute delay.  I think this happens more than you think with smaller schools, but what do I know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124