bowfishing pine island bayou??

ok i have been trying to get started bow fishin ....and i have a boat with lights and the whole 9 yards but i live in pinewood off hwy 105 ...and the pine island bayou runs through it ...am i allowed to use my boat and bow fish in it????

I think that you are okay as long as it is not game fish (Bass for example) or unless that law pending in the legislature passes about limiting bowfishing to one gar per day. I forgot what the outcome of that proposal was.

ok i have been trying to get started bow fishin ....and i have a boat with lights and the whole 9 yards but i live in pinewood off hwy 105 ...and the pine island bayou runs through it ...am i allowed to use my boat and bow fish in it????

I think that you are okay as long as it is not game fish (Bass for example) or unless that law pending in the legislature passes about limiting bowfishing to one gar per day. I forgot what the outcome of that proposal was.

I've fished pine island a few times, but never seen any gar.......of course was not looking for them either. You may want to research where the best place for that is. Pine Island might be it, just never seen any.

i have seen huge gar in there  6 and 7 feet!!!!! and tons of 3 and 4 footers and the one gar a day wont start til september 1st 09....i was just wondering about the big thicket regulations???? to useing bows or boat??

I don't think a boat is illegal since it is open waterways but I looked up the Big Thicket NP website. This is their frequently asked questions page. It says there is no charge for hunting or fishing in the preserve so I am assuming that if you comply with state laws, you are okay.

This is the hidden content, please

This is from that website.

Q – What’s the charge for entering the preserve, hiking a trail, or going backcountry camping?

A – There is no charge for any activity in the preserve, including hunting and fishing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476