USFA TEAMS Rule Clarification

I noticed Sat. and Sun. umpires were telling the coaches that EP's had to be listed at the bottom ot the

line up sheet.

That is not the rule.

Why would it be.  EP's are like DP's.  A coach may have a good hitter, but poor fielder and want her to hit in the 4th position.  NO PROBLEM.

One of the EP's may be a good bunter and fast, and coach want her in the lead-off position.  NO PROBLEM.

Next USFA tournament your in and umpires tell you EP's have to be listed last and unless it was made

a tournament rule in the paper coaches receive prior to the tournaments, Protest it, have the UIC

called in. 

EP's are used to add more players to the playing roster.  Most teams have 14-15 girls, and some can

hit but not field, run, bunt, but not field or hit for the long ball, so coaches should be allowed to place

them anywhere in the line, and by rule, they can.  Nowhere in the USFA rule 'pamplet" does it state

DP's must be listed last.

A DEFO may also be utilized.  She only plays defensive.

Hope this helps in the future.

I noticed Sat. and Sun. umpires were telling the coaches that EP's had to be listed at the bottom ot the

line up sheet.

That is not the rule.

Why would it be.  EP's are like DP's.  A coach may have a good hitter, but poor fielder and want her to hit in the 4th position.  NO PROBLEM.

One of the EP's may be a good bunter and fast, and coach want her in the lead-off position.  NO PROBLEM.

Next USFA tournament your in and umpires tell you EP's have to be listed last and unless it was made

a tournament rule in the paper coaches receive prior to the tournaments, Protest it, have the UIC

called in. 

EP's are used to add more players to the playing roster.  Most teams have 14-15 girls, and some can

hit but not field, run, bunt, but not field or hit for the long ball, so coaches should be allowed to place

them anywhere in the line, and by rule, they can.  Nowhere in the USFA rule 'pamplet" does it state

DP's must be listed last.

A DEFO may also be utilized.  She only plays defensive.

Hope this helps in the future.

When we played in Conroe last weekend some of the umpires let us put them anywhere and some made us put them last.  I thought they could be anywhere so I would just list the last batter as EP and still put her in the field.  No one ever said anything!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124