Spendora @ Huffman Tuesday..4-1 Huffman Wins!!!

Guest etbu

Guest Gotcha

I am not for sure how many we had because I have not kept count of Huffman.  I just know of what we had when my boy was there.  I do agree more kids need to come out for sports, but besides that I have no clue what you are talking about. 

Someone is getting a little worked up on what is put on the internet. :'(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I can see things have calmed down a little bit.  # 13 I agree, with a lot of searching a jv team could be filled.  After all, I hear there are two little league softball teams right now, how come those girls didn't try out for the team?  Just to throw this out there since another numbers discussion has come up (Gotcha and etbu), when I played little league in Huffman over 10 years ago, there were at least 4 to 5 teams, so apparently the high school is not the only program hurting for numbers.

First off, congrats to the girls from Huffman. Absolutely awesome to fight and come out on top that way. Amazing group of girls. Credit to them first and foremost. Congrats to the hardworking staff as well.

There is no doubt a shortage of athletes in Huffman, which can be attributed to several things. How about kids would rather go home and play on the internet and myspace? Could that be realistic considering there are grown adults here tonight who have obviously spent their own day worrying about this topic and constantly reposting? Definitely not the main reason, but a factor. For one there is not enough support here and that comes from fans, parents, and whoever you want to name. Fact is, Huffman athletics right now is succeeding more on a consistent basis (in nearly every single sport) than it ever has for an extended amount of time. This all despite the small numbers and whatever excuses there are out there.

Back to numbers though. To claim you were very good at numbers and then throw out a number like 160 in a football program here is absurd. Huffman has never had anywhere near 50 on a team. Go grab an old program or yearbook. Under McDougald, 2002- 32 varsity, 32 JV, and 29 Freshmen. 2003- 32 Varsity, 21 JV, and 30 freshmen. Don't know what kind of math that is, but neither come quite close to 160. And to go from 93 to 83 to gone, would be sad to consider a high point in program-building. Needless to say that these numbers even include the kids that take the picture with the jersey on and then you never see them again, besides when the picture orders come in!

Some people in this town act like the programs are in a state of disarray and that's unfair to everyone involved, including the kids. Fact is, success comes from hard work from the kids, the parents, and the coaches. All three need each other to build a great program and that isn't how it is working here right now. Far too much bickering and placing blame. If you argue with that then you are probably in the wrong place and odds are you're never going to find a place up to par.

You've got a 19-3 team (maybe better, not for sure) and that's of course not good enough to some. Sit back with support and see what happens. I promise you Coach D is a better coach because of the girls and they are better players because of her.

Good luck ladies and keep it up!

Guest 11/13Dad

First off, congrats to the girls from Huffman. Absolutely awesome to fight and come out on top that way. Amazing group of girls. Credit to them first and foremost. Congrats to the hardworking staff as well.

There is no doubt a shortage of athletes in Huffman, which can be attributed to several things. How about kids would rather go home and play on the internet and myspace? Could that be realistic considering there are grown adults here tonight who have obviously spent their own day worrying about this topic and constantly reposting?

Thank you Dwight, but during softball season that is what happens here.  We talk about softball and the different teams we respresent.  Pros and cons of ALL teams.  I spent today watching two college games and then came back here to catch up on THE teams news of the day.  We are more informed because of this board.  thank you for joining.  Welcome to the board, glad you could join us and we hope you share some more of your brilliant insight.  If you don't want to be part of the problem, be a part of the solution.  You still need a JV team in Huffman and hope you get it.  Your Varsity team is AWESOME.  Discussion of the subject does not hurt the program. 

Rob

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder