High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Open Invitational

To all High School Basketball Guys & Gals:  Nederland HS is hosting the 1st Annual HS Slam Dunk & 3-point Invitational.  Free Admission & Free Registration to all competitors.  The Invitational is open to all area High School Basketball Players (Fresh, JV & Varsity).  There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for Slam Dunk, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for Guys 3-Point and 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for Gals 3-Point Competitions.  Wear your B-Ball uniform or school colors and arrive at the Nederland Dome Gym for early registration at 4:30 pm on Thursday, April 23, 2009.  Competition begins at 5:00 pm.  DON'T JUST TALK ABOUT HOW "BAD" YOU ARE...PROVE IT...COMPETE FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!  Admission is $4 Adults / $3 Students / Ages 4 & Under Free.  Need more info, call Kurt Gillespie 409-626-4832 or Gina Desmarais 409-656-9050 (proceeds to benefit Project Celebration)

[/flash.]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NHS Dome Gym      Thursday, April 23, 2009     Registration starts at 4:30 pm, competition begins at 5:00 pm

Check all that apply:   ____Slam Dunk   ___Guys 3-Point   ____Ladies 3-Point

Student Name:_____________________________   School:_______________________

Address:________________________________________________________________

Home phone:_______________________   Cell number:_________________________

For participants under 18 years of age:

In case of an emergency, I give permission for my child to receive medical treatment.

Parent/Guardian Signature:_____________________________ Date:_______________

Printed Name:____________________________   Phone Number:_________________

To Pre-Register- fax application to 409-983-5906 or contact Kurt Gillespie 409-626-4832 or Gina Desmarais 409-656-9050

i think this is a great idea

There is a full list of activities for the night.  I understand for the first time, there will be a basketball king and queen.  I am not sure how that will be selected but a suggestion would be to put canisters out with each senior players picture on them and have people pay a dollar a vote in the canister.  The male canister and female canister with the most funds at the end of the night is your king and queen.  Would be a great fund raiser and not turn it into an ego thing!  In the end all seniors benefit.  This is gonna be a fun night.

The slam dunk and 3-pt competition is open to any high school basketball player, girls & guys, Freshman thru Seniors (there will be trophies for 1st, 2nd, & 3th in Slam Dunk, Guys 3-Pt and Girls 3-Pt)  We also ask that you were your school colors or jersey to represent your team.  We have contestants signing up from West Orange to Ozen, Hardin-Jefferson to Silsbee.  There are alot of great players out there who like to think they are the best, so I can't think of a better challenge to prove yourself than this and its free to all participants.  Just print the bottom of this posting and fax it in for early registration.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NHS Dome Gym      Thursday, April 23, 2009    Registration starts at 4:30 pm, competition begins at 5:00 pm

Check all that apply: ____Slam Dunk ___Guys 3-Point ____Ladies 3-Point

Student Name:_____________________________ School:_______________________

Address:________________________________________________________________

Home phone:_______________________ Cell number:_________________________

For participants under 18 years of age:

In case of an emergency, I give permission for my child to receive medical treatment.

Parent/Guardian Signature:_____________________________ Date:_______________

Printed Name:____________________________ Phone Number:_________________

To Pre-Register- fax application to 409-983-5906 or contact Kurt Gillespie 409-626-4832 or Gina Desmarais 409-656-9050

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
  • Topics