Pinto Homeruns???

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If playing on yalls little field I think the number is unlimited. On a regular size field I think we had a kid that hit 10 or 12 last year but that is not the norm in Orange. I would guess the leader in Orange on a "normal" year would be 5 or less.

You saying our field is little??? :D :D :D

I know it is!!!!!!  What are the fields in Orange, Vidor, Groves and PA.  I believe that it says at TC 150 down the lines and 170 to center with a 10 foot fence.  However I do not think that it is that far either.

The reason I asked is my son who is in his first year in Coach Pitch hit one out in practice this weekend.  He was so excited.  I know it was only practice but he was grinning from ear to ear!!!!  He hit to straight away center!!!  Made the old man proud!!!!!

You saying our field is little??? :D :D :D

I know it is!!!!!!  What are the fields in Orange, Vidor, Groves and PA.  I believe that it says at TC 150 down the lines and 170 to center with a 10 foot fence.  However I do not think that it is that far either.

The reason I asked is my son who is in his first year in Coach Pitch hit one out in practice this weekend.  He was so excited.  I know it was only practice but he was grinning from ear to ear!!!!  He hit to straight away center!!!  Made the old man proud!!!!!

And proud you should be. In Orange we are a legit 150 down both lines and either 175 or 180 in center (too old to remember which it is). I measured it myself. I have had kids hit balls out of yalls park that never came close in Orange. If I had to guess I bet if you measured it yall are no more than 125 at the very most down the lines. The tall fence doesn't come into play that much at that distance I don't think. The kids hit the ball too high at that age. That being said I've always enjoyed playing over there. I've had a lot of succes on yalls field.  ;D

It was cool becuase he has been struggling a little bit with coach pitch since he came from t-ball last year and he got a lesson at Ford Park on Saturday and then yesterday things just seemed to click and then boom!!!!!!  I agree that I feel TC is 125 down the lines and about 140-150 to straight away center. 

BTW the instructor at the Baseball Academy is great with kids..........I was impressed even before we left the lesson!!!!!  If anyone would like his info you can PM me about him.

The TC Shetland Storm has a kid this year that could hit one out.  He is strong and hits the ball as good as any Shetland player that I have ever seen.

TD are you still coaching in Orange??

This is our first year out of league ball. I hate it too becasue my youngest would be second year Pinto and that was my favorite age to coach. We now play for GTB Hitters Inc. I coach my 10 year old on the 10U blue team and my 8 year old plays on the 9U blue team. I passed on the all star team last year in Mustang becasue we were playing select also and that's where my commitment was. The last time I coached all stars was the year before and we won the tournament at yalls place and finished 5th at the State tournament.

How does the Orange Pinto league look this year?

I heard that Jefferson County Pinto only has two teams this year.

TC has 5 teams (Storm, Express, Rockhounds, Lugnuts and Red Wings)...........the first three teams are pretty equal and I feel that any of those 3 could beat up on each other at anytime.  Unfortunately one team likely will not win a game this year.

I'm not sure. I think we have plenty of kids. Usually about the same number of teams in Mustang and Pinto and we have 9 or 10 in Mustang. We are going out to the park tomorrow night after practice so I will know more then. Good luck to yall.

A couple of years ago we had a kid hit it out to right off of the tee. He was right handed and went oppo to go yard. It was great. I think he's still smiling and he's 9.  ;D

It was 10.  And yes, he is still smiling.

Must have been the pitching he was hitting off of. Just like your younger days, huh??????

A couple of years ago we had a kid hit it out to right off of the tee. He was right handed and went oppo to go yard. It was great. I think he's still smiling and he's 9.  ;D

Must have been the pitching he was hitting off of. Just like your younger days, huh??????

I wasn't a pitcher in my younger days.  But if I were a pitcher I am sure everyones average would have gotten better having faced me.  I couldn't bust grape but I could field a ground ball and hit singles all day long.

I wasn't a pitcher in my younger days.  But if I were a pitcher I am sure everyones average would have gotten better having faced me.  I couldn't bust grape but I could field a ground ball and hit singles all day long.

Maybe that was me I was thinking about. Seemed like a track meet everytime I took the mound.  ;D

Maybe that was me I was thinking about. Seemed like a track meet everytime I took the mound.  ;D

Come on, you don't expect me to believe that.  I grew up listening to Podge talk about you. :'(

Both of us played last night like we are not very good!!!!!!  Both teams hit really poor IMO.  Bad decisions on defense and tons of throwing errors on both sides.  Both teams need to improve to be able to compete in the Directors tourney.

Hit the ball very good for a change.  Played worse defense and had more errors than we have all year and the Red Wings played a very good game and somehow we managed to beat them 11-10 in 5 innings.  Some questionable calls from Mater behind the plate!!!! ;) ;) :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder