Orange Crush 12U Collins/Worthy Win Again

Guest stircrazy

Guest stircrazy

Orange Crush 12U Collins/Worthy went 6-0 in a USFA Qualifier in Westlake La . In the championship game Crush beat Young Guns 7-1 scoring 6 runs with 2outs in the inning. We had 14 players and all got an at bat and pitched all 3 pitchers in a 5 inning championship game. Great job ladies. We have girls from LA, Kirbyville, OF,BC,LCM. ;D This is the 2nd straight tourny win for CRUSH.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the championship, but I have to say that I was extremely disappointed in the way Collins Crush ran up the score against a new team.  The pitcher is a little girl just getting started.  She was throwing wild pitches and Crush continued to run on her.  The score was somewhere in the 20's to zero.  In my opinion, it was a bad example to set.

JMO

Guest stircrazy

Congrats on the championship, but I have to say that I was extremely disappointed in the way Collins Crush ran up the score against a new team.  The pitcher is a little girl just getting started.  She was throwing wild pitches and Crush continued to run on her.  The score was somewhere in the 20's to zero.  In my opinion, it was a bad example to set.

JMO

That was the only game that I was not there so I can only go by what I was told but in the 2nd they ALL batted from the left if I was told right. Trouble is sometimes you get this when you play "A" ball instead of league where you might be able to teach a young pitcher some basics.

Guest stircrazy

Stealing bases and stealing home on EVERY passed ball is not right.  Now I don't know Collins, but I am familiar with Crush ball and was unpleasantly surprised to see this happening.  I thought that organization had more integrity.

If you are upset about getting beat you are in the wrong sport. The team we were playing is a 1st year team and we went through the same thing last year . As said before the whole team batted from the LEFT in the 2nd inning. It was also a bracket game so tie breakers could have gone to runs scored or runs allowed because of it being a QAULIFIER. Runs can be scored in bunches in 12u as we scored 6 against YG with 2 outs. You never know when enough runs have been scored. When we go to Houston to play we will be just trying to competejust like you were there. Sorry if you were offended!

Guest BreakerCoach

Stealing bases and stealing home on EVERY passed ball is not right.  Now I don't know Collins, but I am familiar with Crush ball and was unpleasantly surprised to see this happening.  I thought that organization had more integrity.

If you are upset about getting beat you are in the wrong sport. The team we were playing is a 1st year team and we went through the same thing last year . As said before the whole team batted from the LEFT in the 2nd inning. It was also a bracket game so tie breakers could have gone to runs scored or runs allowed because of it being a QAULIFIER. Runs can be scored in bunches in 12u as we scored 6 against YG with 2 outs. You never know when enough runs have been scored. When we go to Houston to play we will be just trying to competejust like you were there. Sorry if you were offended!

Cheaters !  ;D

Guest BreakerCoach

It happens.  It is a select tournament, you can't expect the girls to get out on purpose.

Wow, This is a tough one !

Yes, you can expect the girls to do this ! And it is usually my first inclination to do it. But here is the issue, too many are going select that are not ready yet and then want sympathy, cant always have your cake and eat it too.

But whenever anyone is kicking my a$$ NEVER GIVE ME SYMPATHY OUTS ! Sorry I got too much pride for sympathy !  ;D

Guest osue200

Sorry I cannot believe someone is going to post about getting a score ran up on them in select softball.

Apparently a daddy decided to go select before the pitcher was ready.  Just like BC said can't have your cake and eat it too.  And if OC was batting from the left in the 2nd inning that just reinforces that  (for the pitchers sake) you should go back to league ball and let them develop so they wont get discouraged and quit.  Then you want to question an organizations integrity.  What about your decision to put this pitcher in that position.  I have to question your integrity.  Or is it about satisfying someones ego to play select ball

Guest BreakerCoach

Sorry I cannot believe someone is going to post about getting a score ran up on them in select softball.

Apparently a daddy decided to go select before the pitcher was ready.  Just like BC said can't have your cake and eat it too.  And if OC was batting from the left in the 2nd inning that just reinforces that  (for the pitchers sake) you should go back to league ball and let them develop so they wont get discouraged and quit.  Then you want to question an organizations integrity.   What about your decision to put this pitcher in that position.  I have to question your integrity.  Or is it about satisfying someones ego to play select ball

Geez that was brutal, but truthfull !

Sorry Crush Org is top notch and yes no one likes a beating, but maybe you should question why are you there. I know thats not going to be a politically correct response but it is what it is.

Whats next should we start letting other teams win so they dont feel bad ? Select ball is not about juice boxes and cupcakes.

Guest b-a-g fan

Give me a freakin break ... Select ball haveing to hold back on scores  ::) Go back to The YMCA or the Church league who don't keep score. Were  everyone gets a ribbon and juice and cookies  ;) Select ball is that Select Players , it is supossed to be for select players wanting to play at a higher level  ??? ??? But dady ball has taken over and if there child doesn't make one team they form a new one  ;) If you can't stop players from stealing ,practice more or as I  said go back to the YMCA,do not try to make a man who takes his free time to train select athletes to play the game , and not just give parents a baby sitter as some teams do   >:( League ball is for the part timers ,select  ball cost alot of money and takes alot of time commitment . Post like this is the reason I thrive and have so many friends   ;):D ;D ;D

Guest b-a-g fan

I have watched kids play for years at this level and the best of the best have the killer Instinct ,never let them think, they can get back into a game  ??? Tree hugging Hippies like you two ,are the reason kids get to the High School level on a travel ball team and let the game get to them and shake them up . As I said there is leagues for pixie Players AKA Daddy Ball and there are select teams ,players trying to get the edge it takes to reach the college level .. You do not get there cutting back or being passive  ;) Players get hurt on plays they let up on or try to take it easier than they normaly would .  ???

Guest BreakerCoach

b-a-g fan should get one of those friends to do his spelling for him.

First you have 5 post and you are going after Bag ! LMAO... Anyhow this is one of his good ones !  ;D

Guest BreakerCoach

Of course I wasn't there, but twenty-something to nothing and sending girls home on passed balls?  Why risk getting a girl hurt when it sounds like they would have walked home anyway?  Just a thought...

You were not there but......you question them ! Wow, Thats terriffic !

Guest osue200

Give me a freakin break ... Select ball haveing to hold back on scores  ::) Go back to The YMCA or the Church league who don't keep score. Were  everyone gets a ribbon and juice and cookies  ;) Select ball is that Select Players , it is supossed to be for select players wanting to play at a higher level  ??? ??? But dady ball has taken over and if there child doesn't make one team they form a new one  ;) If you can't stop players from stealing ,practice more or as I  said go back to the YMCA,do not try to make a man who takes his free time to train select athletes to play the game , and not just give parents a baby sitter as some teams do   >:( League ball is for the part timers ,select  ball cost alot of money and takes alot of time commitment . Post like this is the reason I thrive and have so many friends   ;):D ;D ;D

And you have the nerve to say I"M BRUTAL.  Yeah Ok  Geez!!! ;D

Guest BreakerCoach

I made it CLEAR I was not there, and I did not question THEM, it was asked in general, if that's what actually happened. Is THAT clear?

Of course I wasn't there, but twenty-something to nothing and sending girls home on passed balls? 

Maybe I misintrepted the post ! Seemed like to me it was questioning the team rather than just a question ! Sorry if I was mistaken.

Im clear !

Guest 11/13Dad

This is flashback material to days of yesteryear.   ;D  ..Select ball players have been beating select ball wannabes for years by this score.  Nothing new here.  This is what seperates the haves from the have nots.  It's one loss, get over it.  My daughter pitched for a fall season, decided she better try another position.   :D

Someone said it best, someone may have chosen the wrong sport.  And in a qualifier give me a break, the victor did no wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami