QUESTION FOR DV

Guest nostradamus

Funny DV....Todd and Mr. Gamble were joking about that loss that Lincoln suffered at the Gamble Awards Banquet the other night.......Todd mentioned in his speech joking with Mr. Gamble.....surely Todd wouldn't lie to the public at a banquet honoring players and Mr. Gamble would he??

Guest DickVitale

Once again excuses.............Ozen still lost to Todd and you said that it never happened. ::) ::)

IF it happened that year, which I doubt, but IF it did, they were not even a VARSITY TEAM yet....

The ONLY time he ever played us again was when he THOUGHT his Kountze teams could compete...Beat them both times home and away...Never saw a Todd Sutherland coached team again...Wanna argue with that?

Funny DV....Todd and Mr. Gamble were joking about that loss that Lincoln suffered at the Gamble Awards Banquet the other night.......Todd mentioned in his speech joking with Mr. Gamble.....surely Todd wouldn't lie to the public at a banquet honoring players and Mr. Gamble would he??

Was not there, but IF it happened...Good for him....He beat a retiree taking over a team at moments notice....Good for him... 1 win versus TONS of defeats...No big deal

DV makes stuff up so he feels like everyone else does it!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Yeah like your name...HJ SUPERFAN!!!

Guest DickVitale

Once again, Boutte dropped Kountze from HIS schedule - how does that translate to Todd being afraid to play him??? Unless you were living and sleeping with Boutte at the time, I may have a BIT more insight here.

We played and beat Kountze every year! What are YOU talking about? If he dropped the game it was because it was doing him no good to keep playing them...Making Kountze better in 3A, while spanking them, is all it was doing anyway.

Perhaps the scores were too close for comfort.  Always looked on paper, that Ozen should blow Kountze out.  Games were always close.  All of a sudden Kountze is dropped during Perkins senior year.

And that old washed up Gamble took Lincoln to the state tournament that year.

Guest DickVitale

Perhaps the scores were too close for comfort.  Always looked on paper, that Ozen should blow Kountze out.  Games were always close.  All of a sudden Kountze is dropped during Perkins senior year.

And that old washed up Gamble took Lincoln to the state tournament that year.

Yeah...in 2001 @ Ozen ( Have that game on tape televised) 72-61....Real close....in 2002 at Kountze 78-66...WOW..what a nail biter! Our guys were not even MOTIVATED to play Kountze...Yawner, as it should have been for us.  I never called Coach Gamble washed up, and I resent that insinuation about a legend, especially coming from me...Hooray for them...They beat Lincoln one time..Did they win it all that year? Go to Austin even?  ::) ::)

So you are saying that those are blowouts?  What about the last score?  What was it, seeing that you have all of the scores?  You left a year off? 

You didn't even know that it happened 2 hours ago and now you have scores?

That last game you mentioned was tied up with 4 minutes to go but I guess it wasn't close? 

Couldn't get motivated in a sold out gym?  Then what motivates players?

Always have excuses..

Guest DickVitale

2001 & 2002 was not 2 years ago.... ???...THEY LOST...Bottom line...and we were NEVER worried about the outcome..It was a foregone conclusion at the tip! EVERY game we played during that time was SOLD OUT...That did not move us one bit! You think sell out crowds move  programs like UNC or Duke....Maybe Lamar, but not those guys...same thing...It was a nightly occurance. You were there....you were right there in Austin cheering us on, now you wanna hate on us for being elite.... ::)

First of all, you have no idea what I was doing in Austin! And seriously, you think the crowds mean nothing to those programs? As for "hating on us"...you started this crap by calling my husband a coward - there is no "us" in this conversation. I answered your accusation, you argued, you were WRONG - from everything I can deduce from the trash you spout, there is absolutely nothing elite about you.

Guest stevenash

First of all, you have no idea what I was doing in Austin! And seriously, you think the crowds mean nothing to those programs? As for "hating on us"...you started this crap by calling my husband a coward - there is no "us" in this conversation. I answered your accusation, you argued, you were WRONG - from everything I can deduce from the trash you spout, there is absolutely nothing elite about you.

Elite and him literally........and I mean literally make me laugh. I mean seriously........I am laughing so hard as I type here I have had to press backspace 100 times.   BBWMF..............he does not know what elite is!!!!

Thats a model of a Ford Torino that was discontinued due to poor sales

Guest stevenash

BBWMF-  You will soon learn that there are a number of "legends in their own mind" offering their "insights" on this board.  Remember, when the only thing legendary about one is in his own mind, he must continually seek to reinforce that self perception by attemtpting (weakly, I might add) to convince someone other than himself that he is what he portrays himself to be.

Guest DickVitale

First off I NEVER said that your husband was a coward.....NEVER...Never insinuated it nor did I say it...If you read the WHOLE thread I said that I was only joking with the rest of the HJ faithful that regularly post on here...I jokingly said that HJ would not play me next year, and it was directed people that we joke around with on here every day...I am not going to go any farther with you because I would not want anyone to disrespect my wife, so I will keep my thoughts...I will say this though...I have the highest respect for Todd as a person and coach...Some of us get on here strictly for entertainment purposes....I would never trash a coach or his family.  I hope you can understand that. and by the way, I do not feel like I am better than anyone nor am I an elitist...I just feed the assumption on here strictly for kicks...I will not take what you said to me personally because I know that you don't know me....I apologize for your assumption, but though I feel this board is FULL of COWARDS, I do not feel that Todd Sutherland is one by no stretch of the imagination.

Guest baseball25

there are a bunch of haters on here....everyone is titled to there opinion..people need to just deal with it and stop getting all pissy...

First off I NEVER said that your husband was a coward.....NEVER...Never insinuated it nor did I say it...If you read the WHOLE thread I said that I was only joking with the rest of the HJ faithful that regularly post on here...I jokingly said that HJ would not play me next year, and it was directed people that we joke around with on here every day...I am not going to go any farther with you because I would not want anyone to disrespect my wife, so I will keep my thoughts...I will say this though...I have the highest respect for Todd as a person and coach...Some of us get on here strictly for entertainment purposes....I would never trash a coach or his family.  I hope you can understand that. and by the way, I do not feel like I am better than anyone nor am I an elitist...I just feed the assumption on here strictly for kicks...I will not take what you said to me personally because I know that you don't know me....I apologize for your assumption, but though I feel this board is FULL of COWARDS, I do not feel that Todd Sutherland is one by no stretch of the imagination.

You have some serious issues!  And to think that you're about to coach at a private high school in Houston.  Seriously, do you even care what the parents of your future players, your future administration, or your players would think if they read your garbage?  It's one thing to have an opinion, DV, but my goodness.  Have some class, please.  I recommend you spend more time preparing next year's program and less time spewing hatred here. 

I stay away WAY too long...  This was juicy... The first response to this thread was obviously a joke...  NO COACH downs another COACH.... Regardless of how bad or good or great that coach is.  I personally know Dickie V lives by that creed.  All these coaches in this area have a great deal of respect for one another... Heck no coach on here even downs the WB head coach and we all know he is sub-par.

One coirrection...  Gamble picked up that PA team after the season had started...  They lost the first 4 or five games he coached...  One of those was a 30 point shalacking by Central...  He had to teach that team on the fly and by years end they were in Austin with Central and Kountze.  Don't ever try to make a legend look bad to make a point.  Also, I am glad with the win to Ozen's ninth and 10th graders...  They were close to .500 that year.

Finally, I feel that it is wrong for a poster to confide in other posters and reveal their their identities..... And the first time that there is a disagreement...  The poster throws the other posters identity into cyber space....  That is dirty and low!  That is all I have to say about that!

Finally, I feel that it is wrong for a poster to confide in other posters and reveal their their identities..... And the first time that there is a disagreement...  The poster throws the other posters identity into cyber space....  That is dirty and low!  That is all I have to say about that!

==========================

100% agree. That is a very low-down thing to do. Scum act!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami