WOS-35 LCM-14 Final/Latest On Driver

KFDM COOP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I could tell' date=' the clock was run correctly. It is supposed to start when the official sets the ball following a first down and that is what it sounds like happened. Was it something else that happened?

The clock was definately mishandled at the end of the first quarter.[/quote']

True, if it were only a first down. The wo-s reciever ran out of bounds while still in a forward motion.

Guest GoStangs

My prayers and best wishes go out to President Driver and his family. I didn't see the hit that caused the injury, but he rolled out to the left, turned and jumped, and threw the ball across the field. When I looked back over, he was lying on the field, face down, and not moving. The field was cleared and everyone was told to get in the stands to await a helicopter, but they eventually took him off the field and put him in an ambulance. Several minutes later, the helicopter flew over our stadium toward Beaumont.

Guest GoStangs

This is true. A police officer came to the makeshift press box at half and picked up the man operating the clock he was drunk.

That's what I heard, as well, and from a very reliable source.

Concerning the clock: The WO-S receiver caught the ball at the 10 with 30 seconds left and ran out of bounds. His forward progress was not stopped and he never went down. He ran almost all the way to the track. That was at 30 seconds. When we looked up again, the clock was at 7 seconds and running. WO-S hurried and threw a pass over the middle to the goal line with 2 seconds left. As the seconds ticked off, the bear players HAULED BUTT toward the locker room. It was sort of weak.

Concerning the injury: Very scary period there. President will be in our prayers. He was hit as he was throwing the ball - it looked from our vantage point like he jumped to throw the pass and was hit as he released it. I'm glad to hear that the feeling seems to be returning. As bitter as the feelings between these teams are, you never want to see anyone hurt - especially seriously. Again, he's in our prayers.

In 1992, LC-M got WO-S disqualified from the playoffs so that they could get in. They discovered that one of our bench players had an "incomplete" on a report card, and somehow (the story goes) the coaches were unaware. instead of reporting it immediately (the first week) they waited for six weeks, so we would have to forfeit enough games to miss the playoffs. It was a mistake on our part, but dirty of them to sit on it long enough to benefit themselves.

Oh okay.

And about the rivalry not being as bad as people think... after tonight I totally agree that it is strictly for the game... Neither side would like to see a player get hurt and I was happy to see that even though our QB got seriously injured, WOS was very respectful and cheered for him as well. :) I know WE ALL hope that he is OK.

The teacher that turned that in was a WOS teacher and I can tell you his name. I dont think it would be right to put it out here but not long after that he was looking for a job and found one with walt disney world in flordia he was also a graduate of WO high.

I know who you're talking about, and he DID have a controversial relationship with WO-S and exited the school unceremoniously (I knew him very well - was his star student for three years), but he was not involved with that scandal. His problems emerged later.

Guest GoStangs

I was surprised at how much Moody wanted to slow the game down. I don't know if you all normally run the ball as much as you did tonight or if it was just a part of the plan to keep the clock running, but I do think it was an extreme sign of respect that Coach Moody slowed down the pace of the game the way he did, called for the onside kick, kept having the punter kick the ball out of bounds, etc. Maybe not a bad idea, but I was surprised at how he played it.

SAMRT MOVE trying to control the clock, if you ask me. If LCM sits on the ball, WOS can't score any more.

A really good game by both teams. In the end, Earl Thomas "ran away". He looks like he has one more gear than everyone else on the field, and can cut on a dime!

Congrats to both teams. And President Driver will be in my prayers, as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami