Raider Football...........Give me your opinions

I forgot to mention that everyone in LUMBERTON should be behind the team. The reocrd should not matter ' date=' The TEAM REPRESENTS the TOWN ![/quote']

The town IS proud of OUR team...on the field and off. They are a GREAT group of guys. Every single player on the team is committed to hard work and staying the course. These guys have taken their "team" efforts beyond just being a football team. They have done great things for others in the community when in need. These guys respect their coaches (they may not like them much during practice, but they still respect them :wink: ) immensley.

No matter the record, Lumberton is proud of our team. Win or loose, it's still our team. If we don't win another game all season, we'd still be proud of our boys. That kinda goes back to the old saying "it doesn't matter if you win or loose, it's how you play the game"(from the parent's point of view). From our star QB, to the best RB, to the 2nd or 3rd lines waiting on the sidelines, as long as these guys give it their all, we're here for them!

That's how it should be, everywhere, huh?

Best of luck to our Raiders and to everyone else this week! :D

Guest GoStangs

Personally, I like the excitement everyone from Lumberton is showing about their team, and I hope they do great this year. They are an underdog to make the playoffs, but, with the new coach, new attitude, and talented players (they do have a good group of athletes), they are turning things around.

On another note, it's great to see so many people voicing their support for them. I've been going to message boards for a while now, and I honestly can say I don't remember anyone from Lumberton ever posting anything about their team. From a fan's point of view, it's good to see they've joined in on the action. Hopefully, they'll stick around for a while. :)

Personally' date=' I like the excitement everyone from Lumberton is showing about their team, and I hope they do great this year. They are an underdog to make the playoffs, but, with the new coach, new attitude, and talented players (they do have a good group of athletes), they are turning things around.

On another note, it's great to see so many people voicing their support for them. I've been going to message boards for a while now, and I honestly can say I don't remember anyone from Lumberton ever posting anything about their team. From a fan's point of view, it's good to see they've joined in on the action. Hopefully, they'll stick around for a while. :)[/quote']

Thanks for great comments.

Hope WO-S wins state!!!!!

WO-S Class of 87' :D

No' date=' I finish what others start!!!!

You started it, I finished it.[/quote']

What have you finished other than getting every team in the Golden Triangle salivating for the chance to play Lumb? Believe me, after all of your childish yap, teams will bring their A-game now.

VERY good win for L-town Friday night. But I gotta say, they have a LONG way to go to have a shot at a play-off spot. Their size is not that big, and they didn't show a lot of team speed. They did play hard, with heart, and as a team. But in ths District, they have a long way to go.

This is not a sour grapes post, either. They deserved the "W" Friday, and I'll give them their due. But I'm also, at the same time, trying to be a realist about this.

Lumberton Football has made GREAT strides forward - It's just not enough yet. Right now, I would pick them to finish 4th in District, and that's a long way from where they HAVE been!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami