Sherron Collins - Big 12 Player of the Year

As a Mizzou grad, and somebody who hates kansas (never capitalize the k because the state is not worthy of being a proper noun) I honestly think that in good taste, and in honor recognizing team awards, that Sherron Collins should be the POTY in the Big 12.

Blake Griffin is awesome. They best player in the nation. He's going to rack up All-American spots, probably the National Players of year, and he should sweep. But I have two reasons for rewarding Collins.

1) In the Big 12 conference and heads up against OU, Collins was the most outstanding player. Knocking down HUGE 3's in Norman, driving Mizzou and K-State nuts, and taking full leadership of the young kU team and making them the Big 12 regular season champs.

2) Griffin just needs to be 1st team all conference. Maybe you can split the award between the two. Blake is the best big man in the conference bar none. Collins is the best point guard in the conference bar none. Both of their teams would not own a dominating aspect of the game against the leagues better squads without the two players.

I'm sure others will argue with me on this.

Guest hoops12

Griffin. The kid is an amazing athlete but I guess at this level of play everyone is. What is his vertical? The kid can flat out jump out the roof!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086