WHATS THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE NATION

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

Big east last 5 teams are really really bad there RPI are in the 100's.....ACC has 2 teams RPI in the 100's thats i and Big east has 16 teams compared to 12 so I think from top to bottom the ACC is overall better.

• 2 weeks later...

I say the ACC is the best conference in the nation. I'm also going out on a limb and saying the playing field is even between Pitt, Connecticut, Kansas, and Oklahoma, and I really don't think the Big East is all that.

I really think the Big 12 is a stronger conference than the Big East 1 through 8.

Big East underachievers have really struggled all season. If Georgetown, Notre Dame, and Villinova played Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma State, I think the Big 12 squads would all go 2-1, and perhaps Missouri and Texas would go 3-0 against those teams.

I also agree that there are different styles of basketball in both conferences, with the Big 12 being up tempo and the Big East being half court oriented.

Watch when the jitters and nerves are going crazy in the tournament this year when the fast breaking Big 12 teams dominate the Big East teams left and right.

Final 4 - - UNC, Oklahoma, Pitt, unexpected team...

Guest aschrapps

I say the ACC is the best conference in the nation. I'm also going out on a limb and saying the playing field is even between Pitt, Connecticut, Kansas, and Oklahoma, and I really don't think the Big East is all that.

I really think the Big 12 is a stronger conference than the Big East 1 through 8.

Big East underachievers have really struggled all season. If Georgetown, Notre Dame, and Villinova played Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma State, I think the Big 12 squads would all go 2-1, and perhaps Missouri and Texas would go 3-0 against those teams.

I also agree that there are different styles of basketball in both conferences, with the Big 12 being up tempo and the Big East being half court oriented.

Watch when the jitters and nerves are going crazy in the tournament this year when the fast breaking Big 12 teams dominate the Big East teams left and right.

Final 4 - - UNC, Oklahoma, Pitt, unexpected team...

Big East Top 8 - Connecticut, Marquette, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Villanova, Syracuse, West Virginia, Providence

Big 12 Top 8 -Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Oklahoma St, Texas, Texas A&M, Kansas St, Nebraska

I dont understand how you can think that the Big 12 is stronger 1-8. I mean i could understand if you were to argue 1-3 but really can Nebraska beat any of these big east teams I dont think so.

I also dont understand how you are pitting the Big 12's number 3,4,5 (By standings) against the big easts 4,10,11. If you pit those three teams against Pittsburgh Villanova and Marquette (although the loss of Dominic James is Massive) I think it changes the story.

I also dont think the Big East isnt half court oriented its a very diverse league with the defensive toughness of Lousiville, UCONN, and Pitt. The up temo bomb away style of Marquette Syracuse and Villanova. The Halfcourt effiency of Georgetown and Notre Dame.

All that being said if i had to rank the big 6 conferences i would go: 1a. Acc. 1b. Big East. 3. Big Ten. 4 Big 12. 5 Pac 10 6. Sec.

The SEC is horrrribbbbblleeee this year its veryyy bad they have LSU who hasnt played anybody really tough in god knows how long .

I guess I've just watched Big East basketball every Monday, Wednesday, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning since the first weekend in January, and unlike all of the east coast biased individuals, I don't see the "bling" that makes them deserve 8 or 9 teams.

I will admit I overlooked Louisville's defensive toughness!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086