Rison To Resign

Guest SWAC 11

I worked for 10 yrs with Willie and Phillip's mother, Marion.  The boys chose to go to separate schools.  #1, they wanted separate identities, and #2 they fought...ALOT!  She was spread very thin trying to watch all of their activities.  She got transferred to Houston a little over a year ago.  Ended up retiring to be able to be here for the boys.

It's really not an argument, the kids go where they feel they'll be successful. The shake up started when all the area coaches were dismissed. Ozen brought in Brooks and Central suggs. Neither guy stayed long. Brooks was winning but still feared loosing his job. Suggs was just ready to leave. The kids will remain if the coaches remain. A little success, the kids start coming, then the coaches leave. The shake up are what hurts the programs.

I hope Ozen can find a coach that will stick with the kids. I truely believe Washington's going to stick around for a while.

I totally agree with yall. Arthur Louis was the man at Ozen. His winning percentage has never been matched. His dismissal was unwarranted.

You must be high.  A. Lou was 0-fer against Ned and PN-G.  Brooks had the best winning percentage @Ozen so far.  He (Brooks) couldn't handle the pressure to win and thus left for perceived greener pastures...

I totally agree with yall. Arthur Louis was the man at Ozen. His winning percentage has never been matched. His dismissal was unwarranted.

You must be high.  A. Lou was 0-fer against Ned and PN-G.  Brooks had the best winning percentage @Ozen so far.  He (Brooks) couldn't handle the pressure to win and thus left for perceived greener pastures...

I stand corrected, Brooks percentage was better.   8)

Brooks winning percentage was better for the simple fact that he not only inhereted a winning program, but he only had 2 yrs as to Arthur who had 4yr. Also in Arthur's first yr he had no Sr.'s and still made it to the play-offs Brooks not only had Sr. but he had a ton of D-1 players from Arthur's team... And if you look at the historical sight Arthur did beat nederland he also beat WOS...

Brooks winning percentage was better for the simple fact that he not only inhereted a winning program, but he only had 2 yrs as to Arthur who had 4yr. Also in Arthur's first yr he had no Sr.'s and still made it to the play-offs Brooks not only had Sr. but he had a ton of D-1 players from Arthur's team... And if you look at the historical sight Arthur did beat nederland he also beat WOS...

Brooks had a better winning percentage and he swept Nederland.  Both Louis and Brooks were (1-1) vs. WOS.  Louis was removed simply because he couldn't beat Nederland!!  Louis and Brooks are both very good men and very good coaches and are BOTH disciplinary guys!!  If you had to pick between the two the biggest difference would be Brooks has been a head coach for 17 years and made it to the playoffs 16 *PNG Blown Call 2003* the only exception.  Louis has been a head coach for 4 years and made it to the playoffs all 4.  Oh yeah, Coach Brooks does have those 4 State Titles under his belt!!  If you had to make the call between those two, who would you go with?

Brooks had a better winning percentage and he swept Nederland.  Both Louis and Brooks were (1-1) vs. WOS.  Louis was removed simply because he couldn't beat Nederland!!  Louis and Brooks are both very good men and very good coaches and are BOTH disciplinary guys!!  If you had to pick between the two the biggest difference would be Brooks has been a head coach for 17 years and made it to the playoffs 16 *PNG Blown Call 2003* the only exception.  Louis has been a head coach for 4 years and made it to the playoffs all 4.  Oh yeah, Coach Brooks does have those 4 State Titles under his belt!!  If you had to make the call between those two, who would you go with?

Its not about who's the better "Coach" it's about who is best for the job and for the kids.. Both are great men and were successful, but when it comes done to Ozen High School and who did a better job my nod goes to Louis... Some times it's not about always winning that State Chmpionship but how you effect the lives of the young men...

A. Lou was 0-5 against Ned.  Lost twice the first varsity year.  Twice the second.  That team that played Harker Heights in the 2nd round didn't play Ned that year but A Lou's last year, they lost 42-21 @LU.  Yes, he did beat WO-S but laid a goose egg against MC...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami