Tearful Tejada: 'I made a mistake'

Guest JoesBros

Tejada is a liar ... he's lied about his age and now steroids.  His skill set without the juice is below average.  The Astros should cut him and just eat the salary, but, they won't ... or, can't ... we do not have anyone else to play SS.  It will be interesting to see if the Astros will bring up Tommy Manzella from Round Rock to play SS?

The bigger concern is the pitching rotation ... we have Roy O and what else?  Not much.

Still, a night at the ballpark is good stuff ... the wife enjoys baseball and so do the kids.

Peace.

Tejada is a liar ... he's lied about his age and now steroids.  His skill set without the juice is below average.  The Astros should cut him and just eat the salary, but, they won't ... or, can't ... we do not have anyone else to play SS.  It will be interesting to see if the Astros will bring up Tommy Manzella from Round Rock to play SS?

The bigger concern is the pitching rotation ... we have Roy O and what else?  Not much.

Still, a night at the ballpark is good stuff ... the wife enjoys baseball and so do the kids.

Peace.

wow! that has to be one of the most ignorant statements ive seen.... i understand you may not like him but to deny his ability is ignorant! i really couldnt give two craps if these guys did steriods or didnt, who really cares? theyre getting paid to play baseball, not to be role models or raise your children. cheating in one way or another has been going on ever since this sport, or any other sport, has been played!

Tejadas stats:

Batting average    .286

Home runs    271

Runs batted in    1099

Career highlights and awards

5x All-Star selection (2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008)

2x Silver Slugger Award winner (2004, 2005)

2002 AL MVP

2005 MLB All-Star Game MVP

2004 Home Run Derby winner 

I stand by my statement ... his skill set without juice is below average ... he hit 13 HRs last season, which was his lowest total since the late 1990s (i.e., before McGwire and Sosa revived baseball with their long ball battle, thanks to steroids).  Tejada only had 66 RBIs last season; opposing pitchers do not fear Tejada without the juice.  His OBP was .314, which is not terrible, but, nothing to fear.  Most of Tejada's numbers and awards were a product of the steroids era.

When Tejada used synthetic help, he was a good player and put up above average numbers in the batter's box.  Without the "boost" last season and coupled with an aging body, his numbers -- power numbers -- fell off.  In the field, he was decent last season despite his age ... no argument there.

I do not need a sports figure like Tejada, John Daly, John Rocker, or countless others to be role model for me, my children, or anyone else.  I've never asked anyone to raise my children.  Like you, I'm not concerned with what pro baseball players inject into their bodies.  It does not affect me or my children.  But, as a season ticket holder, I prefer to watch athletes display their God-given skills and talents without lies, deceit, and steroids.  I prefer to abide by honesty and accountablility ... but, to each his/her own.

And, I have nothing against Tejada ... except ... he's a liar.  But, he's owned up to his mistake.  He deserves to move on with his life ... but, the Astros can move on without him.  I'm not advocating banishment ... just the Astros should cut him and move on.  He's below average without juice and his age is not doing him any favors.

Peace.

I stand by my statement ... his skill set without juice is below average ... he hit 13 HRs last season, which was his lowest total since the late 1990s (i.e., before McGwire and Sosa revived baseball with their long ball battle, thanks to steroids).  Tejada only had 66 RBIs last season; opposing pitchers do not fear Tejada without the juice.  His OBP was .314, which is not terrible, but, nothing to fear.  Most of Tejada's numbers and awards were a product of the steroids era.

When Tejada used synthetic help, he was a good player and put up above average numbers in the batter's box.  Without the "boost" last season and coupled with an aging body, his numbers -- power numbers -- fell off.  In the field, he was decent last season despite his age ... no argument there.

I do not need a sports figure like Tejada, John Daly, John Rocker, or countless others to be role model for me, my children, or anyone else.  I've never asked anyone to raise my children.  Like you, I'm not concerned with what pro baseball players inject into their bodies.  It does not affect me or my children.  But, as a season ticket holder, I prefer to watch athletes display their God-given skills and talents without lies, deceit, and steroids.  I prefer to abide by honesty and accountablility ... but, to each his/her own.

And, I have nothing against Tejada ... except ... he's a liar.  But, he's owned up to his mistake.  He deserves to move on with his life ... but, the Astros can move on without him.  I'm not advocating banishment ... just the Astros should cut him and move on.  He's below average without juice and his age is not doing him any favors.

Peace.

nice post... i agree with some but not everything youve said. we could debate this for eternity and get nowhere. im all for honesty and accountability but neither of these coming from any of these pro athletes affects myself or my family in the least. and no, i couldnt give two craps what any of these guys put in their body... i guess when the lies they tell or the roids they inject impacts my family i will care but until then, PLAY BALL!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476