Central/Baytown Lee Final..Lee Loses QB

Guest JoesBros

Central beat the fire outta Lee tonight. Lee's qb went down in the first quarter, but it woukldn't have mattered. Olin has had 9 months to figure out what to do when a team blitzes every play. He still hasn't quite figured out a way to beat it yet.

It reminds me of the Texas-/WAsh St Holiday Bowl a few years back....except worse.

It's a jailbreak every time the center snaps it. It turns into hail mary tosses and hoping for some luck. It's ridiculous. I can only hope that Olin hasn't been calling the plays, because if he has, there's no hope.

Central has a good defense. They play too many both ways though which I think will hurt them sooner or later. They should let Williams just focus on playing qb, because the backup qb is a huge dropoff.

Anyways, looks like another long year for Lee. The qb left with a brace on his leg so it was probably bad.

Central looked very good good last night in the opener. Their defense was outstanding. I know they hurt the 1st string QB but the guy they looked just as good as the first guy. The injury the QB had was grusome. He got horsecollared and when he sit up, grabbed his leg and it looked like Joe Theisman. Lee will have trouble in that 5A district. They are soft on the run.

Central looked great on both sides of the ball. The only negative was that they had 4 fumbles, loosing only 1. Central/West Brook should be a war over at Lamar.

LOL

It wouldn't have mattered either way, but the second string qb for Lee is not even in the same league as Jeremy Moses. Lee won't be able to throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield until Moses comes back. The second string qb on varsity is probably the 4th best qb in the program. The JV qb should come up and play now. He would be a much better option.

Again, Central was going to win the game either way, but the second string qb was a HUUGGEE dropoff.

I saw Baytown Lee a couple of times look to have the outside only to be walked down from behind before they could get five yards. Though small the D will be hard to deal with because of speed. On Offense the Hall kid might be unstoppable this year. He is incredible on the hitch but I wish he would get the ball down field in the open more... maybe even crossing paterns. #2 QB has no speed and a average arm... coach find a new safety and keep williams behind center. Lastly, Spikes I know you are fast but you need to stop letting receivers run by you then trying to make it up with your speed.... Lee burnt you like that and many more teams will.

I saw a couple of times when Central had the angle and Lee's backs and receivers out ran the angle, left them eating dust and got to the corner, so I guess it all depended on the angle from which you were watching. Central is a fast team. Do they have more speed than Lee? Nah. They are just better. They hit harder and know how to play ball better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124