Thoughts on the game..

LUFAN

When u dont make adjustments at halftime or throughout the game ur getting out coach.

Well we apparently did make some adjustments at halftime considering we came from back at least 11 down. Just couldn't close it out.

If people are asking for a change after this season, yall are crazy! He may not be the best floor coach, but he's brought excitement back to Lamar and it takes more than 3 years to turn a program around. He's had success here, just give us time. Injuries are killing this group. Plus given the fact we've missed Nwevo, Nabors, and Moton this year. You can't put all the blame on Roc. The guy has worked his a$$ off for Lamar and it is obvious that he has this program headed in the right direction. We also missed Worrell because of a stomach virus last night. He HAD to come in the last few min. of the 2nd OT b/c we had no players.

Guest coachacola

Lamar has slowly improved since Roc came on board, first as Tubb's assistant and now as the head coach.  Offensively, Lamar's been one of the best in the SLC since he's been the head coach.  It's the defense that's been killing his teams.  I might be wrong on this, but I think the main reason is he doesn't have the players yet to take advantage of the defense he likes to run.

About this game, the stats were pretty even between LU and SHSU, but the one main difference was that SHSU had a go-to guy in Ashton Mitchell.  Dawkins is probably Lamar's best player, but he's not 100%, and at 5-9 he's got to be 100% to make a difference in a game.  His points per game are down and his turnovers are up since his injury.

Did anyone notice that Harper had a double-double last night?  When was the last time LU had a freshman score a double-double?  For LU to turn this around, Dawkins has to be 100% healthy and Harper and Williams need to keep improving.  At this point in the season, LU just needs to get healthy, make the SLC tourney, and catch fire.

Alright almost 24 hours have passed and I am done with being pissed off.  Can't wait until Saturday night's game against UTSA!!!! ;D ;D ;D

My son has gone to the last two games and both have been losses........I am hesitant in bringing him. 

BTW he had no bathroom breaks during this game!!!!! ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Injuries and remember we a short two scholarships.  Nabors would have been real handy to have around last night.  Harper was huge without his effort last night we would have lost by 20.  I'm glad someone said something about coming back in the second half, must have made some adjustments.  Seemed like everytime we were getting a rythm and the crowd was getting into it.....pause.. foulshots.  Both teams were in double bonus with more than 10 minutes left in second in the half.  Looked to me like McThay might have gotten some confidence back last night, he needed to.  I think the lighting is too good in the Montagne, teams are coming in and shooting lights out.  I don't know, I think we're due a few breaks. 

As for the T, I heard Bull...., and the ref who called it wasn't part of the conversation.  He should have turned around and let the ref that Roc was "chatting with" handle it.  The problem was both Jay and the big SH player were pushing, he called the T on Jay as their leaving the floor for a timeout.  He should run over and split them up, call a double foul something.  He over reacted and called a T.  I think that is what started foulfest.

The refs we NOT bad last night...

Really???!! I had four SHSU fans sitting next to me talking the whole time about how bad the officiating was...both ways. 69 foul calls in a 50 minute game. That works out to a foul call about every 45 seconds. that amount of foul calls led to absolutely NO consistency in play. No one can get in a rhythm that way. Alot of those calls were ridiculous. There were over 100 foul shots taken. That is just bad. No other way to look at it. Let em play a little man. Oh well. What can you do about it......except get a technical. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83