Beaumont Central - Baytown Lee sub varsity

Lee JV won 20-18

Lee freshman B won 22-8

Lee freshman A won 19-0

I was able to see Lee freshman B and the first half of freshman A.

In A team action:

Central has a really fast quarterback and a couple tall receivers that will probably develop into good players. They also have a good running back. They were just too small along the front lines. Also, looked as if they hadn't really practiced on special teams. Lee's first score came when XCentral tried to punt from their own end zone. The punter kicked the ball straight into the ground and it hopped up and a Lee guy grabbed it at the 7 yard line and ran it in for a punt return lol Never had seen anything like it before. The ball never got over 5 feet off the ground, just one bounce right into the guy's hands. Central got stopped on a goal line stand late int he second quarter that could have gotten them to within 13-6. They were first and goal from about the 3. They couldnt punch it in. Their best play the whole first half was the quarterback bootleg. that's virtually the only play that got them any yards. But they do have some athletes once they get it together.

Lee A team has about 6 or 7 guys that will be on varsity next year. They have two running backs that are both pretty physical and fast. The quarterback is a decent athlete with a nice arm. One of the receivers is a decent height and really fast and agile. They have an OL/DL that is probably 6'3" 245 right now. He was doing a good job on that goal line stand.

The best player for either team was a 5'7" 145 lb(guesstimate) linebacker for Lee named Juan Aviles. Not sure how he will do on higher levels when others catch up to his level of football IQ and what not. He is just a bad lil dude in there right now. He brings the wood and is very active and intelligent. I wouldn't say he'll be on varsity next year, although he could be if he grows a couple inches. He's just one of them guys that is too smart and physical and advanced for other 9th graders. Everyone else is pattycaking around and he's in there laying the wood.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see Central's varsity. I hear they have a super fast receiver and a good qb, so I can't wait.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124