Silsbee vs LCM Scrimage

It was a really good game...

The score was 4-3 LCM...

I didn't keep count of who scored for LCM, but for Silsbee:

Deaver had one

Littlepage had two

Silsbee played really well...

People are going to be suprised this year in us...

New Coach + Good Talent = Suprise Suprise  ;D

Guest wos grad

Source kogt

The Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears boy’s soccer team began their season with a 4-3 road victory over the Silsbee Tigers on Friday night. Senior captain T.C. Scalfano led the Bears by scoring the team’s first two goals. Senior Darrell Lawrence and Sophomore Mitchell Heil each added a goal for the Bears. Scalfano’s play sparked a sluggish beginning for the Bears. Down 1-0 following a successful Tiger’s penalty kick, Scalfano scored on a penalty kick of his own. Scalfano’s goal was set up when Sophomore Garhett Bonneaux was fouled driving to the goal at the eighteen-minute mark. Scalfano boomed the penalty kick into the left side of the goal for a 1-1 tie. With eight minutes remaining in the first half, Scalfano battled and bulled his way through a swarming Tigers’ defense to score from 15 yards out to give the Bears a 2-1 lead. The Bears strong play in the opening minutes of the second half allowed the team to take control of the game. Senior Darrell Lawrence scored for the Bears at the five minute mark on an assist from Bonneaux. Lawrence drove the ball past a charging Tiger goalie for an open-net goal. Ten minutes later, Mitchell Heil added a goal for the Bears after driving the ball through the middle of the Tiger defense to score from 20 yards out. With Bears nursing a 4-1 lead, the Tigers scored twice in the last ten minutes of the game. The Bears’ defense then rebounded to shut out the Tigers rally and preserve the 4-3 victory. Bears’ Coach Matt Wedel was satisfied with his team’s effort. “The Tigers are a physical teamâ€, said Wedel. “I saw some good points from our team. We were a little rusty with this being the first game of the season. Clearly, there are some areas of the game that we need to improve.†Wedel was especially proud of Scalfano’s play. When he was sidelined all of last year with a leg injury, Scalfano assisted the team as a student coach. Scalfano’s return to the playing field was crucial for the Bears. “It was great to have him back on the fieldâ€, said Wedel. Wedel was also pleased with the defensive efforts of Darrell Lawrence, Brett Heil, Mitchell Heil, and Tommy Jones for the Bears.

Silsbee soccer is definitely improved over last season.  They played hard and never gave up after being behind 4-1.  I love their stadium.  It is junior college caliber. 

The Bears will improve as the season progress.  They weren't operating at their best, but showed flashes of putting it together.

I am so glad that the soccer season has started.  Let the games begin !!!   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124