Central vs Baytown Lee

Who wins this game?  

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Dang, how much speed does Central have? Lee's defense is probably average in terms of speed, but Lee's offense has speed out the wazoo. Whether we can give the qb time to pass the ball and how well Moses is in sync with the receivers could be the deciding factor. That and we need to see what Lee's defense looks like against the run in a real game. Teams have been able to pretty much run all over them at will the last two years.

I did a little research and see that Central had a good 400 relay team last year. Hall, who ran anchor, seems to be back at receiver. He had a high yard per catch average last year.

Most of Lee's speed is on offense, but they do have about three 4.5 guys on defense.

Guess we'll see come Friday. I don't even want to make a prediction. I will believe Lee has a decent defende when I see it on the field. Until then, I'll assume that opposing teams will move through them like a sieve.

The days of Drew Tate are long gone for the Ganders. Dick Olin is a spread offense goo-roo, however they have not had all cylinders firing at one time for at least 3 years now. Baytown has had a major influx of hispanics some "legal" some not and the vast majority of them are in the Lee's school district. A lot of these kids either don't play or they are too small to be effective. All this combines for an average team at best. Central by 7 in this one.

Look for some decline in Baytown's football programs once the new high school is finished in Higlands. I am guessing you will end up with 3 each 4-A schools in Baytown when this is done.

Brian Johnson led a much better team than Drew Tate ever did at Lee. It's been since 2003 since Lee was good, so you're right about that. The influx of Hispanic students started long ago, so that's not a factor with the recent efforts. I think Olin had gotten complacent. The team has looked ragtag the last few years. There is a ton of talent in the program right now. The days of Lee being good again are about a year away. Next year they will have one of the best teams in the Houston area if not the state. I still think they are a year away, but they will be much better this year than last.

Lee will become 4A, the new school will be 4A and Sterling will remain in 5A with their attendance numbers not affected too much.

I'm not sure about the players being too small to be effective. I will guarantee you that Lee will be much bigger than Central and as fast in the skill positions. I tried to be as diplomatic as possible in my earlier replies, but if you think Central is going to outspeed Lee, then you got another think coming. You must be talking about Pasadena Rayburn with your description. Having said all this, Lee still has looked very unorganzied and made too many mistakes the last few years, so I could see Central winning, but your description wasn't really accurate.

How do you see the 2008 reallignment with Baytown-Lee moving to 4-A?

1st

BH moves to Golden Triangle District

Dayton returns to former district

Lee joins Dayton's district

New Caney goes elsewhere

2nd

BH, Dayton, Baytown-Lee, Huffman, C.E. King, Forest Brook, Crosby, Galena Park form new district.

Silsbee goes to 4-A in local district

New Caney goes elsewhere

Other

...1st

BH moves to Golden Triangle District

Dayton returns to former district

Lee joins Dayton's district

New Caney goes elsewhere

2nd

BH' date=' Dayton, Baytown-Lee, Huffman, C.E. King, Forest Brook, Crosby, Galena Park form new district.

Silsbee goes to 4-A in local district

New Caney goes elsewhere

Other[/quote']

That is interesting i was told the reason Dayton went to GT District was geographic. Supposedly we were further east by .25 miles than BH?. :?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont