*HJ vs. Kountze Updates/HJ Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Well I' predicted ktz to WIN AND THEY CAN'T HELP THE BAD GAME THE REFS CALLED WITH 4 STARTERS FOULING OUT AND STILL WITHOUT 2 PLAYERS DUE TO INJURY I'M NOT THE ONE TO TALK ABOUT THE REFS BUT THEY MESSED UP BIG TIME. AS FAR AS H-J THEY ARE GOOD AND EXPECT THEM TO DO GREAT THINGS BUT KTZ IS THE BETTER TEAM ON A NEUTRAL FLOOR. IMO.

Dude... Did you really just say Kountze is a better team after going 0-2 against HJ and after losing the second game by about 20 points?

Congrats to the Big 3 on another solid outing.  Ricossa hung tough down low, while Garrett and Spell looked solid with the ball.  Spell took a big charge down the stretch.

Kountze looked good, imo, but not quite what they have been in the past.  Looking forward to a win (I hope) tommorow vs. Central. 

Happy Turkey Day Yall 

The type defense Kountze plays they will always be in foul trouble with a good group of officials.They normally get away with a ton of fouls at home and not so many on the road.Kountze has the deeper club of these two but HJ has three of the top four players if you combine the rosters.Kountze scores off their defense and it doesn't affect your better ball handling clubs.Other than Walker Kountze doesn't have a go to guy in the shooters hole and their free throw shooting isn't real good.All that being said they are still the best 2-a club locally but will have to step it up big time to beat New Waverly or Newton this year.If Kountze and HJ play 10 times HJ wins 8.Sorry Dawg most of the time I agree with ya but this club isn't where you want them to be yet,they may get their before the season is over.

Yea I agree to some extent but the best shooter on the team was in foul trouble thru out the game Soph Zay McDaniel don't sleep on him and Sweet Lefty Jack Mcknight could play tomorrow vs Silsbee if not they still have a whole season. I expect my Lions to get back to Austin along with Silsbee out of 3a. You don't get to austin with 3 good players sorry H-J.

Yea I agree to some extent but the best shooter on the team was in foul trouble thru out the game Soph Zay McDaniel don't sleep on him and Sweet Lefty Jack Mcknight could play tomorrow vs Silsbee if not they still have a whole season. I expect my Lions to get back to Austin along with Silsbee out of 3a. You don't get to austin with 3 good players sorry H-J.

It is amazing that you continue to dog a team that has kicked your arse twice in the last two weeks!!!!!  Why can't you just accept the fact that you lost twice to the better team???  You keep saying that Kountze is missing players and this and that excuse, well HJ is playing with 3 kids that have Varsity experience.  Other that Benard, Burrell and Turner you are playing HJ's JV team from last season!!!!  Kountze is a good team and will go far this season again.  I hope that they win state and bring another championship to SE Texas and also give ex-HJ player Duane Joubert another state title!!!!

Kountze may get back to Austin but I don't see it this year.McDaniel is gonna be a player but right now his inexperience is hurting him.He missed 4 or 5 free throws in a row on Tuesday in a crucial time.I hope the Lions do well this season but I think they are gonna have a tough time getting out of region 3.

I REPEAT!!!!!!!  One player fouled on in the 3rd.....that is a coaching mistake having him in!!!!  The others fouled out late in the 4th (less than 4 minutes left on all 3)!!!!!  HJ fouled a kid out and had a couple of others will 3-4 fouls.  Kountze kept shooting jumpers and HJ was driving to the rim!!!!!  Totally different style!!!!

I must have had the wrong # for Zay,I think I had him as #3.At any rate 3 or 30 missed 4 or 5 in a row.Domingo fouled out with 2:55 left in the 3rd.#22 with 3:04 left in the 4th,Mc Daniel(if I have his # right with 1:32 in the 4th,Walker with around 2:00 in the 4th.All that being said Kountze played pretty well just a little out of control early,which led to a 13 point deficit in the 1st caused by some turnovers.They will be the class of 2-a but Silsbee and HJ are the better small school clubs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124