VIDEO...News Report/Coaches Brawl In LL Game

KFDM COOP

I have seen two videos.  One shows a BC coach hitting a Lumberton coach in the head while being held in a head lock by another BC coach. He hit him twice before another Lumberton coach put him in a head lock and restrained him.  I think there is plenty of fault to go around. I have heard(now this part is hear say) of several Lumberton coaches being suspended or put on probation, while a couple that were involved in the brawl received no punishment. If that is true, the "good ole boy" network is alive and well in Lumberton. I have not heard much of any of the BC coaches and their punishment. Why not?

As for talking about it, I think it should be talked about. Sweeping it under the rug really does nothing. I have been a coach. Coaches get all the grief and complaints from parents but very seldom are given ANY credit for a job well done. We all volunteer knowing we assume a lot of responsibility with little or no recognition.  Of the over 2000 people that have viewed this thread, how many have sent an email to a coach thanking him for a job well done? However, now that something bad has happened, EVERYONE has to chime in and say how bad it is. I agree, it is bad, but instead of taking 5 minutes to post a comment, why don't you ALL take 3-4 months out of your busy schedules and COACH A TEAM, WORK A CONSSESSION STAND, or CLEAN A FIELD.

P.S. For those of you that do volunteer, this was not directed at you!

Hey thetragichippy, it appears you get your news from this forum which is very sad. So here is a news flash, the investigation is ongoing and the news report said suspensions for both organizations were handed out. You choose to be selective on what you want to believe just like 99% folks commenting on this.

To all others that are trying to make things worse by trashing the good people of BC & Lumberton, stop throwing around a bunch of rumors.

Hey thetragichippy, it appears you get your news from this forum which is very sad. So here is a news flash, the investigation is ongoing and the news report said suspensions for both organizations were handed out. You choose to be selective on what you want to believe just like 99% folks commenting on this.

To all others that are trying to make things worse by trashing the good people of BC & Lumberton, stop throwing around a bunch of rumors.

News flash, spoke directly to two of the Lumberton Board members tonight and at least 2 BC coaches are suspended for the year and put on probation next year and one suspended indefinitely. If you would of read ALL my post, I only made factual statements because I was at the game. If I gave my 2 cents, I also stated that before my comments. And as of the post I made that you question, no one was talking about BC but a few, but EVERYONE was talking about Lumberton.

The saddest thing of all is, we, the STJFL have been trying to get any news station including KFDM to cover our superbowl games for about 5 years now.  None of them have ever showed an interest in all of the wonderful things that take place every year in the league.  Last year the superbowl had parachuters, foreworks and all kinds of activities for the kids, you think the news crew showed up when asked nope.  But you let one thing happen bad and they are all over it.  I wish we could have gotten this kind of response from the media on all of the great things that have happened in the STJFL not just the one bad.  I guess all the great things the kids do is not important to the media just the stupid things that parents do.

The saddest thing of all is, we, the STJFL have been trying to get any news station including KFDM to cover our superbowl games for about 5 years now.  None of them have ever showed an interest in all of the wonderful things that take place every year in the league.  Last year the superbowl had parachuters, foreworks and all kinds of activities for the kids, you think the news crew showed up when asked nope.  But you let one thing happen bad and they are all over it.  I wish we could have gotten this kind of response from the media on all of the great things that have happened in the STJFL not just the one bad.  I guess all the great things the kids do is not important to the media just the stupid things that parents do.

Switch you hit that one right on the head, the news will not cover the good just the bad .

Do we really want this video spewed all over the internet and every local TV station in the nation?

Amen!  It was a tragic a display that has been dealt with.  Very few people that have been on this earth long enough to be called adults can say they are proud of every decision and action they have taken.  No need to keep pooring salt in the wound by replaying the video!

Do we really want this video spewed all over the internet and every local TV station in the nation?

Amen!  It was a tragic a display that has been dealt with.  Very few people that have been on this earth long enough to be called adults can say they are proud of every decision and action they have taken.  No need to keep pooring salt in the wound by replaying the video!

Some mistakes are worthy of this though and I think this is an example of one.

But how long do you keep it going?  I know inmates that haven't received this much publicity for much more serious offenses.  It seems that these parents have paid dearly for their mistakes.  Besides the news has done a good enough job of showing the video to a much wider audience.  It being posted on this site means people will be going back to it possibly for years!   

Great post!

Even if it worthy of the attention the media is giving it, the kids and the superbowls are also worthy. But where are they for that?

Maybe Copper will see this and they will sned a crew out tomorrow and the Superbowl. I would expect him to show video clips of the kids playing hard and having fun. Thats why we have youth sports. A few bad apples can spoil it for the youth players. I hope cooper will give them something positive.

WOS vs Bridge City plays each other at 1pm. Lumberton and Little Cypress play next, then Nederland and Orangefield, last Nederland and Lumberton. Show some positive things cooper!

Maybe Copper will see this and they will sned a crew out tomorrow and the Superbowl. I would expect him to show video clips of the kids playing hard and having fun. Thats why we have youth sports. A few bad apples can spoil it for the youth players. I hope cooper will give them something positive.

WOS vs Bridge City plays each other at 1pm. Lumberton and Little Cypress play next, then Nederland and Orangefield, last Nederland and Lumberton. Show some positive things cooper!

I thought BC plays the other Lumberton team tomorrow?  That is what I was told by a parent with kids playing on the BC team. I haven't them today but I will and are they still playing at Nederlands Stadium?

I thought BC plays the other Lumberton team tomorrow?  That is what I was told by a parent with kids playing on the BC team. I haven't them today but I will and are they still playing at Nederlands Stadium?

I think all of the games they are talking about are Senior games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa