**West Brook at North Shore Updates**/41-13 NS Wins/Comments

Well, I dont think there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said. I predicted this sort of outcome, and I was right. Hey folks, NS is THAT GOOD. And it wasn't that we played necessarily bad, either. We proved that we could move the ball in the first half, but the wheels came off the bus in the second half. I dont care who we're playing, we wouldn't have a chance to beat PN-G or LC-M with 7 turnovers. THAT, was the difference in the game. Every time we turned the ball over, it put them in great field position and they were able to score. You do the math, if we dont fumble then they dont score, and the score would have been alot closer. Our defense was on the field way too long in the second half. We played a pretty good game, IMO, given the competition. I really liked the fact that our boys came out fired up and focused at the beginning of the game. That was good and we're gonna need the same kind of fire and enthusiasm in the playoffs if we're gonna survive. The bad part was that it didn't last too long, once the second half started. NS put out our fire. The good news is, I think Lopez is going to be OK. Also, there are no more NS's in the playoffs. If Katy Seven Lakes beats Katy Taylor today, then it would force Katy into the Div 1 bracket, so we wouldn't have them to worry about. Go Lakes!!! ;D

Oh yeah, I'm not making any excuses in thinking it would have made a difference in the game, but the refs were definitely biased in this game. We couldn't get a call on NS in the first half at all. In fact, one of NS's LB's horsecollar tackled Jordan Garrett and nothing was called. It would have been nice to get some of those calls. NS is a very physical team, and they will go far in the playoffs. Good luck to the Mustangs.

Oh yeah, I'm not making any excuses in thinking it would have made a difference in the game, but the refs were definitely biased in this game. We couldn't get a call on NS in the first half at all. In fact, one of NS's LB's horsecollar tackled Jordan Garrett and nothing was called. It would have been nice to get some of those calls. NS is a very physical team, and they will go far in the playoffs. Good luck to the Mustangs.

dont think the horse collar penalty is enforced in highschool

78 in a row.  I called that.  28 points, I called that.  The Sho is on another level.  Of course, it helps when your school, thus your pool to pick from is 2:1.  NS and the 5 dwarfs lol.  I told you West Enders Da Sho would run the Bruins of the field.  Some people don't belive poop stinks til they smell it....

Guest WeedBegone

SFA85, you once again show us just how classy you really are. Thanks. I bet you make your parents proud! ::)

Yep, my parents are so proud of their only son.  Shout out to Coach Bowser......

Bowser--now that is a class act.  Great guy, great coach--on and off the field.  Need more just like him. 

Back from a disappointing game.   NS is bigger and more physical than Brook, but, that score is not a true indication of the game.   Turnovers were killers.   I think the stats were not nearly as one-sided as the score.  A couple of turnovers were forced, but most were just plain silly.

Missed handoffs, bad snaps on punts, batted balls, you name it.   Brook D wore down some in the second half, but turnovers kept them on a short field all night.   The Shore is for real, but all is not lost for Brook.    We won't beat many playoff teams with that performance, but there was enough shown to give me confidence that we can play so much better.

Of course, I have been saying that for four weeks.  Maybe they won't be able to put it all together.        :(

May I make a suggestion! Keep your boys out Houston and the surrounding areas of big time football. Schedule your games with Orangefield, LC-M, lUMBERTON and Ozen. ;D

Guest WeedBegone

Back from a disappointing game.   NS is bigger and more physical than Brook, but, that score is not a true indication of the game.   Turnovers were killers.   I think the stats were not nearly as one-sided as the score.  A couple of turnovers were forced, but most were just plain silly.

Missed handoffs, bad snaps on punts, batted balls, you name it.   Brook D wore down some in the second half, but turnovers kept them on a short field all night.   The Shore is for real, but all is not lost for Brook.    We won't beat many playoff teams with that performance, but there was enough shown to give me confidence that we can play so much better.

Of course, I have been saying that for four weeks.  Maybe they won't be able to put it all together.        :(

May I make a suggestion! Keep your boys out Houston and the surrounding areas of big time football. Schedule your games with Orangefield, LC-M, lUMBERTON and Ozen. ;D

I believe that there are quite a few Houston area teams that beg to differ.  You guys only want to remember the one loss per year in the Houston area.  I prefer to savor the victories.  We have sent more H-area teams home than the reverse.  Of course, there has been a few send us home--but we've done some damage --and I hope we continue.  Geeze --give your 5A SETX area team a break.

So  ;D ;D Put that in your peace pipe and smoke it.  ;D ;D

I believe that there are quite a few Houston area teams that beg to differ.  You guys only want to remember the one loss per year in the Houston area.  I prefer to savor the victories.  We have sent more H-area teams home than the reverse.  Of course, there has been a few send us home--but we've done some damage --and I hope we continue.  Geeze --give your 5A SETX area team a break.

So  ;D ;D Put that in your peace pipe and smoke it.   ;D ;D

Okay, I'm busted! I don't consider North Shore a part of Houston anyway.  Go Bruins! As long as you stay outside of Loop 610, I'll root for you :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83