PN-G... What happened this year?????

Guest KHS 89

Co-District Champs 2007 to 1 District win in 2008 - What happened?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Co-District Champs 2007 to 1 District win in 2008 - What happened?

• Poor coaching
    • Sub par talent pool
    • Distractions (new stadium, Hurricanes)
    • Poor play calling
    • Talent not utilized properly
    • All of the above

I'm with shovelhead.  I don't think we can lay most of the blame on the kids.  They are responsible for poor ball handling but ever thing else falls on the shoulders of the coaches.  I think there has been underutilization of some players and the continued overutilization of kids playing both ways.

When you keep doing the same thing every week and it continues to fail why should you expect a different outcome next week?

I think it is a year of less talent that hampered the Indians. They have a couple of really good players that could likely play for anyone but overall they just didn't have it. Compound that with everyone knowing the PNG play calling and almost the entire defense had to be replaced. Many years that doesn't matter since PNG has the people in place to run it. This just wasn't their year. I know that some people are looking to blame someone but some years are just down as far as players with a lot of talent.

Maybe some people think that it is offensive or like belittling the players if someone makes a comment about them. I see that the talent pool is coming in a strong second in the poll and yet no one will make a post about it.

The fact that kids go out and strive to play the game speaks enough about their character whether they are bigger and faster than other teams or not. Each year some teams in the district are going to have better players than other teams. Next year PNG might be at the top of the heap with the same coaches and a different group of kids.

..............I don't think we can lay most of the blame on the kids.  They are responsible for poor ball handling but ever thing else falls on the shoulders of the coaches.........

Therein lies the problem of what I talked about in my other post. I think PNG is down in talent this year but there is no blame involved or shouldn't be. If a player is slower than his counterpart on the other team, there is no blame to be passed. It is just life. Every kid that steps onto the field and gives it his best shot carries no blame no matter the outcome of the games.

I have posted it before but it bears repeating. Teddy Roosevelt's "Man In The Arena". Read it and think of the PNG players and in fact, everyone else that strives in an endeavor whether they fail or not. To say that PNG had a down year in talent does not in any way a criticism. It is the effort that counts.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

An excerpt from a speech by Theodore Roosevelt in April 1910.

Nice excerpt TVC. I did not vote.. There are a lot of factors that go in on a season... yeah some good points were listed but unless you are at practice and are involved in each young man's life you really can not say for certain what the overall problem is. I believe if you walk out on the field and give 100%  100% of the time you can not fail. Giving 105%, 110% 150% doesn't do any good if your only giving it every other play... but 100% all the time you can hold your head up at the end of the day and be proud of what you have done... win or lose... Just my opinion

Turnover after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover ....

I voted all the above. I really dont have an opinion, but I do hope in the end that PNG's fans and supporters stand behind the players, coaches etc... I have always admired the support of the community and wished we only had an ounce of what you guys have. Dont disappoint all of us who wish we had your fan base! Stick to your team, and support them. They will bounce back. True fans never leave!!!

We support you and hope the best for PNG..at least I do..lol GO INDIANS!!!!

[move]KIRBYVILL VS. NEWTON...GAME OF THE YEAR...BE THERE!!!![/move]

I have to agree that PN-G's fans are awesome.  Football is still a team game regardless of how good the players are.  Yes a great player can dominate in High School and sometimes in college, but the talent pool remains largely the same from year to year.  However, sometimes the talent pool doesn't match the systems the coaches have in place and it's on the COACHES to change that system to better fit the talents of their players.  When they don't do that you'll see seasons like the one PN-G is having.  You're not going to be able to line up and run the ball down someone's throat play after play, year after year.  That offense hasn't been updated since WWII and the players there are not a good fit for the system this year.  PN-G will be back...no one can have a fan base like that and continue to suck!!

That's true TVC, their talent is down, they have a 9th grade class that will be competitive, but other than that, it's pretty ugly.

Pretty sure the JV's only loss this year was a 29-28 game against Lumberton. And there are 5 large Sophomores on Varsity as well.

Much of the defense from this year will return. Deron and Segura return at WR and Harmon returns in the back field as does Raggio. The line will have to be retooled, but fom what I hear that was a strong point at the JV level this year.

Guest rykerx144

Turnover after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover  after Turnover ....

a few turnovers can be attributed to young players but if they had that many turnovers then it becomes a coaching issue i think

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami