West Brook vs. #2 North Shore Predictions?

This is Dave Campbells prediction on the game Friday.

No. 8 Beaumont West Brook (6-0, 4-0 in 21-5A) at No. 2 North Shore (7-0, 4-0)

No team in our Top 25 has elicited more reader feedback than West Brook. The criticism is always the same: How did West Brook remain a highly-ranked team despite not playing during a four-week period? It's hard to penalize a team that had no choice in playing or not playing -- Hurricane Ike left West Brook without recourse. Weather wiped away West Brook's best chance to prove its worth, canceling games against Katy, Westfield and Aldine Eisenhower. But North Shore will make up for what West Brook missed in that three-game stretch. And recent results indicate North Shore is the favorite. Take the Baytown schools (Lee and Sterling) for proof: North Shore beat them by a combined score of 97-10, while it was a less decisive 63-36 margin in West Brook's favor.

Padilla Poll says: North Shore by 11

Jerry's TXFB Ratings says: North Shore by 18

TexasFootball.com says: North Shore 31, West Brook 23

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this interesting. It would be nice to not have to see Katy in the third round, and it may happen. Mayde Creek and Seven Lakes are both favored in their 17-5A matchups this week. If both win, Katy will move up to the DI bracket, which could possibly put Katy in position to play Aldine Eisenhower in the second round -- if Katy beats Cinco Ranch. Thus leaving West Brook as the clear favorite in Div 2.

ive been paying close attention to that district cause it really would be the toughest game to play katy

I found this interesting. It would be nice to not have to see Katy in the third round, and it may happen. Mayde Creek and Seven Lakes are both favored in their 17-5A matchups this week. If both win, Katy will move up to the DI bracket, which could possibly put Katy in position to play Aldine Eisenhower in the second round -- if Katy beats Cinco Ranch. Thus leaving West Brook as the clear favorite in Div 2.

ive been paying close attention to that district cause it really would be the toughest game to play katy

Gotta get through NS first, young grasshopper! Besided, I honestly dont believe there will be anybody in Div 2 that will come close to the level of play we'll see from NS. Not to mention, if Katy goes into Div 2, they will prolly face a tough Humble team in the second round. So we might not get to see them anyway. Our main objective is to survive the NS game without any key injuries. If we do that, win or lose, we should be in good shape for what I hope is a DEEEEEEP playoff run! But it would be nice to not have to worry about Katy!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami