What's it gonna take to get PNG back on track???

ndnfan

24x7, you are on to something about kids moving in and out.  Folks see what's going on in one place or another and they want to be a part of it.  I think people are going to want to be a part of what's going on in Lumberton, they aren't going away, they will be the next powerhouse football team in this area. 

I totally agree with you, Penny.  PNG and Nederland are losing kids to Lumberton.  I have more and more friends moving over there because of the school district and the sports.  Whether people on this board want to believe it or not, as was mentioned earlier, Lumberton's youth programs are second to none.  Lumberton will be the powerhouse in our district very soon.  I applaud them and their coaches, teachers, parents that work so hard and are there for their students.  Midcounty is going to have to change, and change SOON to keep these families in our area.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2

Priorities mixed up? How can you say that when the one of the parents work in Nederland for several kid's that have left or planning on leaving. I don't think PNGISD is better than NISD. The kid's will get better coaching in athletics and they don't lose anything in academics. It is flatout embarrassing to watch the coaching that these kid's get at GMS and from what I've heard at PNMS. Last night for instance I was in Nederland to watch GMS vs. CMS. First I was watching the 8th grade "B" game and GMS had about 8 fumbles to go with about 6 penalties. I heard a guy say this looks like the varsity playing. He may have been right because the head coach is the same guy next to Burnett on Friday nights keeping notes for Burnett. The blocking and tackling was terrible. The score was not near as bad as it could have been but GMS lost 20-0. Then I watched the 8th grade "A" game and before the game started people were complaining about how their kid's have not gotten any coaching this year. One lady was worried about the safety of her kid because she said that he plays every play of their games. I guess she was on to something because later on her kid was hauled off the field in an ambulance. The first 5 times that Nederland touched the ball they scored. When I say the first 5 times they TOUCHED the ball thats whats I mean, except one time they called a punt back so they just handed off on the next play and the kid scored. It was 30-0 in a half of a quarter (4 min.). The final was 44-0 which is the normal score for this team and they still have not scored a TD this season. Parents were saying that they heard their kid's saying that they did not have a coach. One of the kid's went home telling his parents about 4 of the 7th graders were going to play in the "A AND B" game. Only problem is one of the kid's had a problem with that was one of the kid's had not played a game this season due to, too many zeros,suspension, and supposedly too drunk to go to school. Most of the kid's and coaches know this kid does drugs and drinks liquor with kid's at the HS. The kid's said that this kid had no business playing at all and this from the kid who plays every play of every game (which I would call one of the team leaders). The "B" team had been doing very good up until last night, they put this "kid" who has a lot of problems at QB and all that did was run right,run left,fumble. Why the kid who has done very good at QB was sitting on the bench watching. I'm sure the kid's got a real good message there (alcohol and drugs are o.k. at GMS). So who is responsible ? I believe it goes back to the head man who assigns these kind of coaches). The same thing goes on at the HS level and coaches let it happen and the one's suffering are the kid's at all levels who put grades,nights out ,and not getting into trouble ahead of everything else. The HS level is loaded with enough good kid's to get rid of the bad one's. So I see that the Junior high coaches has studied very well. When is the embarrassment going to stop?

Guest gladiator2

At last night's game (GMS vs. CMS), after I had left the fans and parents in the stands were giving Coach Noble's hell. I guess after the kid got carted off the field the parents could not hold it in after 2 seasons of what they called patheic coaching. This has been there for 2 years and it has been the worst in the history of GMS. Over here in the PNGISD, this is how you get promoted to the high school level of coaching. Some of the parnets from Nederland were apoligizing to parents from Groves after the game. When was the last time you heard someone apoligizing to someone after winning a game. Again, this is how embarrassing it has gotten in the PNGISD.  I heard that there would be phone calls and emails to the leaders of the PNGISD.

It was pretty cool to be able to watch the replays after each play, on every play CMS had kid's in the backfield untouched. These kid's have not been taught their responsibilities and have not practiced any either. This group of kid's are not the most talented but you would think that most teams have put their backups in after halftime(due to the score) and they still have not scored a TD.

Guest Brubaker

24x7k, you forgot to add the part about Central being the far weaker team in Nederland.  This wasn't CO beating the snot out of you, it was Central.  Things looking pretty rough in PNG.

Guest gladiator2

It really does not matter who the 8th grade "A" team plays, the score is normally pretty bad. I really didn't need to state which team was better because each team beat our 8th grade "A" team pretty bad. C.O. beat GMS earlier in the season 47 -0 and CMS won 51-0 so anyway you see it was some a--kicking going on. I am glad I don't have a kid having to endure these kinds of beatings every week. If I am correct the lowest score that they were beaten by was 28-0 against Vidor's worst team. I know a lot of the parent's from this team and they know that their kid's will be going to high school with no knowledge gained from playing football the last 2 seasons at GMS. I don't know how I would handle this if one of my kid's were on this team with this kind of coaching. Honestly, I would have flipped my lid by now. One guy said that he wanted to go and coach his son on the sidelines because he wasn't getting any coaching from his coaches. Another one said that the coaches seem more occupied trying to get everyone in the game vs. coaching the team. There were a few parents who were just happy because their kid played. The High School is going to be in a lot of trouble if they don't start paying attention to the middle schools. These kid's are just falling way behind kid's at other schools. The head coach is suppose to be a basketball guy and last year I watched some of their games and was amazed at some of the scores (46-4)(56-6). I had never seen anything compared to this not in any level of basketball or football until this football season. When teams get beat this bad there is no way that they are prepared. I don't care if they don't have any talent at all, there is no way a team gets beat this bad every week without ever scoring against the other teams backups. This should be a red flag to anyone in the PNGISD. 

It really does not matter who the 8th grade "A" team plays, the score is normally pretty bad. I really didn't need to state which team was better because each team beat our 8th grade "A" team pretty bad. C.O. beat GMS earlier in the season 47 -0 and CMS won 51-0 so anyway you see it was some a--kicking going on. I am glad I don't have a kid having to endure these kinds of beatings every week. If I am correct the lowest score that they were beaten by was 28-0 against Vidor's worst team. I know a lot of the parent's from this team and they know that their kid's will be going to high school with no knowledge gained from playing football the last 2 seasons at GMS. I don't know how I would handle this if one of my kid's were on this team with this kind of coaching. Honestly, I would have flipped my lid by now. One guy said that he wanted to go and coach his son on the sidelines because he wasn't getting any coaching from his coaches. Another one said that the coaches seem more occupied trying to get everyone in the game vs. coaching the team. There were a few parents who were just happy because their kid played. The High School is going to be in a lot of trouble if they don't start paying attention to the middle schools. These kid's are just falling way behind kid's at other schools. The head coach is suppose to be a basketball guy and last year I watched some of their games and was amazed at some of the scores (46-4)(56-6). I had never seen anything compared to this not in any level of basketball or football until this football season. When teams get beat this bad there is no way that they are prepared. I don't care if they don't have any talent at all, there is no way a team gets beat this bad every week without ever scoring against the other teams backups. This should be a red flag to anyone in the PNGISD. 

Is there a lack of talent there or is all the coaches fault.  Just wondering

I can promise you there is not a lack of talent. Look accross the area at what PN-G kids are doing in baseball. Watch what our varsity baseball team does the next three years. These kids at all ages perform well, show disipline, and are very athletic. The key factor is coaching. Our football coaches are handcuffed, the middle schools only have two fulltime coaches and limited time. The high school coaches are then forced to teach fundamentals from the beginning. We have junior league football now but this just started a few years ago. We should have all these football experts hold camps and teach fundamental before the kids reach middle school. Why does Dustin Long not come in and host a summer camp at PN-G? I am sure parents would be willing to pay for this training.

png will have as much talent as anyone the next three years or probably the most since the late 90's.as for the middle schools the 7th grade groups will be fine.i cant figure out the 8th grade situation.i know we have a good group at pnms but we have not played a complete game all year.who's fault??not sure.i do know that the pn kids are excited about pairing up with the groves kids next year and i dont see kids leaving.in fact this years freshmen group is the largest class in a long time and the 8th and 7th are big classes.hopefully the groves kids look at next year as a fresh start and come ready to play.pnms has talent.that was shown in 7 on 7 against some top teams at state this year.weve struggled with blocking and tackling(overall toughness).i personally believe we arent tough enough on our kids but when they get to coach stone that changes.c o is loaded,probably the best 8th grade team ive seen but they play very few kids.pnms plays there whole roster and its hurt them.we have 3 coaches compared to 4 at most other middle schools and in pn our line coach(which is our weakness)sits all practices so we have 2 able bodied coaches.cant speak for groves but they were loaded last year.juan r coached those boys so they couldnt be messed up.last point ill make is no one quits football at the middle schools.to me thats says its to easy.

png will have as much talent as anyone the next three years or probably the most since the late 90's.as for the middle schools the 7th grade groups will be fine.i cant figure out the 8th grade situation.i know we have a good group at pnms but we have not played a complete game all year.who's fault??not sure.i do know that the pn kids are excited about pairing up with the groves kids next year and i dont see kids leaving.in fact this years freshmen group is the largest class in a long time and the 8th and 7th are big classes.hopefully the groves kids look at next year as a fresh start and come ready to play.pnms has talent.that was shown in 7 on 7 against some top teams at state this year.weve struggled with blocking and tackling(overall toughness).i personally believe we arent tough enough on our kids but when they get to coach stone that changes.c o is loaded,probably the best 8th grade team ive seen but they play very few kids.pnms plays there whole roster and its hurt them.we have 3 coaches compared to 4 at most other middle schools and in pn our line coach(which is our weakness)sits all practices so we have 2 able bodied coaches.cant speak for groves but they were loaded last year.juan r coached those boys so they couldnt be messed up.last point ill make is no one quits football at the middle schools.to me thats says its to easy.

One correction, CO Wilson has played their second team at least one quarter every game. Some games they played most of the second half. That has been going on for two years now. And it shows when the back-ups come in. They look pretty good. They have had that advantage because of some huge leads.

I did see your line coach sitting their at half time while the other coaches were talking to the kids in the end zone. I can surely say that is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in my life. That, in my opinion is enough to smoke MB. The Athletic director is over all athletics and that is completely unacceptable.

That's why I started this thread.  There are lots of opinions out there and most not favorable.  I know that its been a rough time at the Rez this week.  Coaches are catching lots of #$&^ from parents.  Some players are sick of playing both ways and lots of parents are backing them.  You've got senior parents screaming whose kids haven't stepped on the field this year.  And I'm talking about seniors who have been on varsity a couple of years.  Talked to a player's dad this week and some college scouts are talking to these same seniors based on what they are seeing at practice, but yet these guys haven't been on the field all year.  What are they seeing that the coaches aren't? 

Based on Jr High history this was a team that was supposed to go a long way and they've hit a brick wall.  IMHO, this is more than just an off year.

Guest Brubaker

Alot of that is wishful thinking.  I watched PNG play this year, they aren't that good, lack speed in many positions.  I have a hard time believing a dad's comment that a college is recruiting them when a coach that took a team to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP isn't playing him.  Somethings wrong over there, but I think you have to look deeper than the coaching staff.  It's an easy scape goat, but there's something else. 

Alot of that is wishful thinking.  I watched PNG play this year, they aren't that good, lack speed in many positions.  I have a hard time believing a dad's comment that a college is recruiting them when a coach that took a team to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP isn't playing him.  Somethings wrong over there, but I think you have to look deeper than the coaching staff.  It's an easy scape goat, but there's something else. 

Hate to disagree, but the recruiting issue is a fact.  This dad was at the practice (like many other NDN dads) this week when some of the scouts were there and talked to them.  He said the scouts were scratching their heads about it too!

Guest Brubaker

This is truly ridiculous.  If there are College FREEAKiN coaches recruiting a kid who's sitting the bench, then PNG has no hope of making the playoffs again.  This is a litmus test for your community.  Either you believe that the players this year really just aren't that good, or at least haven't played well enough.  Or you think that they guy who led you to a State Championship game has lost his frikkin mind.  I don't buy the comment that a college coach is recruiting a bench warmer... gonna take a lot more evidence than a post on a board.  I think, this is what the TRUE problem is in PNG, a failure to acknowledge the facts.

This is truly ridiculous.  If there are College FREEAKiN coaches recruiting a kid who's sitting the bench, then PNG has no hope of making the playoffs again.  This is a litmus test for your community.  Either you believe that the players this year really just aren't that good, or at least haven't played well enough.  Or you think that they guy who led you to a State Championship game has lost his frikkin mind.  I don't buy the comment that a college coach is recruiting a bench warmer... gonna take a lot more evidence than a post on a board.  I think, this is what the TRUE problem is in PNG, a failure to acknowledge the facts.

Brubaker, I didn't say any of this makes sense.  Historically speaking, PNG athletics as a whole has been known to have a one track mind set.  If at first a choice doesn't succeed, they keep on and on hoping to be redeemed at the end.  There have been many PNG bench warmers over the years, that if they attended a different school, we would have seen them on college teams later.  Please attend some practices, talk to other there before you make up your mind.  I stand by my facts.  I will be attending the game tomorrow and will talk to some players myself because I have access.

Guest Brubaker

Okay, your access to the players tells me enough, you will have a hard time being objective and seeing reality.  Look I don't wish bad on PNG, but that community is getting dillusional with it's conspiracy theories and excuses for what's gone wrong.  Suck it up and admit that it just ain't there year.  They may bounce back next year with better players under the same staff.

Brubaker you give credit to our head coach for  leading the way to state but if you were at our games and a fan of our team you would know that he was not the main reason we went to state. A certain QBs dad called the offensive plays not the head coach. The QB called the plays at the line. Credit our HC for the defense but not the offense. I know nothing of the college recruiting that you all are talking about but above is something that all PN-G fans know.

One correction, CO Wilson has played their second team at least one quarter every game. Some games they played most of the second half. That has been going on for two years now. And it shows when the back-ups come in. They look pretty good. They have had that advantage because of some huge leads.

I did see your line coach sitting their at half time while the other coaches were talking to the kids in the end zone. I can surely say that is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in my life. That, in my opinion is enough to smoke MB. The Athletic director is over all athletics and that is completely unacceptable.

you mean to tell me the coach was sitting down at half time.  that is terrible, give me a break so what that he was sitting down

That's a good point, but I am mistaken or is MB not the actual AD at PNG?  I thought I remembered hearing that he was not the AD.  If he is not, who is?

That's why I started this thread.  There are lots of opinions out there and most not favorable.  I know that its been a rough time at the Rez this week.  Coaches are catching lots of #$&^ from parents.  Some players are sick of playing both ways and lots of parents are backing them.  You've got senior parents screaming whose kids haven't stepped on the field this year.  And I'm talking about seniors who have been on varsity a couple of years.  Talked to a player's dad this week and some college scouts are talking to these same seniors based on what they are seeing at practice, but yet these guys haven't been on the field all year.  What are they seeing that the coaches aren't? 

Based on Jr High history this was a team that was supposed to go a long way and they've hit a brick wall.  IMHO, this is more than just an off year.

it is amazing how dumb burnett got from one year to the next, I see what is wrong with PNG, a dad said, come on that is amazing that you are going by what a dad said.  a scout said something at practice

MB is the AD at PNG for the boys. Barbara Comeaux is girls AD.

That State Championship game was almost 10 years ago and since Mike Long left PNG has had one playoff appearance.

My nephew played on that State Runner Up team in '99 and when asked about the offense he said MB was clueless. He said that when a play was called Matt would ask what it was ("what are we doing"). I attended quite a few practices that year and Mike Long was clearly running that offense. Matt had no part of it. But what that allowed Matt to do was focus on the defense (linebackers primarily) and that is his specialty. That defense was salty and those linebackers were allways in the right spot.

This is what most of us at PNG want to see happen again. I don't want Matt gone, just want an established play caller with some imagination to be given the keys to the offensive car and allowed to drive it alone, without being told which way to go. Then Matt can go back to doing what he does better than most coaches in this area, coaching defense.

As far as talent this year. We have a Very good QB, Two backs near the district rushing lead, a 6'3" WR with great hands and athleticism and another very good WR across from him. We have run playaction maybe three times all season with big success! Why only a few times?? Granted the talent on defense is young, we knew that going in, but this maybe the most overall talent on offense since Dustin Long's Sr. year. The problem is not the talent. The problem is that the opposing defense knows what we are doing before the ball is snapped. I don't care how talented you are, if they know your play they have won half the battle already.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83