EVADALE VS. HIGH ISLAND PREDICTIONS!!!

Guest theburn21

Looks like someone is trying to bait me into getting into a war of words, but it will not happen. >:(

Predictions are exactly what they are supposed to be, ones own gut feeling and best guess.  Some predictions are based on what happened the year before, some are based on ones opinion of the opposing team and still some or based on the feeling of School Pride that wells up inside of you in hopes that this is the game that changes things around. 

If any of you know me, then you know that I am a fan of the game, wether it be Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track or Tennis.  I enjoy watching athletes compete at the purest form of athletic competition.  High School athletics and athletic programs are an important part of creating an understanding that team building, trust, discipline and dedication are essential to achieving something greater than ones own self.  With that being said, I will support the High Island Cardinals until the day that I die.  While I do enjoy watching and celebrating a Cardinal victory, I also feel the anguish and disappointment the athletes feel when they lose.  After the end of any game that High Island plays, I try to make it a point to congratulate the opposing team win or lose and speak to the players and tell them that I enjoyed watching them play and encourage them when it is needed.  Some of you who are reading this can remember a time that I have shaken your hand and told you how I thought you played a good game.  I can talk smack with the best of them, but I do not chose to do so on this board.  Over the years, I have seen what trash talking and mouthing have done to teams and athletic programs. 

My only goal is to give the athletes that view this web site and follow the threads an opportunity to read something that is positive and uplifting.  These athletes will carry the memories of each one of their games with them for the rest of their lives.  When some of theses young men and women go off to college, they will actually have classes and live in dorms with some of same ones that they played sports against in high school.  Relationships will be formed and memories will be shared with laughter.  The enemies that you think you have today will be some of your best friends in the future.  You will learn that the ones you may not have liked did not have a problem with you, but disliked one of your team mates. 

On a lighter note,

Fighting Cardinal team.......disregard everything that I have written above and receive the Rebels with open arms next Saturday and Whoop the snot out of 'em! ;D ;D ;D

I wish the Rebels all of the luck in the world.  Do I think they will score 63 points on us?  NO WAY!

One Day At A Time CARDINALS!!

Go CARDINALS!!!

Nice Post!!!

Looks like someone is trying to bait me into getting into a war of words, but it will not happen. >:(

Predictions are exactly what they are supposed to be, ones own gut feeling and best guess.  Some predictions are based on what happened the year before, some are based on ones opinion of the opposing team and still some or based on the feeling of School Pride that wells up inside of you in hopes that this is the game that changes things around. 

If any of you know me, then you know that I am a fan of the game, wether it be Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track or Tennis.  I enjoy watching athletes compete at the purest form of athletic competition.  High School athletics and athletic programs are an important part of creating an understanding that team building, trust, discipline and dedication are essential to achieving something greater than ones own self.  With that being said, I will support the High Island Cardinals until the day that I die.  While I do enjoy watching and celebrating a Cardinal victory, I also feel the anguish and disappointment the athletes feel when they lose.  After the end of any game that High Island plays, I try to make it a point to congratulate the opposing team win or lose and speak to the players and tell them that I enjoyed watching them play and encourage them when it is needed.  Some of you who are reading this can remember a time that I have shaken your hand and told you how I thought you played a good game.  I can talk smack with the best of them, but I do not chose to do so on this board.  Over the years, I have seen what trash talking and mouthing have done to teams and athletic programs. 

My only goal is to give the athletes that view this web site and follow the threads an opportunity to read something that is positive and uplifting.  These athletes will carry the memories of each one of their games with them for the rest of their lives.  When some of theses young men and women go off to college, they will actually have classes and live in dorms with some of same ones that they played sports against in high school.  Relationships will be formed and memories will be shared with laughter.  The enemies that you think you have today will be some of your best friends in the future.  You will learn that the ones you may not have liked did not have a problem with you, but disliked one of your team mates. 

On a lighter note,

Fighting Cardinal team.......disregard everything that I have written above and receive the Rebels with open arms next Saturday and Whoop the snot out of 'em! ;D ;D ;D

I wish the Rebels all of the luck in the world.  Do I think they will score 63 points on us?  NO WAY!

Go CARDINALS!!!

Well written, you and the Yeller should get toghether and have coffee... ;D  just kidding, but I hope the Rebs offer the same snot slinger to the Cards...in a sporty kind of way!  :D

On a lighter note,

Go CARDINALS!!!

Well written, you and the Yeller should get toghether and have coffee... ;D   just kidding, but I hope the Rebs offer the same snot slinger to the Cards...in a sporty kind of way!  :D

I AGREE ;D ;D

On a lighter note,

Go CARDINALS!!!

Great post I can tell you out there that this man speaks from his heart about the Fighting Cards. I had the pleasure of attending High Island with this Football fan and am proud of how he is working so hard to keep our Fighting Cards going. I dont live in HI anymore but still feel for the team when it has a bad year. Cardinal fan and I had the pleasure of being there in the 80's  when the Fighting Cards were in the playoffs almost every year, keep cheering Cardinal fan I will be doing the same. Depending on Baseball schedule this week I may see you there!!!

Evadale should take this one but you never know what will happen. West Hardin made some mistakes but still came out on top. but HI does have potential

my prediction:

Evadale 42

HI 26

The time has come.  The Evadale Rebels should be arriving in High Island at any moment.  Two hours from kickoff, two hours to see if the Cardinals can pull off the upset of District 23A.  Prediction have been made and defended by everyone who cares anything about today's match up.  With a perfect record and ultimate District Championship implications riding on todays game for the Rebels, the Fighting Cardinals are not going to hold anything back.  Beating the Rebels today will be, sorry about that; would be a great moment for the Cardinals.  As the Cardinals design a template to beat the Rebel Defense today, West Hardin will be in the stands scouting Evadale for their game next week.  This should be an exciting District match up. 

Go CARDINALS!!!

Cardinal Fans

CONGRATS to all of HI and the Cardinal fans! Your team fought hard and made it a game from the outset. I was impressed by the halftime presentation and who could not be impressed by the efforts of your emergency responders during Ike. Your team and your fans did themselves proud by the fight they put up today.

On a totally different note keep the district informed as to possible needs that might arise in the near future. Ike is fading from the memory for most of us, but we know that you guys live it every day. If we could pass along needs that the community has we all might be able to help. Some are Rebels, some are Cardinals, but we are all Southeast Texans!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476