20-4A Rushing Leaders

raid07

Name                              Team                Att          Yds          Yds/Att            TD

Jacob Hanna                  Lumberton              77          604            7.84                8 

Wareall Grogan                Nederland              76          575            7.57                8

James White                  Beaumont Ozen        97            548            5.65                3 

Joshua Wright            Port Neches-Groves      86            531            6.17                6 

Theron Reynolds                Vidor                  71            491            6.92                3 

Name                               Team                 Att           Yds           Yds/Att            TD

Jacob Hanna                   Lumberton              77           604            7.84                8 

Wareall Grogan                Nederland               76           575            7.57                8

James White                   Beaumont Ozen        97            548            5.65                3 

Joshua Wright             Port Neches-Groves      86            531            6.17                6 

Theron Reynolds                Vidor                   71            491             6.92                3 

Hanna also starts at DE. Not to bad for playing both ways. Him and Grogan will be fighting for the # 1 position, stats are almost the exact same

Yeah...Hanna has filled the gap left by Hussey...And to play both ways and do it is exceptional...I can't help but be a little leery of stats though...Having worked for several years as a sportswriter, I found out pretty quick just how inaccurate stats can be...It never failed that, after a game, several of us would have stats that didn't agree and, the team stat guy was usually the worst (usually a kid who was too busy "chatting" to be keeping stats).

Until then, I never realized how "off" stats could be...I couldn't tell you how many times (in the press box), I would hear "Who ran that Bob?"..."I think it was #33."..."OK, I'll give it to him." I recall watching a game between Silsbee/Lumberton about 8-10 years ago when Detrice Spearman was at Silsbee...I have no doubt that mine and the reporter next to me were pretty accurate...We both had him with something like 20 rushes for over 200 yards...I was asked for his stats for the post-game show on one of the local TV stations...I gave them and then watched the broadcast only to see him credited with like 15 rushes for 130 yards...When I asked, I was told our stats just didn't jive with the team stats...The reason why was probably because we were ACTUALLY watching the game (play by play)...This is especially true for QB's...If the stat guy doesn't notice the QB went out for a play or two, he'll just automatically credit the stats to the same QB...It's crazy...Now, every time I see a stat, I cringe..Especially when it involves breaking a record (rushing/passing, etc.) because I know that it may be hogwash.

Just a rant from me on one of my pet-peeves...If I hear a running back has run for say 1000 yards, I know that he could have run for as little as 800 up to, possibly, 1200...Who knows?...If you don't believe me, try it...Go to the next game and keep your own stats and then compare them with all of the local media, etc....Sometimes, it will be fairly close but there will usually be one that is way out...Whose to say that's not the one that gets used for the "big broadcast" or the record books?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont