Hanna

as i said in a previous post on a different thread

"sorry i cant give hanna a break, he showed no respect whatsoever for our players or fans, one instance was when he got like a 20 or 30 yard run or so, ran out of bounds and started taunting the vidor fans by waving his hands around like he was trying to say you can't touch me or something, which of course got him booed for the rest of the night, and after we started dominating them he got very agitated and started acting foolishly, he had a few personal fould on him, and another personal foul that got him thrown out at the end of the game, i don't know what he said to that ref, but he was immediately thrown out, he must have said something pretty bad, because you almost never see an ejection in a highschool football game, especially with 36 seconds left..."

I said this to a Lumberton coach after the game, I dont agree with whatever he did but it is understandable he was frustrated. He ran his tail off tonight and was very, very impressive. He is not scared to take on a hit.

He was very upset on the field after the game and Vidor's Jeff Mathews went to him and said words into his ear while Hanna was kneeled down.

Everyone, EVERYONE, makes mistakes in frustration. Lumberton is a respectable team and Im sure Hanna is just the same. He did all he could to help his team win a football game and when it came time to realize his hard work would be for a loss, the worst came out. It happens to even the best of people.

I said this to a Lumberton coach after the game, I dont agree with whatever he did but it is understandable he was frustrated. He ran his tail off tonight and was very, very impressive. He is not scared to take on a hit.

He was very upset on the field after the game and Vidor's Jeff Mathews went to him and said words into his ear while Hanna was kneeled down.

Everyone, EVERYONE, makes mistakes in frustration. Lumberton is a respectable team and Im sure Hanna is just the same. He did all he could to help his team win a football game and when it came time to realize his hard work would be for a loss, the worst came out. It happens to even the best of people.

i agree man, totally 100%,

but dang, he was doin that kind of stuff all night

I just talked to my buddy and his son starts for Lumberton. He said that the reason he got thrown out was because a player from vidor was cursing at Hanna and Hanna asked the ref if he was going to throw the flag. The ref said yup your out of the game. Theres alot that goes on the field that nobody in the stand knows.

I dont mind a little showmanship, a lot of teams and a lot of players do it at every level. He was never pushing anyone after runs or throwing the ball down or things of that nature. Now at the end w/e he did to get thrown out is uncalled for but unharmful showmanship is done in almost every game. Its become a part of sports, just keep it in good nature.

I just talked to my buddy and his son starts for Lumberton. He said that the reason he got thrown out was because a player from vidor was cursing at Hanna and Hanna asked the ref if he was going to throw the flag. The ref said yup your out of the game. Theres alot that goes on the field that nobody in the stand knows.

ohh come on now, we all know that did not happen...

Sorry, I don't buy it for even a split second.

I dont mind a little showmanship, a lot of teams and a lot of players do it at every level. He was never pushing anyone after runs or throwing the ball down or things of that nature. Now at the end w/e he did to get thrown out is uncalled for but unharmful showmanship is done in almost every game. Its become a part of sports, just keep it in good nature.

i saw a few times where he intentionally threw the ball at the refs feet after making a run

I know J Hanna very well he plays with everything he has. 90% of the time this is a great thing 10% of the time he makes the bad mistakes like yelling or talking to the Refs. I would take J Hanna to start a team anytime. Before we start talking bad about ONE young man lets remember that there was a few Vidor players that were making hand waves towards the Raiders fans. I can understand this and dont have a bad feeling towards these young men because I understand it was emotion I love seeing emotion, its Football not       Ping-pong.

I know J Hanna very well he plays with everything he has. 90% of the time this is a great thing 10% of the time he makes the bad mistakes like yelling or talking to the Refs. I would take J Hanna to start a team anytime. Before we start talking bad about ONE young man lets remember that there was a few Vidor players that were making hand waves towards the Raiders fans. I can understand this and dont have a bad feeling towards these young men because I understand it was emotion I love seeing emotion, its Football not       Ping-pong.

hey!!! watch what you say about ping-pong!!!

the guy ran extremely hard all night and never quit

really i can't say for sure but when i played i did some dumb stuff to get my players pumped up...

he was running all over us and having a great game...

just got a little excited...

But you can't call him a bad kid much less a bad football player...

i think he will easily make all district and good luck to him and lumberton...

coach creuder is a good coach and i promise this kid wont have this problem anymore...

I know J Hanna very well he plays with everything he has. 90% of the time this is a great thing 10% of the time he makes the bad mistakes like yelling or talking to the Refs. I would take J Hanna to start a team anytime. Before we start talking bad about ONE young man lets remember that there was a few Vidor players that were making hand waves towards the Raiders fans. I can understand this and don't have a bad feeling towards these young men because I understand it was emotion I love seeing emotion, its Football not       Ping-pong.

I do believe that wasn't to the crowd that was back to Hanna who had done that our sideline after being tackled on one of his runs. The guy runs like a truck, and plays with a lot of emotion. But you still have to keep your composure and not get those PFs on you.... It hurts the teams morale more than it does loosing the yards... His first personal foul was from when a Vidor player was trying to help him up after a tackle and he got up and shoved him...

Guest LR1969

Like iwonsee, I know Jacob's family. In fact, they're neighbors of mine and I can assure you that he comes from a respectable family who will, no doubt, be on his case about any over-emotion he may have shown. I don't approve of his behavior anymore than the rest of you but I do feel there is some degree of hypocrasy in this thread. I mean, it's perfectly okay to become excited and emotionally charged in a forum, from the comfort of a computer chair, yet a kid on a football field, among the sweat, blood and adrenaline rush, is supposed to be able to turn off his emotions. Give me a break. I have a hard enough time doing that at work (ha). I am not excusing his behavior. It was out of line but, remember, the catalyst for his behavior was pure intensity and a desire to give 100% on the field. It's that kind of emotion that keeps us talking in this forum. So, again, I'm not condoing his behavior (hate to keep saying that) but I do realize the intense pressure placed on him to keep Lumberton in the hunt. He is a talented young man who will hopefully learn from this experience and be a better man someday for it.