Duck Season

Guest beat-em_deep

A little humor for ya'll.  Back in 2001, we were hunting our lease on 1985.  We were sitting in the grass on the levees.  My buddy had a one year old black lab, who had good potential.  The dog was bolting into the water when he heard the safeties go off on the shotguns, and he flushed the ducks away.  My buddy decided to chain him to the bucket he was sitting on.  A group of teal flew in and the dog bolted, tightening the chain, pulling the bucket from under my friend.  The bucket, attached to the chain attached to the lab went into the water...all the contents in the bucket went into the water.  My freind went into the water on his back, filled his waders up, dunked his shotgun, lost his shells, calls, binos, his cap, etc.  We expected him to shoot the lab, but his gun was submerged, he was wet and cold and then he let out a barage of expletives.  The six of us laughed the hardest we have ever laughed to the point of crying!  Have some fun out there.

Rumor has it (OR just my wishful thinking!!) that much of the marsh grassland has been salt water killed so the ducks will stay further North. PS Dear Ducks,,, Please come back to Rayburn!!

Teal season has been one of the better ones so far.

Good Luck to everyone.

BucketSitR

Hunting is good at Rayburn, how about a little heads-up for a Dayton boy.

Heard reports of limits both up north and down south. My cousin had 4 of the best hunts he has had in 20 years while he was on Tealcation from IKE. 10 minute limits. He said one limit took him 30 minutes cause 15 were taken up by his "puppy" getting after his first crippled bird. He wishes he had a video camera. Said he also saw several flights of greenheads one morning.

Maybe the action will continue and i can find time to make a hunt.

Guest beat-em_deep

where at on Rayburn cause me and my cousin and a friend want to go saturday but have never hunted up there before. we have only fished a ton.. so any ideas or tips on where to go and what to do would be helpful and appreciated. =P

• 4 weeks later...

i hunted the day after ike hit..i hunted the ricefields and i still limited out on teal as well as the next day and day after so it really didnt effect it that much..but i also used to hunt the marshes around here but there pretty much destroyed so i figure the ducks will stay a little more north this year so i have been checkin out the lakes so if anyone has any advice on hunting the lakesi would certianly appreciate it....

Guest beat-em_deep

The actual refuge will remained closed throughout the season BUT middleton and pace tract are to open back up to the public December 13 ..

They reccommend you going to scout them if you are going to be hunting due to debris they will have most of it either removed or marked .. You will be able to scout Thursday December 11 and Friday December 12 during daylight hours only.

got 5 gadwalls, 2 pintails, 3 teal, 4 ringnecks, and 2 spoonbills open weekend

Where at the lakes area? or what

duck lease in devers

really? where at cuz i live right by devers..and i never see any pintails or ringnecks around here

i hunt in nome and i dont see those kinda ducks in here that early if at all!!

duck lease in devers

really? where at cuz i live right by devers..and i never see any pintails or ringnecks around here

you know were that gas station 2 j's is, take that left just pass it, and its down one of them roads, i cant believe you aint never seen any ringers b4, two years ago we kill over 200 birds on that lease, and probably 80% of them birds were ringneck, this is the first year that we have seen so many pins,

Guest beat-em_deep

duck lease in devers

you know were that gas station 2 j's is, take that left just pass it, and its down one of them roads, i cant believe you aint never seen any ringers b4, two years ago we kill over 200 birds on that lease, and probably 80% of them birds were ringneck, this is the first year that we have seen so many pins,

I just need somewhere to go frikin hunt lol

duck lease in devers

yeah i know where your talkin about

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476