*Kountze vs. Bridge City/Kountze Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Went to this game. Kountze never completed a pass, ran the ball all night, for about 350 yards. They are pretty quick around the corners, ran wild the 1st half.

BC shot themselves in the foot with penalties all night. Robertson goes 30 or 40 for TD, called back penalty. BC made some nice adjustments at half and shut out Kountze. I thought the BC QB was pretty good, #11 made a great catch near the end of the game to get BC within 2. Kountze ground game ran the clock out to get the win.

The officials were HORRIBLE, some of those guys need to be fired...These kids don't bust thier butts all week just to get to gameday and have the refs ruin it for them...we had 8 holding penalties...most of them were very questionable..I saw at least 10 holds by Kountze that never got called for...It's just amazing..

come on dude, dont blame it on the ref...

im probably the biggest BC fan you'll ever meet, and thats just not something we should do...

if we hold, then let them call it, throw the flag, its something that these boys will need to work on in practise and get better at...

my OPINION on the game :

1st half, Kountze did what they were coached to do, BC sucked it up... idk any other way to put it other than they did NOT come out to play in the first half...

2nd half, lets see... IMO they dominated... they knew that this was gonna be a tough game to play in the situation they were in, and they took it to them the 2nd half...

Kinda funny how Kountze put up 28 points in the first half, then put up ZERO in the second...

(little "what if" kinda thing) IF Bridge City came out in the 1st half like they did in the 2nd half, i think they would have shut them out or kept it to 1 or 2 TD's...

BUT

Great game!

Congrats Kountze on the win!

I went to this game and Kountze was bigger than I thought they would be. They looked bigger than BC. They have a very good running back. Very strong and hard to bring down. BC's running back, Joe Robinson, had a very good game. He ran hard and was very hard to bring down also. He made a lot of yards on second effort. The referees were evidently calling the game real tight. There were too many penalties on both sides. Especially on BC. There was a span where there was 5 penalties in a row. I can't remember but most if not all was on BC. I did not see any of the infractions but I was watching the ball carrier and did not see the infractions. BC had one TD called back because of a penalty and wound up with no points on the drive. There was another long run that got down inside the 10 and was called back because of a penalty. It was like that the whole first half. BC missed the extra point on the first TD because of a bad snap. At least that is what it looked like to me. BC went for two on the next to last TD and looked like they made it but the ref saw it differently. It looked like he caught the ball with both his feed across the goal line facing the playing field. He was then hit from behind and the ref said he did not get it in. At least that is what it looked like to me. Kountze's defense played tough the whole game. BC's offense played good in the first half and very good in the second half. The defense played very good in the second half and kept the Lions from making a point after the half. The first half the defense did not look very fired up and seemed to play a lack luster half of football. If they come out and play like they did in the second half they will win more games. The coaches need to recognise this and get the team fired up to play a whole 48 minutes. Good job by both teams. After the Lions jumped out to a 22 point lead I was afraid the score was going to soar in the second half. BC rose to the occasion and played like they are capable in the second half and made a good game out of it and almost won. Good job BC and good luck next week.

The LIONS pull the upset tonight!  This team is not the big physically nor do they 40+ players but you can not measure heart by height, weight or # of players.  Great job by the players and coaches.  The officials were  horrible!  The LIONS looking good at 2-0.  This DAD is very proud of #85.

First - Congrats to Kountze on a solid win.  You guys did what you needed to do, including running out the clock on the last drive.  Great Job closing out a very good game!

Second - I got there late, missing the first score by both teams.  What I saw for the rest of the first half was the back of the Kountze running back as he swept around our nonexistent corner and put 6 on the board.  BUT, for the 2nd half, BC made GREAT defensive adjustments, and took away the corner, and really slowed down the dive plays as well.  Somebody stepped up and made containment, and there WAS no corner to get around!

Woulda - Coulda - Shoulda .....  If BC makes that defensive adjustment in the 2nd Qtr instead of the 2nd half, they WIN this game!  And that's not taking anything away from Kountze, either.  Just the way I see it!

I was concerned that being down by as much as 3 scores would quickly make this game reminiscent of last year, but I was glad to see the Cards come out in the last 2 Qtrs and play HARD, with heart and desire!

While nobody should be happy with the loss, there were still A LOT of good signs in this game that it will be a good season.  I for one am proud of their play so far!  HEY - we're .500!   ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder